October 2014 Car Rentals.

The rates are still unpredictable. I've never ever seen them go double and triple though, that's crazy. Yesterday I say almost $50 a day for mid size/standard.

I found a liveable rate if need be, in fact the minivan is $70 less then the $300 rate I paid at Sanford two years ago. The minivan came out $10 more then the full size, that full size is now over $400 a week, it is just nuts!

But, it is our two week mark and even flights are crazy high then. I'll keep checking until the night before.

As far as Ubber, I guess they have them, but why not just use ME if you are onsite. If you need a car a few days I found one trip a weekend rental from Enterprise was $55 for three days.

even though I made a res back in August, I keep checking. 6 days before we fly out, and rates are still insanely high! Over $500-600 for a compact?!

even though I made a res back in August, I keep checking. 6 days before we fly out, and rates are still insanely high! Over $500-600 for a compact?!

You should try bidding for a rental on priceline. Last Christmas I was able to get a rental at 50% off the lowest rate I could find anywhere else.

Just returned from MCO. Rented a standard from Alamo using Costco code and $30 coupon for 10 days (10/3-10/12) for $168. Costco includes extra driver. Found a Town and Country Minivan! I was about to take an Impala when the minivan showed up. All went smoothly and I highly recommend Alamo.

The rentals for the end of next week are nuts!
I can't believe the rate for a compact car...glad I held onto the two I have. We are flying into Sanford so that will be a bit hight, but wow. The minivan $233 is looking like a bargain now compared to the full size I priced.

I just did a google search and found a code for Dollar for standard $169 a week. Estimated total $227. promo code ED165

Anyone coming up with good rates for the last week of the month? Doesn't seem like it ever dipped and I am still holding on the rate from my original booking. :confused3

Anyone coming up with good rates for the last week of the month? Doesn't seem like it ever dipped and I am still holding on the rate from my original booking. :confused3

We have 175 weekly but booked several months ago. They have been steadily going up. I haven't seen rates this high in a long time.

I pickup today and again, there were no drops prior to my dates. The price is double what I have now. The days of low rates are long gone. This is my third rental this year (late January, early May, and now) and as you see no holidays or busier times. I have a rental for November 8 also, and that rate is better than my October one.

We go to Disney every year at this time. i dont know why rates are so high. We leave the end of October for 10 days. The week before we go and the week after are much less $. I reluctantly used the iffy vroom code for Alamo for a full size. With that code and the insider rate, its $306 for 10 days. Not great but about $100 better than what i could get elsewhere. We have been insiders for years, but we still have to pay for the additional driver according to my reservation.

I'm holding two ressies right now at Thrifty with my. Blue Chip, Sanford.
There are three of us, a scooter and walker. Rates went nowhere but up!
Full $223
Minivan $233

Is there an advantage of holding both or a penalty?

I was wondering if I may have ability to get a med SUV instead when I get there, or just cancel the Full size? Could I end up with a cancellation fee if I don't cancel early enough?

I'm holding a Reservation for National for a minivan and a midsize thats aisle eligible the minivan resi says go directly to the area of the car class reserved,the aisle resi says counter. I need a minivan can I go check the aisle and if no minivans use the mini reservation or is there some penalty and what happens if I skip the counter with the aisle reservation will they make me take everything out of the van if there is one available or can I just let the family load the luggage while I go back inside? also is there anyway to make the aisle reservation say go directly to the aisle?

We go to Disney every year at this time. i dont know why rates are so high. We leave the end of October for 10 days. The week before we go and the week after are much less $. I reluctantly used the iffy vroom code for Alamo for a full size. With that code and the insider rate, its $306 for 10 days. Not great but about $100 better than what i could get elsewhere. We have been insiders for years, but we still have to pay for the additional driver according to my reservation.

Careful with that as it does require a international license. It also includes insurance which makes using it even more iffy, if you were to get past the booth agent and then get in a accident during the rental. IMHO saving $100 is not worth it.

I'm also curious, Alamo only allows one contract code per rental. How are you getting a reservation with both vroom and insiders codes active together? :confused:

I'm holding a Reservation for National for a minivan and a midsize thats aisle eligible the minivan resi says go directly to the area of the car class reserved,the aisle resi says counter. I need a minivan can I go check the aisle and if no minivans use the mini reservation or is there some penalty and what happens if I skip the counter with the aisle reservation will they make me take everything out of the van if there is one available or can I just let the family load the luggage while I go back inside? also is there anyway to make the aisle reservation say go directly to the aisle?

Is this MCO location? As long as your a member and made the reservation logged in you can go straight to the aisle.

If it is MCO, go the aisle first. If you find a mini on the aisle cancel the more expensive mini reserved reservation using National app or by calling in before you reach the booth. Also change your pickup time to a hour later if your going to use the app to cancel, otherwise it wont work. So if your flight lands at 3pm. Change the pickup on both rentals to 4pm.

I'm holding two ressies right now at Thrifty with my. Blue Chip, Sanford.
There are three of us, a scooter and walker. Rates went nowhere but up!
Full $223
Minivan $233

Is there an advantage of holding both or a penalty?

I was wondering if I may have ability to get a med SUV instead when I get there, or just cancel the Full size? Could I end up with a cancellation fee if I don't cancel early enough?

Thrifty does allow you to cancel without penalty. What exactly is a scooter? Where I live its a smaller version of a motorcycle in which case I would tell you just get the Minivan for the cargo space.

metro--300x300.jpg

But if its this..
pTRU1-4414935reg.jpg

A full size might suffice depending how much luggage you have

We just got here yesterday afternoon. Had a fcar reserved with Alamo (8 days) for $223. As we walked that way, we noticed the line was sooooo long. A man from E-Z rental saw us and said they'd match or beat our reservation if we didn't want to wait in that line. We ended up upgrading to a minivan for $331, taxes and additional driver included.

Momma2PrinceNPrinces said:
We just got here yesterday afternoon. Had a fcar reserved with Alamo (8 days) for $223. As we walked that way, we noticed the line was sooooo long. A man from E-Z rental saw us and said they'd match or beat our reservation if we didn't want to wait in that line. We ended up upgrading to a minivan for $331, taxes and additional driver included.

That's some fun pixie dust!

That's a $100 increase, unless it was worth it for the extra driver and room.

Yup a medical rental from like scooter-romma, and med places.

I gave up on rate drops, the mini van looks like my best option. I am thinking the full size would be a major hassle lifting it in and out.

So Thrifty, minivan $233 is my finial end rate. Blue Chip direct to pick up, no line, free one day next rental. I uses my AAA, the magic book code KISS2, along with an email I received for drop on minivan rate drop alert.

Nsw I'm testing out packing my Passat to even fit it in to get to the airport. I have to spend money to rent one.

Pick up our mini van today from Budget. Got a brand new 2015 with 130 miles on it. The biggest lineup was at Budget. All the rest were practically empty at 1:30 PM. The reason why I think is because Budget is so slow, too busy trying to talk you into stuff you don't need or want. It took us a good half hour for the agent to do the paperwork. :mad: If I have to use Budget again I'll sign up for fastbreak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter