• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Odd situation with package delivery - USPS

I am signed up for Informed Delivery from the USPS and every once in awhile mail I am supposed to get on a certain day (according to their email) doesn't arrive. I report it (you can report it online) and I get the standard "wait 3 more days, it may arrive" and 9 out of 10 times, after I report it, it shows up. Both regular mail and packages. Not sure if it's because I reported it or because it was genuinely delayed. A few years ago, myself and about 6 neighbors were all the victims of stolen identity, I got a notice about a credit card being opened in my name when I didn't do it (thank you to discover for the alert). Fortunately I caught it before any charges or other cards were opened. We all wondered if it was someone at the post office. We all had Ring cameras and looked back on the footage, no one unusual went into the mailboxes (we have a walking postal delivery person, all the mailboxes are attached to the house, not on the street). Who knows...

• Wow
Reactions: Liz
I am signed up for Informed Delivery from the USPS and every once in awhile mail I am supposed to get on a certain day (according to their email) doesn't arrive. I report it (you can report it online) and I get the standard "wait 3 more days, it may arrive" and 9 out of 10 times, after I report it, it shows up. Both regular mail and packages. Not sure if it's because I reported it or because it was genuinely delayed. A few years ago, myself and about 6 neighbors were all the victims of stolen identity, I got a notice about a credit card being opened in my name when I didn't do it (thank you to discover for the alert). Fortunately I caught it before any charges or other cards were opened. We all wondered if it was someone at the post office. We all had Ring cameras and looked back on the footage, no one unusual went into the mailboxes (we have a walking postal delivery person, all the mailboxes are attached to the house, not on the street). Who knows...
I've had informed delivery for years. Like you, occasionally something doesn't arrive. I've never reported. The first class items arrived a day or three later.

It's not the seller's fault the address was wrong. If you mean disputing the charge that would be very mean to a small business at a craft fair.
No, I mean Purchase Protection insurance; all of my credit cards have it. If anything unforeseen happens to destroy or catastrophically damage an item within 1 yr of purchase, the insurance reimburses. It also covers shipment accidents.

It's not the seller's fault the address was wrong. If you mean disputing the charge that would be very mean to a small business at a craft fair.
Doesn't matter. At least my card. I can be reimbursed up to a certain figure within the first three months...lost, damaged or stolen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter