• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October Trip Reports w/activity calendar

Wow, missed a whole day of posting. Yesterday we got up and DD had her Chocolate waffles, DW and I where saving room for lunch at Fishlips at Port Canaveral.

It took me a while before my lightbulb turned on and I thought, "hey, I"VE eaten at Fishlips too". :idea:

Based on snowmedic's recommendation, of course. :rolleyes:

This past spring break we camped about a mile from Port Canaveral at Jetty Park on the Atlantic Ocean (we were about 200 yards inland) while we did 3 spring training baseball games, one day of Magic Kingdom, and a day of Kennedy Space Center. Fishlips is close by and was delicious - lots of good choices there.

Thanks for the recommendation, Vince (always trust the [former] locals for restaurant recommendations).

Bama Ed

Ok , so we made it to lumberton koa. Pads are a bit worn , but everything else is very nice. Private bathrooms, and showers also. You get a private room with room for it all. There nice, and clean. Workers were nice , thoughtful and atually took tou to the site and answered any questions and showed you how stuff worked, a first for me. Ride down was excruciating, mosson type rains, flooding, about 7 bad accidents. One car was on top on a guard rail on the side of a hill or cliff, too much fog and rain to see to be sure. I had my camper hydroplane, yea thats a thing. Dam bridge, a bit of flooding and 40 mph driving to get out of the winds. As my tv went over the hill im guessing it took some weight off the TT , just enough so it slide on the water. From there on it was slow driving wven after the storm passed. But we made it, tomorrow to Jacksonville north, about a 4.5 hour ride closer to the fort! Be there soon! Oh and a found a bit of water in the camper, must have been the wind driven rain where the 2 window panels meet in the middle. Everything else was bone dry. So , im hopeing it was that.

When we went to try and visit you at Jetty park we noticed there was a Fishlips within the park, ( the ranger let us drive around without paying). I forgot I had your number, even though I butt dialed you at least 8 times in one day and maybe @tiggerdad also. Sorry about that.

Thoroughly enjoyed TE dinner with 2 of my co-workers tonight who came down from Lake Mary hotel to join me. Got to show them a few loops and why I love this place. Then they took a rocker top rail pic with me (in the Kickin’ it thread).

852BA443-E478-4DDC-86A9-77CB34CDB7BE.jpegB47470A2-FF27-4CAE-ABFE-FE525752D492.jpeg6E9541FD-3445-4187-A78D-ECFFFD97DBEF.jpeg

Jimmy, it was nice finally getting to met you for a few minutes today. We have some camping trips planned for 2020 up north, maybe we will run into each other again. Still jealous we leave the same day and you will beat me back north by about 23 hrs. ✈

Be safe,
Snowmedic ( Vince) and family

Made it to dinner but then the rain came so back at camp waiting for it to stop so I can go for my nightly looping. Been getting about 9 miles a day in with just walking around taking pictures.

Walked pretty much all the camping loops today (missed 2000 and 2100 I think). Stopped by sites for GrumpyAggie/Friend of Eeyore but think they were out (cart gone). Christine Raynor (but Satellite TV was wonky and the Mr. was on phone trying to get that straightened out—hope all is good now!!), and did get to meet snowmedic and his family (was nice meeting and talking to you)—I went to the wrong site with tent next door first...think I scared them a bit, but they were nice :). Also got to see bama_ed’s intitials as well as the aforementioned dinner at TE. Pretty good day. Going to find someplace to watch fireworks around the lake.

Jimmy, it was nice finally getting to met you for a few minutes today. We have some camping trips planned for 2020 up north, maybe we will run into each other again. Still jealous we leave the same day and you will beat me back north by about 23 hrs. ✈

Be safe,
Snowmedic ( Vince) and family

I wish I could get you guys on the plane (it is crazy the difference between the drive and flying!), but the drive is half the adventure, right? (Ok...maybe not all the time...). You travel safe, too! I still think a Northeast camping season mini-meet would be fun someday! Perhaps.....

Jim

and did get to meet snowmedic and his family (was nice meeting and talking to you)—I went to the wrong site with tent next door first...think I scared them a bit, but they were nice :)

That’s funny, when we came back from dinner I started backing into there site. Not use to having a tent right next to ours in a full hook up site.

Good things come with patience. Well, maybe some very light pestering.Finally found bama_ed initials!!View attachment 448047

I was at the Bama Fall Exhibition baseball game (against tiggerdad's might University of Southern Miss Golden Eagles) when your initial text came in. 4077 and i have some history from the 2017 trip of mine (and his I guess). I have rectified my wrong, however, by adding your name and number to my cell phone contact list. For when the next "call to the bullpen" comes in. :rolleyes:

Yep, those are mine. Not prominent. Not deep/pretty. But you are one of the growing number of those who know where they are (I can count them on one hand). It's a tough thing to stalk the sidewalk concrete crews and try to "do the deed". I failed the first time but succeeded the second time.

Glad you got to meet Medic, the Ms, and Lil'M. DIS Meets are the highlights of my past trips.

Have a safe flight home, 4077. :wave:

Ed

Getting ready to watch Fireworks from Poly beach....see something I NEVER saw before....one of the “Staten Island” ferries cruising the lake past Grand Floridian and Polynesian on some sort of charter or rental I presume (I am not aware of any regular party on those ferries). All the passengers had blinking night time stuff....was a lot of blinking going on! Funny to see those ferries doing something other than going back and forth between TTC and MK.

Getting ready to watch Fireworks from Poly beach....

Not saying it’s the norm, but last time I watched fireworks on a MNSSHP night, couple nights ago they didn’t start till about 10:45. Like I said not sure if that is going to happen again tonight or not.

This is our last full day at the Fort. We will start taking things over to the storage unit this morning and getting laundry done. There will be swimming and lots of looping. We have our TE dinner then of to Universal City Walk for some Harry Potter stuff for DD.
Always seems like a gloomy day when you know you will be leaving within 24 hrs. I will just have to keep telling myself, 4 1/2 months you can do it.

Today won’t be ever total downer though, it will be someone’s 49 birthday

800B2132-41E4-42C3-8985-FB739FD457D6.jpeg

and there’s no better place to spend it then at the Fort with family and friends.

Sitting here at work counting down the minutes and just heard on the radio that the heat index in Orlando today will be 101, ugh, really! So over this heat. Was hoping to leave Winter Haven around noon but DH threw his back out so he has to go to the Chiropractor and the only appt was 2:30, so we should be on the road between 3:30 - 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter