October 2018 Check In

Oh man, I’ll be doing the Surf City 10 with DH, but we’re staying in Huntington Beach the night before. Hopefully you can find someone to share a ride with as the parking situation can be nuts!

ETA: Forgot to insert my quote @tabersdismom24

Thanks for the tip! I'm not really sure what to expect since I've never done the event before, but I am so excited! I live in the midwest so long distance races around here are rather uneventful! I have read it's best to carpool so it sounds like it might be a little nuts down there. Happy racing to you and your DH!

We are doing an adults only trips with my friend and her husband 10/9-10/13. Her-husband’s 40th birthday is on 10/12 so we are going to the Halloween party that day and have 3 day base tickets for the rest of the trip.

Just booked 3 nights at the Anaheim Desert Inn on October 25 for daughter's 18th birthday. In parks 26th and 27th, no party this year :(

30 days until first park day
5 weeks until MHP.

Could easily weep with anticipation!!
Packing list started but definitely don't have everything yet. Eep!
I will wave. Sounds like we will be there at the same time!

27 days till we fly out, 29 days till we hit the parks. Can't. Wait.

We leave end of Next week and I haven't pulled out anything to pack yet which is so NOT like haha. Monday is my only day off before we leave so I will have to make sure to get my act together... This is the first Disney trip when I am doing carry on only. We only will be in the parks for 3 days so it should be easy but I always second guess myself if I am missing something.

24 days and soooooo excited. Not been to DL for over 20 years, so everything will be new. I know that I won't need it but I am working on my daily plans, love doing this. There are so many things I want to do so a little plan might help. We have booked Blue Bajou lunch. We will also visit MHP and my Cheshire Cat costume is waiting. Have fun everybody.

4 more days til parks, leaving in less than 2 days in general, and i have STILL not packed a thing. Im a mess.

Yup..very minimal packing has been completed and I'm 4 days out. Last night I put my Halloween themed skirts in my suitcase because I know I'll wear them..so that's a start lol. I need to check the weather forecast and determine the rest of my clothes packing based on that. I also need to glue down the last pair of Minnie ears that I made and figure out how many I'm bringing. Oh. And narrow down which shoes to bring. :scared:

We leave next Tuesday and go to the parks next Wednesday. No packing done yet as the weather here is still warm enough I am still wearing all the clothes I plan on packing. We will do laundry on Sunday and pack then.

Got back Saturday night. What an AMAZING trip!!
We splurged and did MaxPass on our last day, glad we did as it was our only chance to ride Radiator Springs in the dark. So very cool!!!
Crowded all days, but only once was it annoying, and that was our last evening in CA. A young adult couple felt the need to RUN to their next location and the gal ran smack in to me, almost knocking me down. I will admit to reactively saying something not Disney appropriate. Sorry to anyone that heard it, but I was a bit stunned by the force of the hit.

EDIT: No idea why my ticker says I get to go again in a year. Gonna take another 5 years to save up again! *sigh*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter