October 20th 2007 Western Magic Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there's no security when you get off the ship, Rob was thinking of the immigration officers that non-US residents have to go through.

Yeh and a 6am call as well.

Don't forget everyone has to go through customs though with their luggage.

Heather

Yeah, that's exactly what it was like! :lmao: There! I said it, now gimme my food!!!!!!!!!

Cass,

I was just thinking of you and laughing. Our cable t.v. has music stations on it and I am listening to the 90's. No more than 10 minutes ago Hanson was on with "Mmm Bop". :rotfl2:

Aaaaah, that's why! We just hit 18,000!! Congrats Nancy on getting post #18000!!! :woohoo:

Yeh and a 6am call as well.

Don't forget everyone has to go through customs though with their luggage.

Heather

Yes, that is true! But usually it's a breeze, you just hand them your card and that's it!

Cass,

I was just thinking of you and laughing. Our cable t.v. has music stations on it and I am listening to the 90's. No more than 10 minutes ago Hanson was on with "Mmm Bop". :rotfl2:

Oh great, now I am associated with 3 teenage boys :rolleyes: ...lovely!
:lmao:

Jen,

Good luck with that!! I know that is usually the cheapest airport around, but it makes me nervous too--I guess, mainly because I have never used it. Who knows? Maybe you will love it!! :thumbsup2 I know what you mean with the head spinning thing, have you booked your excursions yet?

It is making me SOOO nervous! I wish I was flying out of Milwaukee or Madison (my personal fave even it means connecting flights) But I couldn't beat the price. However, so far they have changed the time of my flight at least 4 times (maybe more that I don't know about) and not by just minutes, either! It's bouncin' around from 2:30-something to 3:-something, now I checked it today and it's at 12:30! :scared1: I will have to check it 20 times on the 18th and 19th!

I haven't booked excursions yet, can't until the 6th...:hourglass

Jen

It is making me SOOO nervous! I wish I was flying out of Milwaukee or Madison (my personal fave even it means connecting flights) But I couldn't beat the price. However, so far they have changed the time of my flight at least 4 times (maybe more that I don't know about) and not by just minutes, either! It's bouncin' around from 2:30-something to 3:-something, now I checked it today and it's at 12:30! :scared1: I will have to check it 20 times on the 18th and 19th!

Jen

That sounds like AirTran. We had a problem like that this past January. We booked in June/July and had no less than 7 changes (3 of them major).

Jen

That is soooo annoying!! We were originally flying down on the 20th arriving at noon. That flight was cancelled and they put us on a flight arriving at 4:30pm!!! When we tried to change it to the 19th they said it was going to cost us $900 for the 4 of us. Well, my husband went crazy and it all worked out o.k. We now arrive at 9:30pm on Friday and are flying home on Sunday!

I have nothing important to say...I'm just posting because I can. My work is finished and I'll be out of the office for training tomorrow, so why start a new analysis now? Why set a good example for my co-workers / employees? Why not start strategizing about how I'm going to try to make my Food and Wine reservations on Monday morning along with 6,457,896 other crazy DISsers (actual number of DISsers calling WDW at 6AM CST monday morning + / - 6,400,000). :rotfl2:

That sounds like AirTran. We had a problem like that this past January. We booked in June/July and had no less than 7 changes (3 of them major).

We've actually had that problem with Delta in the past too. Because of all of the changes we now have like a 4 hour layover in Cincinnati instead of the 1 hour we had before for our September trip. Well heck it takes 3 hours to DRIVE to Cincinnati, so why don't we just drive down and fly out of there?!

So, what fabu Food and Wine Festival events are we trying for?

Sushi / Sake tasting in Japan on 10/15
Food & Wine pairing at Le Cellier on 10/19
Party for the Senses 10/20 (this way we can eat and drink ourselves silly while you fine people are sailing away to the Caribbean with our little Plankie-poo)
Scotch & Food pairing at Rose & Crown on 10/21

None of the signature dinners or exquisitely expensive evenings that are being offered during our visit sound all that appealing so we've decided to spend that money at the Mandara Spa instead. I love my hubby! :thumbsup2

Granted, the Mandara Spa doesn't have a naughty mud room like the Vista Spa, but I think we can make do.

They offer a couples treatment (we did this when we were at WDW in May for our anniversary) called the Time for Two Massage: Enjoy a 50 minute aromatic massage side-by-side and then relax in a private hydrotherapy tub for an additional 30 minutes. Ah..... :cloud9:

I took a bath this morning before coming to work, so don't try to tell me that you're all staying away because I'm stinky. ;)

I'm going home... I'm going to work out with the hubby (how many calories can I burn taking a 3-mile walk in less than 60 minutes in 95-degree heat?) and then I'm going to come back to the DIS and post inane and annoying things all night until someone begs me to stop. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

So, what fabu Food and Wine Festival events are we trying for?

Sushi / Sake tasting in Japan on 10/15
Food & Wine pairing at Le Cellier on 10/19
Party for the Senses 10/20 (this way we can eat and drink ourselves silly while you fine people are sailing away to the Caribbean with our little Plankie-poo)
Scotch & Food pairing at Rose & Crown on 10/21

None of the signature dinners or exquisitely expensive evenings that are being offered during our visit sound all that appealing so we've decided to spend that money at the Mandara Spa instead. I love my hubby! :thumbsup2

They should have Hot Dog & French Fry pairings, I'd go to that!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Hmmm....cheeseburger tastings.....

.....chicken strip and sauces pairings....yum

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter