October 2014 Car Rentals.

Just checked my dates on carrentalsavers.com and got a rental through budget for $129 for Oct. 9 - 14 out of Sanford. My best up to that point was $180 with National. A second driver is important to us this trip and with your AARP membership you get a free second driver with Budget. Feeling much better. I did check MouseSavers this morning and it does look like some of the coupons have been extended through November.

A little frustrated at the moment and I want to cry. Heading down with my sis and her family for 10 days (Oct 23 - Nov 2). 6 of us total so we have to have a van. Picking up in St Pete and returning at Sanford. Plan was to have a couple beach days before and after Disney. Anyway, the cheapest I can find right now is using my work discount for National and that is still $586 (includes taxes) Back in May I was searching through Expedia/hotwire/priceline and saw deals for like $250 and this was for a van. Granted I was looking out just a few weeks (end of May) and not for the dates I'm actually going to be there. Nothing I can do about it, but dang $300 is quite the difference. Here's to hoping I can find something MUCH cheaper later on.

A little frustrated at the moment and I want to cry. Heading down with my sis and her family for 10 days (Oct 23 - Nov 2). 6 of us total so we have to have a van. Picking up in St Pete and returning at Sanford. Plan was to have a couple beach days before and after Disney. Anyway, the cheapest I can find right now is using my work discount for National and that is still $586 (includes taxes) Back in May I was searching through Expedia/hotwire/priceline and saw deals for like $250 and this was for a van. Granted I was looking out just a few weeks (end of May) and not for the dates I'm actually going to be there. Nothing I can do about it, but dang $300 is quite the difference. Here's to hoping I can find something MUCH cheaper later on.

Its just too early. Keep checking - i think late September/early october will be your time !! I have friends looking ar Tampa for Nov 1 and they cant get lower than 900$ for a van for week without work discount. It will change.

cel_disney said:
Its just too early. Keep checking - i think late September/early october will be your time !! I have friends looking ar Tampa for Nov 1 and they cant get lower than 900$ for a van for week without work discount. It will change.

Really praying you are right. I mean I don't really have a choice considering we have flights and package booked, but dang $586 is about $300 more than I had budgeted.

This sounds funny, but try booking first thing in the morning for better rates.

I already posted this on the official minivan thread. Got an email from HOtwire this morning and they have dropped their rates to approx. $17/day on minivans for Sept dates. It also looks like that goes into at least the first week of Oct. I didn't check anything further. It looks like Alamo's rates are starting to come back down also but not as much as Hotwire.

I have a rate of $322 for a minivan for October 2-7. Is this good/bad? Seems a little high to me. I will try to read through the thread to see it there are codes I should look into.

I'm so annoyed!!! Alamo just informed me you cannot use online check in if you booked the reservation more than 30 days in advance. Is this true for all rental companies?

I have a rate of $322 for a minivan for October 2-7. Is this good/bad? Seems a little high to me. I will try to read through the thread to see it there are codes I should look into.

It does seem high but that is about what I am seeing other places. I am going the nest week on a Thursday through Tuesday and you really don't get the best rates for a 5 day rental. Keep checking.

I'm so annoyed!!! Alamo just informed me you cannot use online check in if you booked the reservation more than 30 days in advance. Is this true for all rental companies?
Alamo has automated kiosks (at least they have the past few years) that you can check-in on and there is usually no line. I was able to use one last year and even add my wife as an additional driver at the kiosk.

That doesn't sound right. I have reservations for late Oct/Nov, that I have done online check in on. Both were booked in July/Aug

That doesn't sound right. I have reservations for late Oct/Nov, that I have done online check in on. Both were booked in July/Aug

I know, I don't get it either. When I look at my res I have a banner at the top saying to modify my res I have to call an 888 #. I contacted alamo on Facebook to see if someone could give me another explanation and this time was told I couldn't use online check in because of the coupon I had on there. So he took it off, kept my price the same but still says no online check in?

If you are travelling towards the beginning of October, check Budget rates. Using the Costco codes, I was able to get a prepaid rate of $140 for an intermediate SUV from 09/30 to 10/07. I had a rate of $131 at Budget for a full size, but I'm willing to pay the extra $9 for the extra space. And prepaying is just one less expense to worry about down there, while freeing me from the multi day checking of the rates!

Good luck to all!

If you are travelling towards the beginning of October, check Budget rates. Using the Costco codes, I was able to get a prepaid rate of $140 for an intermediate SUV from 09/30 to 10/07.

Intermediate SUV from Budget seems to be the cheapest vehicle for your dates, I get $115 taxes incl. for a prepaid rate using the Costco code I list below or $129 for the non pre-pay rate
For Budget reservations starting before end of September, use Costco BCD W852875 and MUGZ061 for $40USD Off Weekly.
For October start dates try Costco BCD W852802 and MUGZ029 for $30USD Off Weekly

Intermediate SUV from Budget seems to be the cheapest vehicle for your dates, I get $115 taxes incl. for a prepaid rate using the Costco code I list below or $129 for the non pre-pay rate
For Budget reservations starting before end of September, use Costco BCD W852875 and MUGZ061 for $40USD Off Weekly.
For October start dates try Costco BCD W852802 and MUGZ029 for $30USD Off Weekly
Due to an early arrival and late departure, I have a single day tacked on as well, which is why I'm at $140, and I did use the first codes you listed.

Like I said, I checked all of the rental companies with all of the codes multiple times a day. I'm glad to have a rate I'm happy with and have one less thing to worry about leading up to our trip. I wish the same for everyone else in here. :moped:

I know, I don't get it either. When I look at my res I have a banner at the top saying to modify my res I have to call an 888 #. I contacted alamo on Facebook to see if someone could give me another explanation and this time was told I couldn't use online check in because of the coupon I had on there. So he took it off, kept my price the same but still says no online check in?

well, at least your rate reflects the coupon.

As they indicated, did you call their 888 number to ask 'why'? Yes, I did see you mentioned FB interaction but I'd suggest calling as they requested to get to the bottom of this.

curious, what corporate code and coupon did you utilize? It could be the corporate code is no longer accepted at MCO. If so, modifying it could trigger the lose of the original offer's rate.

anytime we have rented with Alamo the last year or so with a coupon, weren't able to sign in online...no biggie, easy to stop at the kiosk in the terminal. If you are adding an additional driver to the reservation that may be the trigger for a visit to the kiosk to input DL info.

Ugh! Trying to get a decent rate on a minivan for my sister and her family. dates are 10/22-10/28. Oh my goodness it's expensive!

Ugh! Trying to get a decent rate on a minivan for my sister and her family. dates are 10/22-10/28. Oh my goodness it's expensive!

Try carrentalsavers.com. They are showing a minivan through payless for $270 out of MCO. They are off site, but have a shuttle.

Try carrentalsavers.com. They are showing a minivan through payless for $270 out of MCO. They are off site, but have a shuttle.

my only worry is about the shuttle. They will have 6 people, a stroller and a carseat. Lugging all that on a shuttle will be a bit much for them, I think. Plus, I don't know anything about payless. any thoughts? I use carrentalsavers all the time, great site! Just not helping me much this time!! :) Thanks for the response.

any one ever use the name your price feature on priceline? i just feel there has to be hidden charges or something because ime seeing accepted prices of 12-14 dollars for a economy car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter