Odds of rooms becoming available?

Lucas103

DIS Veteran
I am possibly thinking of booking a very last minute trip in 2 weeks. Do hotels open up rooms closer to the date, or do people need to cancel in order for a hotel to become available? Thanks!

I am possibly thinking of booking a very last minute trip in 2 weeks. Do hotels open up rooms closer to the date, or do people need to cancel in order for a hotel to become available? Thanks!

If you are asking if they hold rooms open for last minute reservations, I would say no. But there are always people who have to cancel. With Pop Warner coming in, it's possible they may not need all the rooms they are holding.

I just booked a last minute trip for Dec 5th-12th. There was virtually no availability but I managed to book Pop the first 2 nights and All Star Movies the next 5. I do check the website daily and a few days ago AoA came up so I switched from Movies to there and then yesterday AoA came up for my first 2 nights so although I have 2 reservations at least I am at the same resort. Since the room only reservations can be cancelled up to 5 days before there seems to be rooms popping up so its worth checking frequently.

Yes, I find rooms come up all the time.
And don't forget to check something like Orbitz. I've also found rooms there when Disney shows them as sold out.
I can only assume when they give blocks to Orbitz to sell Disney takes them out of the inventory so there is less of a chance of overselling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter