October 25, 2008 Halloween on the High Seas (2)

HELLO FROM FLORIDA!!

Yup, we're here! Arrived today; we left Toronto on Tuesday (a little later than we wanted, but that turned out not to matter much) and spent Tues night in Kentucky, last night in Georgia and .... here we are, in Florida! I have a hotel booked for tonight and tomorrow night and then Saturday we get "our" condo for a week (not my condo -- I wish -- but we've stayed there before). The condo is so close to the port, I can see all the cruise ships from our balcony as they leave. I'll be waving goodbye to the Magic on Saturday, knowing NEXT Saturday she's all ours!!!

Saw the Wonder in port as we arrived today, then saw it head out to sea from our hotel balcony late this afternoon.

Makes it all so exciting!! :cool1: :cool1:

And for anyone who's wondering, at 5 pm today it was 86 F here!!! It's LOVELY!! :thumbsup2

==Lennie==

YAY for Lennie! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

What are your plans for PC for a week?

Hope your having fun (and that the drive was bearable)!

HI

Just a quick post to say goodbye!

I survived the cystoscopy yesterday but I am very sore today. I also was very tired after the sedation and fit for nothing last evening - so today is going to be a bit hectic to say the least. I have loads to do before we leave home at about 4pm.

Hope all goes well with you all for the rest of your preparations. I will miss coming on here and seeing what everyone is up to - I missed a lot just being absent for one day! Wishing everyone a safe journey - and see you on the
25th! Look out for us in the terminal - we will not be wearing DIS T-Shirts, as I am afraid I ran out of time - but we do have very noticeable luggage!

I may pop on again later if I get any time :rotfl: but if not it's goodbye from me, and thank you all for making this pre-cruise build-up so enjoyable! Can't wait to meet you all in person!

Helen, Andy, Rachel and Beth - prepare to be ambushed by pirates at MNSSHP on the 24th - POTC at 7pm! See you there!pirate: pirate: pirate:

Sarah, have a safe and non hectic journey!!

Lennie, enjoy the warmth and sunshine!!

Bill, good job on getting the 10th post, now you can PM and send pictures!!

I have an easy question this am. On deck 9 where they have the soft drinks available. how small are the cups?? I havwe ton of the refillable mugs from numerous DW resorts and I was thinking of bring one per child. Are they neccessary or are the cups big enough?? also if a lot of people use them I don't want to have to buy anymore. I could open a store and sell them I have so many!! Thanks.

(just looking to free up some room in the suitcase!!)

I have an easy question this am. On deck 9 where they have the soft drinks available. how small are the cups?? I havwe ton of the refillable mugs from numerous DW resorts and I was thinking of bring one per child. Are they neccessary or are the cups big enough?? also if a lot of people use them I don't want to have to buy anymore. I could open a store and sell them I have so many!! Thanks.

I dont know what the exact size is - but we always bring our refillable cups from wdw :)

have a safe flight and i cant wait to meet you all in person! i bet you all are super excited to be actually STARTING vacation/ holiday! LUCKY!:banana: :banana:

Sarah, have a safe and non hectic journey!!

Lennie, enjoy the warmth and sunshine!!

Bill, good job on getting the 10th post, now you can PM and send pictures!!

Mary, the cups I think are 12 ounce size - maybe a medium, if I remember correctly. Plenty big enough.

Our first cruise we bought the DCL refillable cups but only used them once or twice. I don't know if that helps you.

Personally, I would save the luggage space for something else. BUT it's up to you and your family on what to do.:)

Sarah, have safe travels and glad to hear you survived your procedure! I know that couldn't have been fun the day before you fly out!

Lennie, glad to hear that you made it safely!!! And the weather here was even gorgeous until last night and the winds came in. 88 yesterday, 64 today for a high......:sad2: but maybe this will give me a chance to pack my shorts finally! Can't pack 'em if you're wearing 'em!

Kinda leads me to the QOTD:

Who plans on doing a bulk of their packing this weekend?

I know I sure am! This will be the only time that I have DH to help me and it needs to get (mostly) done!

I think I actually did the "bulk" of the packing last week - as far as laying things out and making a list of things we still need (luckily just a few items) - but I do hope to finish this weekend :laundy:

Good morning!

To answer the QOTD, I really hope I've done the bulk part of the packing by now. Clothes should really be the easy part now that I've hunted down everything (OK, almost everything) I need. I plan to do the bulk of the clothes packing, which includes finishing the laundry, which may be the main event this weekend. :scared1:

And, for those looking for an update, the tropics are currently rather quiet, with Omar going away. Not to scare anyone, but some of the hurricane models are showing "something" that may develop over the next week in the Caribbean. The models don't agree on where it will form nor where it will go - and it is definitely not a sure thing that anything will develop. Not being a meteorologist, I can only guess, but based on past experience/knowledge, I don't expect this to be anything to ruin our trip (is it possible to ruin a Disney cruise??). If the timing is bad, I suppose there is the potential for our itinerary to be altered (e.g., the order of ports, which seems to be the first thing Disney considers when they can't do the itinerary as-is). It's going to be at least a few days before we see anything, but I'll keep everyone updated as I hear about them. For now, there's nothing we can do, not even plan for it, so there's no reason worrying. But, if you're planning an excursion on your own, it probably wouldn't hurt to bring a phone number or email address to contact them, just in case. But, that's probably a good idea, anyway!

Staci

I received my FE from Tiffany (Luvtheears) yesterday. IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! Had the pleasure of speaking to her when we were planning its design. She is a really nice (and talented!) person. DEFINITELY would recommend!:thumbsup2

I've been posting to this site for several years, but never uploaded pics. Can someone give me a quick tip on how to do it? I will then finally upload pics of my family (and my new FE :woohoo: )!

Answer to question: I aim to finish packing by Sunday (that would be a first--usually I'm up til 3:00 a.m. the night before !) I already packed all formal wear. Just casual clothes and toiletries left.

For our signs, I bought magnetic backing in the Christmas Tree Shop for a couple of dollars and just cut pieces and stuck them on the back of the signs I made. I just printed the signs on colored cardstock (scrapbook pages). This may be an easy way for those not wanting to go out and buy magnet paper. Not sure how secure it will be, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Finished the online filling out of forms on the DCL website. Not for nothing, but how SLOW is that website??:sad2: Took way too long to do.

Also, I was going through the little book that came with the cruise docs. There is a page in there that must be filled out and given at the terminal when you check in if you want to use the Disney luggage transfer option for the way home. Didn't have this service when we last cruised (or at least I didn't know about it :confused3 ). Just wanted to give the heads up to any who didn't see this.

Work is so much more bearable when you know you only have ONE WEEK LEFT!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Lisa

Mary, the cups I think are 12 ounce size - maybe a medium, if I remember correctly. Plenty big enough.

Our first cruise we bought the DCL refillable cups but only used them once or twice. I don't know if that helps you.

Personally, I would save the luggage space for something else. BUT it's up to you and your family on what to do.
On our May '08 cruise, there were signs at the drink station to take a fresh paper cup each time -- for health reasons.

So, even if you bring a refillable cup, it is a good practice to use a paper cup and transfer the soda to your refillable cup.

Personally, I would not bother packing refillable cups. We've been to several airports lately, and saw many people get nailed with "extra bag" and "overweight bag" charges.

Woody

This time next week we'll be in FLA!!!:cool1:

We will be getting ready to land at this point next week! :yay:

HI

I survived the cystoscopy yesterday but I am very sore today. I also was very tired after the sedation and fit for nothing last evening - so today is going to be a bit hectic to say the least. I have loads to do before we leave home at about 4pm.

Hope all goes well with you all for the rest of your preparations. I will miss coming on here and seeing what everyone is up to - I missed a lot just being absent for one day! Wishing everyone a safe journey - and see you on the
25th! Look out for us in the terminal - we will not be wearing DIS T-Shirts, as I am afraid I ran out of time - but we do have very noticeable luggage!

I may pop on again later if I get any time :rotfl: but if not it's goodbye from me, and thank you all for making this pre-cruise build-up so enjoyable! Can't wait to meet you all in person!

Helen, Andy, Rachel and Beth - prepare to be ambushed by pirates at MNSSHP on the 24th - POTC at 7pm! See you there!pirate: pirate: pirate:

Sarah, I actually found that a plane ride was just the thing I needed after my D&C in 2006.... Nothing to do but sleep.... i think I was asleep before Nelson buckled my seatbelt! :goodvibes So... Enjoy the ride!

Will try to find you at MNSSHP on the 24th!

Safe travels to Sarah and family! :goodvibes

Just trying to get to ten posts:rolleyes1

One more and I'm there:woohoo:

WOW! you have to wait fourty seconds between posts too.:surfweb:

Wasn't that fun? :rotfl:

I really hope I can... I am supposed to be off from work on Fridays and Saturdays, but due to vacation had to bring home a stack of work that would rival the Magic in height (ok, ok, so I am exaggerating, it would probably only make it to the 7th or 8th deck) :lmao:

I need to, at the very least, get all my FE gifts done, so that I can ship them down (Priority Delivery) on Monday. Hopefully, I can do some serious :laundy: and packing (you really would thinking the DIS would have a packing smilie ~ I just don't get it?!?) this weekend so that I do not stress over it too much next week. We had a church member pass away so that is going to really take up alot of my work time next week.

I received my FE from Tiffany (Luvtheears) yesterday. IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! Had the pleasure of speaking to her when we were planning its design. She is a really nice (and talented!) person. DEFINITELY would recommend!:thumbsup2

I've been posting to this site for several years, but never uploaded pics. Can someone give me a quick tip on how to do it? I will then finally upload pics of my family (and my new FE :woohoo: )!

Answer to question: I aim to finish packing by Sunday (that would be a first--usually I'm up til 3:00 a.m. the night before !) I already packed all formal wear. Just casual clothes and toiletries left.

For our signs, I bought magnetic backing in the Christmas Tree Shop for a couple of dollars and just cut pieces and stuck them on the back of the signs I made. I just printed the signs on colored cardstock (scrapbook pages). This may be an easy way for those not wanting to go out and buy magnet paper. Not sure how secure it will be, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Finished the online filling out of forms on the DCL website. Not for nothing, but how SLOW is that website??:sad2: Took way too long to do.

Also, I was going through the little book that came with the cruise docs. There is a page in there that must be filled out and given at the terminal when you check in if you want to use the Disney luggage transfer option for the way home. Didn't have this service when we last cruised (or at least I didn't know about it :confused3 ). Just wanted to give the heads up to any who didn't see this.

Work is so much more bearable when you know you only have ONE WEEK LEFT!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Lisa

Tiffany does do beautiful work... My FE came from her as well...

As far as uploading photos... you need a photobucket account (I think there are other sites too, but I use photobucket) you can get a free account... once you upload your photos to photobucket there will be 4 boxes under each photo, the very bottom one is IMG code... that is what this site uses... so you copy the IMG code and paste it in your post. Voila! You have a photo in your post! Good Luck!

Yes, the DCL website is super slow.... Don't know f it has to do with all the people looking at the new 2010 cruises....

Oh! Planning on updating the shore excursion/palo/spa and the pets posts soon.... if you have any more/new info or pics for me please PM them! Thanks!

THANKS JEN!!! A nice easy explanation just as I wanted! :worship:

I will try it when I go home today as my pics are only on my home computer.

Lisa

I was envious of those who had already left on vacation, then I glanced at my "to-do" list, the empty suitcases, the half assembled FE, and decided that maybe it wasn't so bad that I had a bit more time to get things done.
Although, if I had left yesturday-wouldn't this already have been packed???

Will we be losers if we don't have door magnets?

There is just such PRESSURE to keep up!!!:scared1:

Looking forward to meeting everyone. I have not posted much but enjoy everyone's account of preparation and packing.

I have not done much in preparation - no door magnets, no FE, no T-shirt (and I LOVE the logo). A lanyard from a previous cruise. Maybe an old door magnet (just cross out the old cabin number - where the marker comes in handy).

I will be in vacation mode! One week from today!!!!

Suzanne

HI

Good bye! Enjoy your trip!:goodvibes

See you on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter