October 7 night Fantasy sailings...is it really happening?

Clojel

DIS Veteran
Curious if those on the October sailings have heard anything? Have you "checked in" yet? We're supposed to be on a 7 night in December on the Fantasy and I'm interested to see if those 7 night sailings are really going to resume in October like they had said...

I just received my luggage tags. I was expecting something fancier, but they will do. They also have my previous cabin number on them.

Ohh.....wonder if ours will too.
Haven't picked up the mail yet. We're off to get flu shots and will on the way back

I just received my luggage tags. I was expecting something fancier, but they will do. They also have my previous cabin number on them.
I had my luggage at original room listed on the tag twice. I was terrified that medicine was not going to be there with us the first time. I’ll wear are the same thing all seven days, but my parents need their medicines. Took hours to find the bags.

We have checked-in for the 8 night on Oct. 16. As you likely saw, our itinerary got almost entirely changed.

I had my luggage at original room listed on the tag twice. I was terrified that medicine was not going to be there with us the first time. I’ll wear are the same thing all seven days, but my parents need their medicines. Took hours to find the bags.

Always carry medications with you!! A main rule.

We were told to scratch off the wrong room number and write the new one.....but not to interfere with the bar code......supposedly it should scan the right number

We were told to scratch off the wrong room number and write the new one.....but not to interfere with the bar code......supposedly it should scan the right number
Same—we took a sharpie and crossed out the old and wrote in the new number. No problems!

We were told our luggage would be handled like platinum. They were trying to bump up our care level because we had slept in a conference room on cots instead of the room that we had and they seem so eager and assured us that they would take such good care of us since the room was a debacle. But with great hesitation (I didn’t want to insult them) I said we will hold onto this one piece because it had the medicine in it. But they assured me they had never lost any luggage and we were in the very best of hands. And to be honest they didn’t lose the luggage it’s just that the old room number was scanned even though the new room number was written over it.

We were told our luggage would be handled like platinum. They were trying to bump up our care level because we had slept in a conference room on cots instead of the room that we had and they seem so eager and assured us that they would take such good care of us since the room was a debacle. But with great hesitation (I didn’t want to insult them) I said we will hold onto this one piece because it had the medicine in it. But they assured me they had never lost any luggage and we were in the very best of hands. And to be honest they didn’t lose the luggage it’s just that the old room number was scanned even though the new room number was written over it.
Wait??? You slept in a conference room? What happened?

Wait??? You slept in a conference room? What happened?
Yes, 2014ish years ago. It was weather delays that did not affect Wisconsin or Florida but caused many canceled outgoing flights so people didn’t check out of their rooms. We pre-paid Disney to stay at airport but our flight had been delayed with the whole flight mess and we slept on cots in a conference room with a public bathroom down the hall. They told me that they would put the credit onto my onboard account but put it onto assorted giftcards instead. Such a mess. Took years to get it all straightened out.

For those of you sailing next week...what were your itinerary changes?

For those of you sailing next week...what were your itinerary changes?
We sail the 16th. Ports changed from Antigua, st marten and San Juan to 2 stops in Mexico and Nassau. We aren’t thrilled with the changes, but just happy the ship is sailing for 8 nights. They also gave us $500 OBC due to the change of ports.

We had a cabin change after our tags arrived for a sailing in September - I just wrote it on with a sharpie and I got my luggage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter