October Challenge

Alice28

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I'm Doombah Fricki
I am going to *guess* that I won the September challenge. ToDisney, if you did, I will gladly hand over the title. :D Anyway, the goal of the month is to accomplish as many scrapbook pages as you can (completely finishing each page) and then post here when you get some pages done. I will keep track of how many pages each person does and award the winner some goodies (yet to be determined....going shopping on Tuesday!). The winner will host the November challenge.

On your marks...get set....SCRAP!

Alice28 definitely won - just posted a message to her there.

And count me back in this month. I was on a roll yesterday and completed 10 pages on DS's book. I was ready to continue but had a specific idea in mind and didn't have the paper I needed. Since this is a chronological book and I can never tell how many pages I'm going to need until I get them done I really didn't want to "skip ahead".

Various obligations will probably keep me out of my workroom until at least Thursday night but I'm definitely on a roll. I have his freshman year sorted out into an accordian folder with all the associated memorabilia. My goal is to finish this year by the end of Oct.

Deb

I am for sure in. I need to get my tush in gear. I completed 14 pages last month which is pretty good for me. My goal this month is to fill up my cranberry album with as much as I can, then complete my wedding album I have ready and waiting.

That should keep me busy for a while!! :)

PS - no pages done in October yet.

All right! So far we have two ladies in~ with FantasticDis already in the lead with 10 pages. And Cobbler is motivated- watch out!

I went to my fabulous scrapping store today and couldn't figure out what to buy for the winner. What do you all think- some Fall and Halloween things? Disney (as we all love Disney!)? A little of everything? Or should I wait for the end of the month and have the winner give me an idea of what she might like? My scrapbook store is VERY good about getting the latest stuff in stock quickly- always something new, and often something I have seen in a recent magazine.

Okay, this time I am actually going to scrap some pages. I already did 2 pages on the 1st. So, 2 down....

Alice28 do you live near Mt. St. Helens? Tina

Cisco~

Yes, I live just south of Portland, in a little burb called Oregon City. We can see Mt. St. Helens from the freeway when going into Portland. It's been very hazy the last few days, so we can't really see any action, but geez, lots of news interruptions and such. I bought some water at Costco today *just in case.* Moved from earthquake central (SF Bay area) to volcano territory I guess. I'm not too worried. I don't think the ash and such would affect us too badly this far south, if indeed it does blow big.

Originally posted by Alice28
Cisco~

Yes, I live just south of Portland, in a little burb called Oregon City. We can see Mt. St. Helens from the freeway when going into Portland. It's been very hazy the last few days, so we can't really see any action, but geez, lots of news interruptions and such. I bought some water at Costco today *just in case.* Moved from earthquake central (SF Bay area) to volcano territory I guess. I'm not too worried. I don't think the ash and such would affect us too badly this far south, if indeed it does blow big.

Yes, the news is interesting.... I'm from the Bay Area too. I live in Sacramento now. I miss the Bay Area though. Some of my family still lives there.

Anyways, I forgot to congrat you on winning last month's challenge!

Tina

I'm in again this month.... got two pages done so far...............P

Count me in a gain. I got a decent start, although I was moving in slow motion for my scrapping weekend, so I didn't so as much as I wanted. Just a tip for all of you - avoid ferries crossing Lake Michigan late in the season. It can put a damper on your fun weekend!

I counted last night but I forgot already. Somewhere between 15 and 20. I'll post tomorrow.

count me in too!
Last month I worked on a lot of scrap book stuff.... I completed with the help of dear friends, many on here! 70 pages. But couldn't play because I didn't create the pages just put the pictures on each page. It was for a scrap book for a dear friend who is terminally ill. They are amazing albums I must add!
So this month is my turn! I am headed to crop on Sat and have another one later in the month so hopefully I will finish up last years school pages!

Well so far I have done 6 pages. (OK my question is what do you count as a page, just one side as a page or front and back as a page?)

If it is one side as a page, then I did 6, if it is front and back as one page then I did 3. So you tell me.

Also I have croptoberfest coming up on Saturday from 10-6 so look out!!!!

Wtpclc -
Where in MI do you live?? I live in West Michigan and I found an AWESOME scrapbook store. Called Pages in Time, not sure if it is chain or what but I never saw sooo many stickers and just about everything under the sun!! I was in Heaven :) They even had neat diecuts of local schools stuff.

OMGosh Alice and Tina!! I'm from the Bay Area, too!!! Oakland and San Leandro. Still have lots of my dad's family in the area... haven't been back in YEARS, though!!

Anyway... put me down for 3 pages so far. I VOLUNTEERED (well kinda) to do my sister's 2003 Thanksgiving Disney trip... (and her 2004 book... and trust me, I have plenty of my own stuff to do... LOL!!)

Originally posted by cobbler
Well so far I have done 6 pages. (OK my question is what do you count as a page, just one side as a page or front and back as a page?)

If it is one side as a page, then I did 6, if it is front and back as one page then I did 3. So you tell me.

Also I have croptoberfest coming up on Saturday from 10-6 so look out!!!!

Wtpclc -
Where in MI do you live?? I live in West Michigan and I found an AWESOME scrapbook store. Called Pages in Time, not sure if it is chain or what but I never saw sooo many stickers and just about everything under the sun!! I was in Heaven :) They even had neat diecuts of local schools stuff.

One side is a page, so I put you down for 6. :D

Originally posted by ToDisney
OMGosh Alice and Tina!! I'm from the Bay Area, too!!! Oakland and San Leandro. Still have lots of my dad's family in the area... haven't been back in YEARS, though!!

Anyway... put me down for 3 pages so far. I VOLUNTEERED (well kinda) to do my sister's 2003 Thanksgiving Disney trip... (and her 2004 book... and trust me, I have plenty of my own stuff to do... LOL!!)

San Jose gal here. Born in Santa Cruz, but moved to San Jose at 4 and lived there til I got married just shy of 23. SJSU alumni, etc.

Okay ladies, an updated list of our players:
FanDisFam: 10
Cobbler: 6
Cisco: 2
pjlla: 2
wtpclc: somewhere between 15-20 (you go!)
Spinning: 0 (so far)
ToDisney: 3

I have done a big fat zero. I wore myself out last month! Have been working on the Epcot swap though...plan on not doing any scrapping til the Croptoberfest I am attending on the 23rd. :D

Keep it up everyone! :sunny:

You can put me down for 3 more. I did 3 more pages tonight :)

Over halfway to what I did last month and it is only the 5th :teeth:

count me in . I have 6 pgs done and my GS troop is hosting a mother-daughter srapbook day for 4 hrs. it not long enough!!:teeth: :thewave:

OK. I was a little off, I only did 14. I have many that just need to be journaled, though, so that number should go up soon.

Cobbler, I'm in Spring Lake. Where are you and where is this awesome store?

Carrie - you didn't really try to do the Cross Lake Ferry last weekend did you? Oh man, DH was working and said he wouldn't have gone near that lake for anything! Hope you're feeling better!

Cobbler - Pages in Time is in North Muskegon (out near the GS council office) so are you in that area? If so you HAVE to get down and check out Scrapbook 101 on Harvey Street.

Let's see - that gives us me, wdwmom and daughter Keli, Carrie (wtpclc) & Cobbler all in this general area of Michigan.

Can we say CROP!!!!!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter