October 25, 2008 Halloween on the High Seas (2)

Hi. I am newly signed up and want to know about the fish extender exchange. Anxiously awaiting cruizing with disney family. Can anyone give me some guidance. Thanks.

Hi and welcome aboard :banana: :banana: :banana:
if you check out post 1 you will see what we have planned
please feel free to join us in any of the meets
Not sure if the fish extender exchange is still open but I'm trying to find out for you
we did start a new group for late comers

keep posting here until you get to 10 posts then you can Private messege people and post photos

Thanks to Rory and Staci, I have the files for the cruise on the internet available for download. Please pm me with your email for the link. These will be updated as information comes in. Just check the download date for the newest revision. Arlene is also putting the link onto the private site (thanks to you too, Arlene!!!)

The Halloween Logo original size, the "cheat sheet" for the cruise, and the Trick or Treat sheet for the parents and volunteers along with other info (this is where you can see where you volunteered and need to be.) I couldn't get the FE Cabin map on there so if you want it, let me know. I can email or just print up the final and deliver on the ship. Your choice, just let me know.

A few reminders:::::::

ToT drop off
DIS meet 10/25 - Promenade Lounge 3:00 pm

Suzie's cabin 6130
Sat 10/25 7:30-8:30
Sun 10/26 3:30-5:00

Tara's cabin 5126
Sun 10/26 6:00-7:00

Trick or Treat
Monday, October 27th at 2:00 pm in the Atrium

Disney Group Photo Op
Tuesday, October 28th 7:30 pm deck 4 FORWARD stairs

To pickup your lanyards (thank you again, Dana!!!) please come to the DIS meet on the first day!

Thanks everyone! Only a little while longer!!!

And don't forget the Chat room / Martini drinking Meet on the second sea day
as we don't know the time and place you will have to check when on board

Jenn,
I am jealous over you crocs with "ears". Hey Gang, M-I-C-See ya real soon,K- E- Y, Why? because it is really going to happen! I just received my statesroom #7598 for the Hernandez Family. Payton female age 12-is interested in e-mailing other 12 year old girls pre trip, pirate message me- and Jayme 8 year old girl! Please update your lists!!! (You'll recognize the 'ol DH he is going as grumpy!!)
Frances
Frances

I have another FE question! Sorry, never done this b4 and missed the very early posts. Are these gifts supposed to be a secret or do you put who it is from on the gifts?

as for the QOTD: I have not had any really great Birthday parties that I can remember! I am hoping that my 2008 birthday will be the best party that I have!!! I know I had parties as a kid but none stand out. I remember that I hade strep throat and a temp over 102 for my 21st. Pregnant for 30. Miserable for 35!!! Hoping FORTY will be Fabulous with a Luau at the polynesean planned!!!

Mary

Goofprincess - so sorry! WELCOME! I somehow missed your post!

Hard to believe that two weeks from now, we will be at MCO Hyatt making plans with Dana on where we want to eat dinner!!!! OMG! It's so close now!!!!!!!!:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Mary, gifts are given however you want. There is no set rule. If you want to remain anonymous or label them from you, so be it! It's all good and fun.

Jenn,
I am jealous over you crocs with "ears". Hey Gang, M-I-C-See ya real soon,K- E- Y, Why? because it is really going to happen! I just received my statesroom #7598 for the Hernandez Family. Payton female age 12-is interested in e-mailing other 12 year old girls pre trip, pirate message me- and Jayme 8 year old girl! Please update your lists!!! (You'll recognize the 'ol DH he is going as grumpy!!)
Frances
Frances

Frences, you can get your own www.crocs.com they have some great colors! The added bonus is that it is footwear that weighs very little so you can bring a bunch of it and it wont go against your luggage weight!:cool1:

I like your song too, made me giggle! :goodvibes

Hi Jenn, I love the crocs as well, DD has a pair in red. I would love a pair for myself. Does anyone know how the sizes run. I wear a 7 1/2-8. I think the 8-9 will be too big and the 6-7 will be too small. I feel like goldie locks!! I need the one that's just right!!!:lmao: :lmao:

Okay, I'm going to amend an earlier post. The lists I have, other than the ToT list, has all been from postings on here, so nothing that wasn't public knowledge before.

SOOOO...big drum roll here.......the link for the

Halloween HOTHS full size logo
Cruise "cheat sheet"
and
Trick or Treat volunteer and kid list

is www.roryandstaci.com/disboard

TADA! The items on there are all in word or excel 97-2003 format so there should be no problems opening them. No Vista or 2007 versions (sorry for those previously....!!).

I will keep updating these lists as needed. I know that I already have an update for the TOT list but nothing detrimental. Keep checking back!

And if there's anything else that you think needs to be there, let me know. We can work on getting it there! Rory says that he has tons of space there, so.... just kidding, Rory! Thanks again to Rory and Staci!!!! And thanks to Rory for talking me through it all!!!! I know that was painful for you, Rory! (Why? 'Cause I'm a blonde, yeah, yeah, yeah!) I soooo owe you guys drinks on board!

Ameera got her shots today (yuck) and of course is now running a fever but she loved dinner and they brought her a piece of chocolate pie after dinner at the pizzaria (can you see a theme here on chocolate?!). What a mess!
Good news is that she put on three pounds (sad that I get to cheer for her putting weight on! Just not fair!) and brings her onto the growth chart now! She's a whole whopping 22 pounds!! 3rd percentile! But her height...well, we're still off the charts at -3%. She's only 31 inches tall. But then again, mommy nor daddy is tall! Not even remotely!

Just browsing through the OLD HOTHS site and found this in the tips section...thought some might be interested

This is an article written for the newsletter from an 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise on the origin of Fish Extenders.

“Fish Extenders And the Memories They Can Hold by Scott &Lynn (ScottH)

To fish extend or not that is the question. The answer is definitely exted. Time for history. So to copy Cup Reporter Peter’s (Hygienne99) Post:

“Epcotkilterfan/Debbie, found these at a little Dollar like Store in Ohio, was so excited and posted a picture asking if anyone would like one… Well she went back and bought out the Store and gave them as gifts to every May (2005) Repo Cruiser. They then hung outside the Stateroom on the fish acting like a mail box for other gifts given by other Cruiser thru out the two weeks at sea”
Thanks Debbie, you are a trend starter.

This fish extender was made by Carol “Pahrumpgirl.and her DH Thank you Carol for your creative Hard work. “ I purchased two and they are beautiful .”

They can be made secure on your room fish by using zip-tie to secure the hanging cord to your stateroom fish. Thus never leave home without duct tamp or a few zip ties.

“It started with some folks offering to make door magnets, name tags, lanyards, luggage tags, mini navigators, and some others were bringing bubbles for the sailing away party. It kind of grew from there, some people got really creative with things such as specially ordered M7M’s in Dis green, or rolls of life saver mints, with customer wrappers. Other found things related to the topics at their local dollar stores or out of Oriental Trading Post catalogue. Some folks mad bookmarks on their computers. A lot were given anonymously. Again the gifts were something that some but not all the folks on the DIS board created for other cruisers. We would hate to feel that anyone felt they had to come up with a gift for each stateroom or cruiser. Hope this helps you understand the background of the “gifts” that appeared daily in our fish extenders.

Editor’s Note “ Other items that were used as gifts were glow necklaces, Pirate eye patches, “gold” coin, pen, pads, pencils, mini flash light, post cards from your hometown and country, candies, mini Frisbees, just to name a few.”

If anyone is interested in making one I can post the direction.

Rental cars are finally reserved for before and after the cruise!!! (if you all only knew how much angst that one little thing was creating! Whew!)

Is it time to go yet? Work has gotten so bad, I can barely stand it! I need a cruise now!

Happy Birthday to everyone having a special day!

I got my driver's license at age 15!

We have a Suburban and a Cobalt.

We traded in a beautiful, fully loaded Avalanche for that tiny Cobalt, but the gas mileage is wonderful.

Happy Birthday to all who celebrated this week!

So glad it is Friday but I am sure I will be working from home this weekend. The things I need to do to be caught up so I can go on vacation!

Plan also to finish FE gifts this weekend! So I can pack!

I got my driver's license at 16 (after one failed attempt) Oh how I cried when I failed the first time! parallel parking YUCK!

I drive a GMC Yukon XL and we have 2 Chevy Lumina's (one for Shelby).
As far as birthdays go, no big celebrations here, maybe in a few years for my 40th?

Well I am off to bed, see you in chat tomorrow only two more Saturday chats before we chat in person!:cool1:

I have late dining this year; being an earlier eater, i am not sure if this is gonna work out. What is the consensus?

Oh, Jenn....please forgive me for this but a friend told me about this website and well....these are for you!!! (I just couldn't resist...I tried but couldn't!!)

I have late dining this year; being an earlier eater, i am not sure if this is gonna work out. What is the consensus?

I think you should be fine with the time change (CA resident correct?) with eating late dining. If not, grab a quick snack or something to tide you over at the pool area or room service. If it really doesn't work, ask to see if you can switch.

***Don't forget to check out post#1 and drop back to tell us about your group. We'd really like to get to know you!

GoofPrincess: Can you send me a pirate messge (PM) with your family details for the Fish Extender Exchange: Info I will need is names, ages and genders of children and your cabin number. I can then add you all to Group 4.

Group 4: Do you want a cut off date for joining your Group? If you are happy to keep it open up until the last minute then can I have a volunteer to take over the adding of names etc as I leave on for Florida on the 17th October. If you would like a cut off date then you could pehaps have 17th October and then no one else will need to help out. Can you let me know. Thanks.

One week today and we will be at the airport - this is going to be one crazy hectic week!:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Jenn,
Frances
Frances

Hi Frances, I'm late with the welcome aboards.pirate: I too was a latecomer to the disboards, but I'm glad we're all here now.:banana: I have 2 daughters Elizabeth is 10 and Kari age 8princess: As you and I are both part of FE group 4 we should definately arrange for the girls to get together. Are you going to the day 1 dis meet? We'll keep an eye out for you:flower3:

Michelle
DHpirate: Me:surfweb: DD 10 :cheer2: DD 8 princess:

2 weeks until embarkation:banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :cool1: :cool1:

:banana: :banana: :banana: 2 Weeks today until we sailaway:banana: :banana: :banana:
apmickey5.gif
apmndce.gif

apmickey5.gif
apmndce.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter