October 2021 Car Rental Thread

I just saved $162 on my rental for late Oct. Used the over 50 code from hertz. It is still absurdly high but it's getting better. My extra days are killing me.
AARP keeps sending me literature I wonder if I'm close enough :D

what company? Alamo is still much higher for us.
Hertz AAA + 10% coupon link on website

lower than my DH’s best work rate thru Avis, that hasn’t happened in over a year!

carsavers or auto slash easy sites to check rates

Last edited:
Hertz AAA + 10% coupon link on website

lower than my DH’s best work rate thru Avis, that hasn’t happened in over a year!

carsavers or auto slash easy sites to crates
the coupon link on AAA or on Hertz website? Currently Hertz is double what Avis has for me for my dates.

I have two coupon codes for Budget. The 25% off one came from Budget themselves but I'm not sure where the other one came from, just so you're aware.

Budget BCD S341840

Coupon 25% off D419806

I was able to use this BCD code and it took the base rate for a full week Minivan from $630 down to $450 for the 2nd week of October. We had to have something with seating for 7 and this is much lower than anything else I have found. Thanks so much!

I was able to get a Dollar Nissan Pathfinder (I need a 6 passenger) last week in October/early November for 10 nights through AAA for $711. Two days ago it was $823 and that includes tax. No code on this one, but I will continue to stalk and see if I can add a code if I can find one...

May I ask how you are getting such low rates? I have a costco membership as well and it's still sky high for my dates. Do you have any codes or coupons? Thanks!

Most likely your dates are different than McMonsters, which will affect pricing. I'm seeing the same price as McMonsters for the dates they specified in their post (11th-18th).

May I ask how you are getting such low rates? I have a costco membership as well and it's still sky high for my dates. Do you have any codes or coupons? Thanks!
I’m just checking at random times on the Costco site….the car rental gods have been generous with my rates.

Put in a request on www.autoslash.com to track your reservation and jump on it when they offer a lower price. Right now I've got an intermediate car for 10/13-18 for $295 with National, right now the best price for those dates is over $600. Prices can drop 50% one day and go right back up the next. Autoslash checks many times a day and sends an email when they find something lower.

Wondered the same thing. Our week is still well over $500 for a midsize. Glad I reserved one long ago and cheaper.

I was just able to lock in a full size SUV from Hertz for $337 ($444 with taxes and fees) for a full week for our arrival 1 week from tomorrow. I think this is now the 4th reservation that I have made (all others have been fully refundable). Prices just seemed to keep falling the closer we got.

i must be on the wrong week. Checked again, and with all discounts, still over $500 for a compact.

Our trip is short 4 days but I have a midsize booked with hertz for $167.32 total.
10/1 - 10/5

Discounts
CDP: AAA NORTHEAST
Official Travel
PC: 00210569
RQ: AAD3​

i must be on the wrong week. Checked again, and with all discounts, still over $500 for a compact.
Are you looking at only one company? What are your dates? I'm booked 10/13-18 with National for $300, when I look there are other companies offering as low as $150 for those same dates.

Has anyone been successful in securing a one-way rental from the "World Car Rental" at the disney transportation stop? I want to drive from MCO to FLL, but National/Alamo/Enterprise all seem to be blocking one-way rentals.

I have my intermediate SUV down to $376 all in, for 8 days mid October, booked with Avis through Costco. Still higher than years past, but about $100 less than where I started.

The prices for my dates are creeping back up with Alamo but it looks like Budget is trying to come down a bit. I prefer Alamo and double check their website vs Costco because we like the ”Drive Happy” deal. I noticed it dropped to $270 for our dates so I rebooked just now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter