October Disney trip!

Boostd2valve

Earning My Ears
Hello, planning a Disneyworld trip in October, I heard the crowds may be pretty heavy. Last time I’ve been we went the week after the 4th of July, should i expect the same or more? Thanks!

It really depends how long ago you went in July, and when in October you're going.

We've been several times in October.

Columbus Day week will really be the only 'heavy' crowd week in October. Some things to consider.
  • You will want hoppers. they are more valuable in October than any other time of the year.
  • You will be working around shortened MK hours with all of the Halloween parties. It makes the non-party nights very busy. Try to do everything you want to do at MK during the day on a party day, and then hop elsewhere at night. For MK at night, hop from another park on a non-party night, just to absorb the nighttime atmosphere. Don't expect to get a whole lot done that night.
  • Epcot is a great place to hop to at nights, with the Food & Wine festival. We especially enjoy the concerts, and will see anywhere from 2-4 during the course of our trip.
  • Obviously, Galaxy's Edge will be new, and we have not experienced that during October. While it is very cool when it is all lit up, we typically are hopping somewhere else at night after spending the day at HS, because we don't feel HS handles crowds very well, especially at night.
  • Animal Kingdom can be hot and miserable, or absolutely beautiful, depending on the weather. Tropical moisture in early October can make it miserable, but if you get some lower humidity, it can be the highlight of your trip.

We have gone the 3rd or 4th week in October the last 4 years. It can be crowded, but not unmanageable.
If you avoid EPCOT Friday night and Saturday you should be ok.
However, nobody knows what will happen with SWGE opening in August.
What happened at DL cannot be extrapolated to WDW as both parks are handling SWGE totally differently.

Hi

We go last two weeks in Oct and it has got a bit busier as the years have gone by. This year is going to be interesting I think and it depends on whether you are staying at Disney or not. ALL parks except EPCOT have EMH EVERY morning in October this year, with HS opening at 6.00am until 9.00am EMH the others (MK and AK) 7.00 am until 8.00 am EMH. So everyone is guessing what it's going to be like, whatever it will be different this year for sure.

Regards

We have gone many years in Oct and avoid Columbus day weekend if at all possible.

Also avoid EPCOT Fri and Sat nights as F&W festival is going on. The very large amount of people there is daunting!

Agree with above posters, get the park hoppers. You will want it.

Hello, planning a Disneyworld trip in October, I heard the crowds may be pretty heavy. Last time I’ve been we went the week after the 4th of July, should i expect the same or more? Thanks!

You should expect it to be busy.
Always.
But with WAY nicer weather!!
And slightly less chance of rain!!

We went the week before Columbus day weekend. Our last Saturday there was the first day of Columbus day weekend. It was crazy!!!!!! Whatever you do dont go to mk that day. It was also a non-party day. People were pushing at the ropes behind the castle at 6:45pm to get a spot for fireworks at 9. Luckily we had reservations to eat at CRT and watched the fireworks inside. The rest of the week we hardly waited in line for anything. That day pirates was the shortest line in the park at 75 minutes. It was still very hot!!!!!!!! So, don't expect nice cool fall weather........it was over 95 everyday we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter