# of Invitees and # of Guests

Tarynashley

Paging Mr. Morrow
Hi guys! So today we are officially 180 days away from our 7/3/16 Wishes wedding and can't believe it! We are planning to have a Welcome Party and yesterday we booked the private room at The Wave on 7/2 for 60 for the breakfast buffet :) so excited!

Making the ADR for The Wave got me thinking about how many people are actually likely to attend the wedding, though. We are inviting 145 adults, and already know by word of mouth that just shy of 50 are planning to attend. I'm wondering whether the total guest count is likely to go much further above that, though.

So Disney brides, how many people did you invite and how many of those folks actually made it to the wedding? I believe that I've read that 50% is average for Disney, but our wedding is during the 4th of July weekend so who knows? Our guests are mostly coming from NJ, with a few from FL and a few from VT/NH.

Thanks for any #s from past weddings!

We invited 51 (including us) and had exactly 40 (including us). They were about 40% from Florida, 25% from Ohio, 25% from New York, and the rest from other places around the country.

Ours was over Labor Day weekend and we invited 65 and had 55 including us. But we only invited people that we were pretty sure would come. The ones who didn't come were mostly cousins who couldn't get out of school.

Ours was 10/12/14 (the Monday of Columbus Day weekend). We invited I believe 115-120, including the two of us (last minute additions from the parents makes it all fuzzy in my head!) and had 75 attend including the two of us. Our planning estimates throughout were for 70, so I would say that our expectations of who would come and who wouldn't were pretty solid. All but 10 of those 75 were from MA or NH (the 10 being 1 from TX, one from MI, 2 from GA and 5 from the Orlando area). Even though it was a holiday weekend, only about 5 or 6 of the 75 guests actually had the holiday off, so IMO that didn't play an enormous factor in our guest list.

Half our guests were from California and half from the rest of the US, mostly on the East Coast. We invited 55 and had 32 show up in Florida.

Thank you guys, so helpful! We are budgeting for 80-100 but if we end up having less I'll be sure to invite all of you guys ;) haha

We invited 140, expected about 120 and ended up with 108. Our wedding was Columbus Day weekend and we invited people from all over the country.

50% is average for most destination weddings, but when the destination is a Disney park, the number tends to be a bit higher. The location is such a draw. We had 100% attendance. Except for a handful of +1s, everyone we budgeted for came. Ours was a much smaller group than yours, though.

This is so helpful! We have about 42 people we feel we have to invite (plus two more for us), but we have our hearts set on The Attic. Obviously, that means we have to just hope and pray that some are no-shows. We are having our wedding on a Thursday morning in May, though (I believe all our back-up dates are similar), so I assume some people won't want to bother based on that. I am hoping for 25-32 as the final count.

We invited about 50 to keep it small and as of now we have about 40 attending. To get the date we wanted, it is in the middle of the week, which is a little awkward for some folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter