October Waitlist! Come through or Still Waiting?

A couple weeks ago, we booked 1 night for my brother's family in a studio at SSR on Oct. 9th, as that was all that was available. We waitlisted them for that night in a studio anywhere else on property, as we have family staying in every resort BUT SSR. (And no, I'm not an ssr hater...we own there and LOVE it...but that's another topic for another day.)

Within a couple of days, I saw on the member website that they now have a preferred view studio at BWV. Woohooo! That will be so much fun for them!

But it would be even better if they could have either boardwalk view, or BCV (for their boys to get a chance to try SAB) so I called and asked MS to keep them on the waitlist for those two options.

We're getting really close to our trip, so it will be fun to see if it comes through. I will call each day at the 7 day mark to keep them on the WL.

Shelly,

You are on the 2004 thread not 2007. I was also on the wrong thread. search for october 2007 waitlist for the current one.

amanda

I'm working on a somewhat last-minute trip, started planning about three weeks ago. Was able to book BWV for Oct. 12-13 right off the bat (weekend), and could have booked SSR for Oct. 14-15 but didn't, as I really didn't want to stay at SSR. Kind of dumb of me, as I could have switched. Of course, two days later nothing was available for those two days.

Anyway, nothing was available for Oct. 11, and I have been on the waitlist for anything, anywhere.

Just checked my account and I have an Oct. 11 reservation for a 1 bedroom for Oct. 11. This is good news.

As of now (all 1 BR):

10-11: VWL
10-12: BWV
10-13:BWV
10-14: No room, on waitlist
10-15: OKW

I don't mind moving once, but I sure hate to move twice. And if somehow we have to move three times, my wife will leave me. So we'll see what happens. I'll call Monday to check the status of my remaining waitlists, and will go on the Oct. 11 waitlist for BWV. But at least I've got a room if it doesn't come through.

Update! As of 11 a.m. Oct. 1 I now have:
10-11: VWL
10-12: BWV
10-13:BWV
10-14: BWV
10-15: OKW

They found the additional night at BWV when I called in to get on a BWV waitlist for 10-11. Who knows, before this is over I may not have to move at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter