October 19th Cruisers again and again... Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barb and Sally- I am so sorry to hear about what is going on. As a congregation, if you stay strong, you will get through it...it will just take time. Friends and family are key right now to help you along the way...let us know how we can help. :grouphug:

I just heard from Barb and she wanted me to pass this along:

Please let eveyone know I am not ok now but I will be. I will be back soon and I love them.

Barb

Denine, that is so sad about your friend. I can't imagine their poor daughter without a "real" mother figure. Ted and I voted absentee so we are done. It took a very long time to get through the ballot. It was nice doing it from home.

Sally, better get to packing or the ship will leave without you!

Stacey, let me know what time on Wednesday. Oh by the way, we don't get the trailer until Friday the 17th. Why so long???

I heard from Heidi and she seems to be doing great. In fact, last night they went to Hooters for dinner and then did a little gambling. Must be rough! lol

I did some Christmas shopping but didn't come home with anything.

Sandy: I know we can all vote absentee now without an excuse (first time), but I like going to the poll if I am able. It is a rainy day. I wonder who that will favor?

We made a house from a box today in school. It is cute. Kaleigh will finish decorating it tomorrow. Looking ahead, we will be doing a lot of crafts. We do a whole bunch of lessons on Native Americans and will do a lot of crafts related to that.

Kaleigh can try the patience of Mother Theresa! She just doesn't listen/pay attention. She is too busy. I can't imagine her in a traditional classroom. We were doing memory games today. She could have done much better if she really listened.

Barb: :grouphug:

Sounds like Heidi is enjoying this business trip.

I miss our regular posters. I wonder where Julie is? I haven't even had a chance to call her.

Dick and I went to the mall and walked for the first time since he got sick...he did pretty good...he walked 3/4 mile and I walked a little over a mile. I would have gone longer but didn't want to make him wait on me.

Then we went to Walmart and walked a little more....got to get in shape for Hawaii.....doing curves again.

It is beautiful out today....suppose to be in the 70's for the next few days. I am going to Archivers tomorrow all day so will have to wait until Thursday to work outside.

We did the absentee votes a few weeks ago....for us it is a great way to vote. Sure hope the gay vote goes down in flames!!

jiminyC_fan said:
Stacey, let me know what time on Wednesday. Oh by the way, we don't get the trailer until Friday the 17th. Why so long???

Dinner will be ready at 5:00, nothing special. Our appt. is at 7:00 so we will leave probably a little after 6:30, it shouldn't take long since it is a clinic. Remember to bring the brochure so we can check out the trailer!! Why so long...I don't know... they might be behind since now is when they put all the 06's on sale.

Got to go. My daughter is screaming at me...she won't nap, she hasn't slept good in over two days. I can't wait for this bug to be over with. We have been up since 5. My neighbor is a nurse and she gave me some benadryl to try...hopefully Joey will sleep, her cough is keeping her up. Good luck to me!

Denine, I tried calling Julie earlier today and couldn't even leave a message. It is beginning to worry me. I hope everything is ok with her. Denine, the home school program must list what and when to teach and also give craft ideas. That's cool.

Sally, it does feel good to have the vote done. I remember the days of the long lines. I think this will be one like that because of all the amendments and referendums. Most people don't bring a sample ballot filled out so they can vote fast. Wow, Dick did very well with the walking. 3/4 of a mile is excellent!

Stacey, how did the gatorade work? I will try very hard to remember to bring the brochure for the trailer. Do you want me to bring anything for dinner?

Hi Everyone
Just checking in to let you know I am doing better. My emotions have been on a rollar coaster this past week. I spent Thursday in denial & Friday trying to accept the drug part. Saturday night all New Life members got an email letting us know that Ted had admitted the worst and he had been dismissed. We went to church on Sunday and cried as his letter was read. He was very sincere. I spend Sunday afternoon trying to digest everything and be strong for all my Missionette girls. Our church is grieving. Ted is part of our family and we all love him so much. He has an wonderful wife and family. He had an incredible ministy for over 20 years. His ministry was not a lie. He touched so many lives and made a difference. It has been so difficult on our church family to see him fall and wondering if we let him down somehow. Monday was my day of weeping. I cried all the way to work, hardly spoke to anyone and cried in between every call. Yesterday I got an email from one of my best friends that I have known since high school. She told me she has cancer and does not think she will do anything about it because she does not want to go through chemo and she will probably die anyway. I covered up my broken heart with joking and laughing and just being obnoxious. I am feeling ashamed of myself now. I ripped apart a customer service person that was very rude and not answering my questions. That gives me no excuse for not treating her like she has value. I am trying to get back on track today. I really appreciate all of you and want to thank you for all the hugs. You guys are so awesome and I don't know what I would do without you. You have been supportive and compassionate and I count myself blessed to have each one of you in my life.

Barb: Don't know what to say, just more :grouphug:

Sandy: Yes, the teacher's manual tells me everything!

Voted last night. It took 2 hours! Most everyone we voted for lost. At least we will have a smoke-free Ohio!

Sally: Good for Dick!

Gotta go.

Julie: You had better start posting!

Still no Julie??

Barb, good to hear that you are healing. It must have been a horrible blow to hear about your friend. I feel so bad for her. She is so young. You know when I was down and out and feeling blue last year going through all the deaths, I kept feeling that it could be worse. You hear about horrible things and it helps you through your ordeal. Same thing when Stacey was diagnosed with epilepsy (she has since been seizure free) I felt so horrible and thought I/she had it so bad. Then you look around and see someone else worse off than you. My pity party had to end knowing there were other people in worse circumstances. Don't get me wrong, I still had those days but I had to keep reminding myself.

Spent an hour or so with Stacey and babies today at Walmart. Joey is beginning to feel better but now poor old Tyler has it. Tonight Ted and I babysit for them while Stacey and Richard run out for their flu shot. We even get dinner out of it.

Sally, did I miss Bachelor this week?

And..........
WELCOME HOME HEIDI! For a day and a half anyway! Wish I was YOU!

Just checking in really quickly...trying to get some last minute studying done before my test tomorrow. I really hope I pass it this time. Wish me luck!!

Poor Tyler...he definitely doesn't feel very good. He is on the same path as Joey so far so at least this time we know what to expect. It will be a long week/weekend for my family. Can't wait till they are better and are back to my happy babies!

Thanks for coming over mom and watching Joey and Tyler. I was so worried that Tyler would give Dad a hard time...I am so glad he didn't. I am sure it probably helped that we snuck out. Hopefully next time Dad gets to play with them they will be feeling better.

GTG. Time to try and sleep. Both kids are drugged up so hopefully they can get a good night sleep...oh yeah, me too!!! I'll check in on Friday!!

Welcome back Heidi...bye Heidi!!! Have fun in Disneyland!!

Stacey: Good luck on your test. Hope the babies feel better soon.

Enjoy your trip to Disneyland Heidi!

A nice day today. I even have some windows open. Yesterday it was foggy all day.

I am having my own pity party. It is not earth shattering in any way. My wine tasting party is next Saturday and not one person has replied back. I thought this would be fun, but I guess I am the only one. I don't know if I should cancel the party or wait longer. Jessica needs a head count by next Thursday and so far I have 2 people; me and Jerry. I should have know better than to try this. I know the invitations were sent out this past weekend.

I work tomorrow.

I am still waiting to find out when I get my next injection.

Denine, I would come so you would have 3.

I was going to work outside today but I am so sore from all the bending and kneeling I did yesterday I think I will stay inside and work on a dress I am making for my great grandaughter...it is a candy cane pattern so she can have it for school this Christmas season.....

Mickey02'sMom said:
Denine, I would come so you would have 3.

I was going to work outside today but I am so sore from all the bending and kneeling I did yesterday I think I will stay inside and work on a dress I am making for my great grandaughter...it is a candy cane pattern so she can have it for school this Christmas season.....

You would go to Denine's wine party but will not come to my Pampered Chef party? What is up with that!

Gosh Denine. That is a hard call. The party sounds like so much fun. I would have gone that is for sure! Let us know what you decide. We had a wonderful day yesterday. The high was 82. Now today is a different story. It was to get to 62 but I don't see it coming. It is cloudy, foggy and cold. No sun yet. Have you talked to Julie yet? If I have time before I pick up Graci at preschool, I will give her a call.

Stacey, lots of pixie dust your way. Hope the test goes ok and the babies get well soon.

Barb, I was hoping that Sally would go to your party. I wanted the girls to meet her.

Sally, I would love to get in the mood to start sewing again now that I have grandbabies!!

I need some help. Anyone know where I could find a microfiber TOWEL? I was watching Rachel Ray and they were addressing curly hair. They HIGHLY recommend getting one. I have tried Dillards, Target and a fabric store. Now where? I guess I will google it and see if I come up with anything.

Never mind about the micro fiber towel. I just got back from Ulta and bought one. Stacey, I will let you know what I think. In fact, you could borrow mine to see if you like it.

:cool1: :banana: WOO HOO !!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

I just got a phone message from Best Buy. :woohoo: They said that we can get a new computer!!! In a way I was hoping for a check but at least we get a NEW computer. They said to hurry in. I am so excited. That still doesn't restore my faith in them. It took a second drop to get this final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter