October Trip Reports w/activity calendar

Be safe. Say hi to Kenny when you get your cart. We pick up ours on the 26th, the morning after we get there. We leave AZ the day you check in. 20 days to the fort with a couple of long stops along the way.
Will do .. We have used him for many of our trips to the Fort. Enjoy the trip over to the Sunshine State. Hopefully it will be cooler when you are there. Looks like highs in the mid 80's and Lows in the low 70's with afternoon thunder storms.. Typical Florida weather. I don't care. I will be at the Fort.

We have never been to the Fort before and can't wait.! We are having mid to upper 90's here is North Georgia and have not had any rain for weeks now. Cooler temps will be a nice change. We are bringing our own golf cart with us and looking forward to riding around and seeing the decorations after dark.

Today is the day we did our first Magic Kingdom day back in 2017, this trip will be our 3rd trip to Disney and the second one this year!

Last edited:

Still planning on heading down to the Fort in Oct. just not on the dates I originally planned. Due to work I had to cancel and make new reservations. Our new dates are arriving on the 20th and checking out on the 29. Lil medic does not no about this trip. Last time we planned a trip without her knowing we got to Trenton NJ before she realized we where going to Disney.

Went out this morning to pair my new tire pressure sensors with my command center tablet. The tablet had fallen off the mount and now I have cracked the screen. :( Now I have to try to see if I can get it fixed or replaced before we head down. Unreal!!

Still planning on heading down to the Fort in Oct. just not on the dates I originally planned. Due to work I had to cancel and make new reservations. Our new dates are arriving on the 20th and checking out on the 29. Lil medic does not no about this trip. Last time we planned a trip without her knowing we got to Trenton NJ before she realized we where going to Disney.

What route do you take out of New England?

Hi, guys! New to the board as we are first time FW campers in less than 11 days (eek!). As with anything we do the first time (for example our first Disney cruise), our first trip is dedicated to learning the culture of this pocket of Disney. Do most of you take your own vehicle to the parks or ride the bus/boat? Trying to determine what's going to be the best time saver for our family!

Hi, guys! New to the board as we are first time FW campers in less than 11 days (eek!). As with anything we do the first time (for example our first Disney cruise), our first trip is dedicated to learning the culture of this pocket of Disney. Do most of you take your own vehicle to the parks or ride the bus/boat? Trying to determine what's going to be the best time saver for our family!

TCopple, :welcome: to the Camping Forum :disrocks:

I'll chime in and say that we take the boat to MK and drive to the other parks. Our current favorite camping loops are 100/200 in the Preferred category which are within easy walking distance to the MK boat dock. The other parks require an internal Fort bus (wait, ride) and then a park bus (wait, ride). But the MK boat ride (or the smaller boat to the Contemporary and walk over if we want an earlier start in the park) is relaxing and fun in both directions.

Good luck on your first trip!

Bama Ed

PS - and for sure, we campers have a culture different from the other WDW resort guests. :crazy:

What route do you take out of New England?
Living up in the NW corner of Vt, right next to N.Y. we take I87 S to Albany, pick up N.Y. through way to I believe it’s rt. 117 through Hackensack to 80 east then the Garden State Parkway down 95.

Welcome! For a first trip I'd say use the WDW transportation. It's part of the WDW culture. The boat is definitely a time saver. The bus may be faster. It drops off pretty close to park entrances so it may save time from parking "to infinity and beyond". Definitely saves time over driving and getting lost also.

I thought since your staying at the fort, the parking was free if you drove to the parks?

I thought since your staying at the fort, the parking was free if you drove to the parks?
I think you are right. Parking was free at the parks for FW campers last time I was there. We tended to take the boat to MK and drive to the rest of the parks....it just seemed to be the most convenient way to do it for us.

I think you are right. Parking was free at the parks for FW campers last time I was there. We tended to take the boat to MK and drive to the rest of the parks....it just seemed to be the most convenient way to do it for us.
Personal opinion. We always take the boat to MK and drive our car to all other parks. Annual pass and staying at FW makes parking free. Internal trams at parks makes entry easy. Driving home is much nicer then walking to bus then changing to fort bus or golf cart. If it is raining or real hot (or both) the car ride is much faster and more comfortable.

I ordered a 7 way RV plug to 4 way trailer plug yesterday. I forgot I needed an adapter since it's the first time we are going to be pulling our trailer with the golf cart. Thinking about doing a sat dish upgrade before we leave. The one we have on top of the RV is too old and won't work. We worked on a game plan to decorate the golf cart. Added money onto our Sun pass and changed it to the motorhome. My wife said to me yesterday : You seem to be in a hurry, do you want me to start loading food into the motorhome? I wish and can we leave tomorrow?

Waiting to hear from RVi today and see how much it's going to cost me to fix or replace the tablet.

Last edited:
Took the cover off of our travel trailer this weekend :cool1:, So excited that camping season has finally started for us. Still hot as heck, but hoping for some cooler temps in the next few weeks. Plugged her in and put out the slide and awning and turned on the A/C, just to make sure everything still worked after being dormant for 5 months. So far everything good. DH checked the tires, ok there too. Next will be the battery and fridge, then we can start we stocking all the essentials.

Took an evening trip over to HS as we heard the single rider line for Smuggler's Run was less than 10 minutes. That was the case, waited about 8 minutes. Ride is pretty cool, but would have been better if we would have been the pilots or gunners, as they have a more active rolls and can see better. We were the lowly engineers in the back :rolleyes:. You also miss all the neat stuff in the queue line, so maybe one day if the stand by line is ever less than 30 minutes, we will do that.

Ordered a new replacement tablet today for the TPMS and braking system. It only cost me $65.00 bucks and it should be here by Thursday. Not as bad as I was fearing, thank goodness they don't use an iPad as the command center! I ordered a new screen off of eBay for $7.50 and will try and will fix the old one and keep it was a back up. 3 weeks from now we will be doing the MNSSHP!!!

Ordered a new replacement tablet today for the TPMS and braking system. It only cost me $65.00 bucks and it should be here by Thursday. Not as bad as I was fearing, thank goodness they don't use an iPad as the command center! I ordered a new screen off of eBay for $7.50 and will try and will fix the old one and keep it was a back up. 3 weeks from now we will be doing the MNSSHP!!!
Motor coach home tomorrow. Pull out saturday morning. Looks like we will be about a day behind rain coming up from Mexico and Gulf of Cali. Still mid 90's here so nice to get out of southern AZ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter