October 2023 Magic Westbound Panama Canal

So close!!! Just FYI, you can now pre-book the rainforest room for the length of the cruise. $279 + 18% gratuity. I decided not to do it. The scrubs are no longer included and with the tip it would be over $650 for 2 of us. Hoping to maybe get a one day pass, but NBD if not. There is so much other stuff I want to do on the ship. See you all in a couple of weeks! :-)

Ohhh good spot. I think with this one not having the extras like the hot tubs I would be more inclined to do a day pass. The area is so small and last time I paid for a length of stay it was so busy in there I didn't find I used it enough to warrant the cost. See you in just over 2 weeks (in fact 2 weeks now I will have checked in for my flight and be sat having a glass of fizz and a cooked breakfast (I'm on vacation so I'm starting it early :D )

I’m so glad everyone is getting excited for this cruise! The Cast and Crew look forward to welcoming you all onboard very soon ☺️
We're super excited, too! Any rumblings on board about delays in the transit due to the drought in Panama? I've reached out to shoreside concierge but they claimed to be unaware of any issues.

We're super excited, too! Any rumblings on board about delays in the transit due to the drought in Panama? I've reached out to shoreside concierge but they claimed to be unaware of any issues.
No, no one has mentioned anything at all. If I do hear anything I’ll let you know

Disney schedule their transit and changed the port times in Columbia a few months back when the transit issues started so I think they are just ensuring we make the scheduled transit time. Its mainly container ships having issues as they don't schedule their transit in advance

Disney schedule their transit and changed the port times in Columbia a few months back when the transit issues started so I think they are just ensuring we make the scheduled transit time. Its mainly container ships having issues as they don't schedule their transit in advance
Yes, I am aware that DCL schedules their slot well in advance. I'm sure they have made all appropriate plans, and have planned for any contingencies. I agree that it's primarily containter ships that are impacted. However, as someone who managed and planned large projects for a living, I always look out for the worst case and how to mitigate. I am not stressed or concerned at all. Just looking for all data. :)

Yes, I am aware that DCL schedules their slot well in advance. I'm sure they have made all appropriate plans, and have planned for any contingencies. I agree that it's primarily containter ships that are impacted. However, as someone who managed and planned large projects for a living, I always look out for the worst case and how to mitigate. I am not stressed or concerned at all. Just looking for all data. :)

Sorry wasn't trying to offend you in anyway. As said Disney changed its port times so I feel this was them doing as you mention mitigating for the worst case scenario. They don't really have any other mitigation options do they?

Sorry wasn't trying to offend you in anyway. As said Disney changed its port times so I feel this was them doing as you mention mitigating for the worst case scenario. They don't really have any other mitigation options do they?
No offense taken. No need to apologize. It's hard to convey "tone" in a written forum.

I think you are correct that DCL moved the departure time in Colombia to ensure we are in position at the proper time. If for some reason we are delayed I suppose we could skip a port day in Mexico.

No offense taken. No need to apologize. It's hard to convey "tone" in a written forum.

I think you are correct that DCL moved the departure time in Colombia to ensure we are in position at the proper time. If for some reason we are delayed I suppose we could skip a port day in Mexico.
I just wanted to chime in that I don’t think our port time in Colombia ever changed. My original booking documents from last fall show it as an 8:30am-1pm stop. So if it changed, it changed very quickly after the cruise was announced.

I just wanted to chime in that I don’t think our port time in Colombia ever changed. My original booking documents from last fall show it as an 8:30am-1pm stop. So if it changed, it changed very quickly after the cruise was announced.
What was odd was that we had an excursion booked that was just recently cancelled because the end time was past the all aboard time. You would think that this would have been know when the booking window opened. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I think this is also a possibility
What was odd was that we had an excursion booked that was just recently cancelled because the end time was past the all aboard time. You would think that this would have been know when the booking window opened. 🤷‍♂️

OK well this is weird because I checked my original booking and you are right it did say 1pm but at the point where I booked tours I wrote down the port times at it said 3:45pm. I'm not wondering if they accidentally changed it at some point and then were just moving it back?

So close!!! Just FYI, you can now pre-book the rainforest room for the length of the cruise. $279 + 18% gratuity. I decided not to do it. The scrubs are no longer included and with the tip it would be over $650 for 2 of us. Hoping to maybe get a one day pass, but NBD if not. There is so much other stuff I want to do on the ship. See you all in a couple of weeks! :-)
I have the length of cruise pass booked for our EBPC in December, but I would much rather do a day pass. I know each cruise will vary, however could you please update after the WBPC as to whether day passes were available? If there were none available during your cruise, I will likely keep my length of cruise. If there were even a few day passes available I will take the risk and try for one!

I am looking for transportation from Galveston to George Bush Airpot three days after my WB cruise. Anyone recommend a company?

I am looking for transportation from Galveston to George Bush Airpot three days after my WB cruise. Anyone recommend a company?

You might have more luck on the main page I'm afraid as this cruise went Miami to San Diego so nowhere near Galveston.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter