• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oculus Quest Virtual Reality Workouts

Tinijocaro

DIS Veteran
Does anyone on here use an Oculus Quest for working out? I am currently in love with Supernatural, come out of it completely soaked with sore abs, things and arms. Here's an example of one Supernatural workout.
I just bought Fit VR (boxing) and like that as well.
I want to have a couple options for workouts so I don't get bored. I also play beat Saber for a lighter workout that's a lot of fun.
I absolutely love the fact that I get an incredible workout with having to leave home. I'm not much of a game player on the Quest, but I love the exercise games, documentaries and virtual trips around the world. If you haven't tried VR, it's an amazing experience with so many different ways to use it.

That looks so cool! My son has an occulus but it makes me motion sick. I get motion sick pretty easily, even when I'm playing traditional video games, so I think maybe VR just isn't for me.

My daughter and I are doing Wii Fit+ right now (it's her turn), and we like using the Xbox Kinect to play Just Dance and Kinect Adventures, they aren't true workout videogames but they get us moving.

That looks so cool! My son has an occulus but it makes me motion sick. I get motion sick pretty easily, even when I'm playing traditional video games, so I think maybe VR just isn't for me.

My daughter and I are doing Wii Fit+ right now (it's her turn), and we like using the Xbox Kinect to play Just Dance and Kinect Adventures, they aren't true workout videogames but they get us moving.
Motion sickness is part of the reason I don't enjoy typical VR games. Maybe give it another try-start with the beat saber demo that comes on the quest (not sure if you have the same oculus, there are different versions of it) If that goes well, try the others. It's honestly changed my life. 55 years of not finding a form of exercise I like. Hubby bought the quest at the start of the pandemic to keep himself amused-I thought it was a frivolous way to spend $400. He stopped using it and I started discovering the fitness apps. I use it daily, he uses it once in a blue moon.

My son has the Oculus, I'm going to look into these, thank you!
Do you know which oculus he has? There is the oculus Go, oculus rift, and the latest, the oculus quest. Not sure if all the games I mentioned are available on all oculus headsets.

Do you know which oculus he has? There is the oculus Go, oculus rift, and the latest, the oculus quest. Not sure if all the games I mentioned are available on all oculus headsets.
It's the Quest.
I'm not too familiar with it myself, though, I'll have to ask him about getting different games. Do you know if the Quest comes with the ones you mentioned, or are these apps that need to be purchased?

It's the Quest.
I'm not too familiar with it myself, though, I'll have to ask him about getting different games. Do you know if the Quest comes with the ones you mentioned, or are these apps that need to be purchased?
I have the quest too so the games I mentioned are on there. Beat Saber has a demo-you may need to search on the quest for them. If you like it you can buy it. Fit VR I believe has a demo and you can purchase it if you like it. Supernatural has a free 30 day trial. Supernatural is expensive. $179.00 per year or you can pay i think $17/month, but you get a new workout each day, great coaches, wide range of music,and incredible scenery. I'm willing to pay it since I keep wanting to come back to it. I'm 55 and it's the first time I love exercise and sweating. I think about it and before I get out of bed each morning Just give it a try and see what you think.

My dh plays beat saber and echo arena. Echo arena is more of a game but with the constant squatting and arm movements it’s like a workout.
I’ve tried playing but I get motion sick especially from the echo arena cause it’s like you are in an antigravity room. With beat saber, I’m just so uncoordinated I can’t make it thru a song on the easy level.

I couldn't do Echo Arena either, felt VERY dizzy. I didn't realize it was a workout game. Never made it that far. Maybe I'll give it another try. I also had a hard time with Richie's Plank Experience. I returned that one. Even though I KNEW I wasn't on a real plank above the city, I could not bring myself to walk out on it, for fear of falling off. My daughter intentionally jumped right off the plank. Vader Immortal is incredibly cool. Darth Vader walks RIGHT UP TO YOU and looks you in the eye. Really cool. Try beat saber again. Stay on the same song for a bit till you get through it.

Hi! I’ve also recently discovered the workout apps on the quest, and am having a blast! I was doing beat saber, synth riders, and oh shape, but I just picked up fitxr, and wow! That one really makes me work up a sweat!

I also tried two apps that work with an exercise bike, but I did get a bit of motion sickness from them, and they both were monthly subscriptions, so I decided against them.

Have you tried sidequest to add games? There is a free app called VR Workout on that, and it is really good as well. It’s not as polished as the other apps, but it’s free!

And, if you like beat saber, but don’t want to pay for the app, there is a webvr game called moonrider that is very similar, and free! To get there, go to the browser in the headset, and lookup moonrider. When you find the game, click on the little VR headset icon, and the game launches from the browser.

My gym has been closed since March, and I’ve been struggling to find something I enjoy. This is it!

Happy VRing everyone!

Last edited:
I never even thought of it. My kids have the Quest, but I haven't used it much myself. But I wouldn't mind looking into this! Thanks!

Hi! I’ve also recently discovered the workout apps on the quest, and am having a blast! I was doing beat saber, synth riders, and oh shape, but I just picked up fitxr, and wow! That one really makes me work up a sweat!

I also tried two apps that work with an exercise bike, but I did get a bit of motion sickness from them, and they both were monthly subscriptions, so I decided against them.

Have you tried sidequest to add games? There is a free app called VR Workout on that, and it is really good as well. It’s not as polished as the other apps, but it’s free!

And, if you like beat saber, but don’t want to pay for the app, there is a webvr game called moon rider that is very similar, and free! To get there, go to the browser in the headset, and lookup moon rider. When you find the game, click on the little VR headset icon, and the game launches from the browser.

My gym has been closed since March, and I’ve been struggling to find something I enjoy. This is it!

Happy VRing everyone!
I have tried sidequest. Filled up most of my storage so I had to ditch the lame sidequest games. I saw that VR Workout game but it looked like there were pushups and I have bad wrists so I didn't add it. How much involves pushup types of movements? Is it a good workout?

I actually play Moon rider more than Beat Saber, better music. I did add custom maps to Beat Saber but many of the maps are either too hard or lame maps. When you do Moonrider, have you tried punch mode? Instead of the saber, you are punching. I think it's much better.

I joined a gym twice. After the first couple weeks I stopped going. Not great at having to leave my house to work out. Takes too much time out of my busy life. Now, I roll out of bed, change into workout clothes, let the dogs out and get to work on Supernatural. I do two workouts, which total about 45-60 minutes. If you haven't tried it, you really have to. It's quite a workout, especially if you are using good form for squats and lunges, and fairly straight arms to hit the balloons. It took me about a month to really get the hang of using good form consistently.

I never even thought of it. My kids have the Quest, but I haven't used it much myself. But I wouldn't mind looking into this! Thanks!
Your kids are going to regret me telling you about the workout apps. Let me know if you try any. Beat Saber demo is a fun way to start. But for a real workout, try either FitVR or Supernatural.

Supernatural is amazing. It costs money monthly tho. I really love the songs and the mix between Beat saber and a dodge type game.

Supernatural is amazing. It costs money monthly tho. I really love the songs and the mix between Beat saber and a dodge type game.
I know. I hate that Supernatural is expensive but dammit! I'm worth it. I really don't spend on myself and I work and kids are grown (all four in college-yipee). I'm paying for the year and it's $179. Really, not that bad. Especially if I keep it up. I can feel myself getting firmer, esp in the belly area but thighs and arms have slimmed down too after two months of playing. Funny thing is, I've only lost 3 lbs. But my body is changing so that's good. I save Beat Saber for when I really don't want to sweat too badly.

I have tried sidequest. Filled up most of my storage so I had to ditch the lame sidequest games. I saw that VR Workout game but it looked like there were pushups and I have bad wrists so I didn't add it. How much involves pushup types of movements? Is it a good workout?

I actually play Moon rider more than Beat Saber, better music. I did add custom maps to Beat Saber but many of the maps are either too hard or lame maps. When you do Moonrider, have you tried punch mode? Instead of the saber, you are punching. I think it's much better.

I joined a gym twice. After the first couple weeks I stopped going. Not great at having to leave my house to work out. Takes too much time out of my busy life. Now, I roll out of bed, change into workout clothes, let the dogs out and get to work on Supernatural. I do two workouts, which total about 45-60 minutes. If you haven't tried it, you really have to. It's quite a workout, especially if you are using good form for squats and lunges, and fairly straight arms to hit the balloons. It took me about a month to really get the hang of using good form consistently.

I have tried punch mode in moonrider, I do agree that it is better. I just usually forget about it since it’s not on the main screen. For VR workout, you can set the app for no pushups. It’s a good workout, but again, I usually forget to use it since it’s in the unknown sources. 😏

Do you think Supernatural is that much better of a workout than Fitvr? I’d prefer to not spend the extra on a monthly fee, but I was blown away by how much harder FitVR was than beat saber, synth riders, and oh shape (in that order). If Supernatural is really that much better, I’d consider it.

if you’re interested, I’m in two Facebook groups for quest which I enjoy. One is called oculus quest for ages 40 and up, and the other is Oculus Quest Ladies. Both are fun groups. Cmon over!

Jen

Last edited:
I have tried punch mode in moonrider, I do agree that it is better. I just usually forget about it since it’s not on the main screen. For VR workout, you can set the app for no pushups. It’s a good workout, but again, I usually forget to use it since it’s in the unknown sources. 😏

Do you think Supernatural is that much better of a workout than Fitvr? I’d prefer to not spend the extra on a monthly fee, but I was blown away by how much harder FitVR was than beat saber, synth riders, and oh shape (in that order). If Supernatural is really that much better, I’d consider it.

if you’re interested, I’m in two Facebook groups for quest which I enjoy. One is called oculus quest for ages 40 and up, and the other is Oculus Quest Ladies. Both are fun groups. Cmon over!

Jen
Lol-we are both in the same FB groups! My name is Jackie Dubill. Too funny! I'm also in a Supernatural group. If I were you, I would try Supernatural for a month and decide. Don't just decide after your first couple workouts-give it time. start with low level and stay until it feels pretty easy and you can get good scores most of the time. Fit VR can be as much of a workout as Supernatural but I feel like you have to add some of your own movements like bobbing at the knees a lot, sort of like boxers do. But if you just stand and punch, doing squats as they come, you won't get as much of a workout. I'm more of a "I'll do what I'm told and no more" kind of exerciser. Supernatural often feels like dancing, just the way the movements are mapped. Really fun. Especially when you start doing medium level workouts. With Supernatural, I really feel my core also being worked out, besides glutes, thighs, and arms. I'm not sure if it's the same with FitVR. I have only used it a couple times so I may not be the person to ask but IMO, Supernatural and FitVr are the top two for if you want an actual workout.

Thanks for the tip on VR Workout. I'll try it.

I'm going to try the Supernatural trial, we also have Beat Sabre, excited to try something new! I have a stationary bike I ride (sometimes, lol) but really need to commit to working out for real this time, wish me luck please!

I'm going to try the Supernatural trial, we also have Beat Sabre, excited to try something new! I have a stationary bike I ride (sometimes, lol) but really need to commit to working out for real this time, wish me luck please!
Good luck! Let me know if the triangles confuse you, I can help. When you calibrate your height in the beginning, don't squat too low and for lunges, don't lunge too far. Otherwise it will be too hard. You can always recalibrate it later.

Jen
Here is a Web VR Directory, all the other games you can find by doing a web search on the headset.
https://webvr.directory/?fbclid=IwAR0pWzYvgxBFoxxGr-9wxhDd1nf7aGMn9Ou_vbdNmNSfNBa8X4s1f1Xj6So

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter