October 18, 2008- Living Large on the Western!

My boys will have suits. They need them for cotillion, so they have them already. They're just thankful that they won't be expected to waltz or do the fox trot in them!:dance3: For semi-formal, I will probably just have them wear the suit again, without the jacket (less to pack!).

The girls, of course, are thrilled to be getting dressed up!

I really don't like to dress up.Guess I'll wear a suit though.

Look out for my Genie vest on semi-formal night.:banana:

rich

Hi Everyone....just wanted to let anyone who might be interested know that I just found an Elizabeth Swan costume at the Disney Outlet store online at a really reduced price! This in the one with the long fancy dress. It normally retails for $79.99 and is currently at $29.99 but the only size they had left was a large. I am normally a medium so I'm hoping I can tweak it here and there and get it to work.....much easier than trying to sew the whole outfit! Just thought I would share in case anyone else was interested. They also had some kids Jack sparrow and Elizabeth swan outfits as well, but they weren't the right sizes for my girls. And an adult Captain Hook. All on sale!

Well one person we all will be able to spot. RICH. Cant wait to see your shirt. We hardly ever go out and really enjoyed getting dressed at night. I loved to see the kids dressed up(Erica you trouble maker lol) deanna what cotillion? I am probably being dense and or scottish!Oh and nosey of course.:confused3

Well one person we all will be able to spot. RICH. Cant wait to see your shirt. We hardly ever go out and really enjoyed getting dressed at night. I loved to see the kids dressed up(Erica you trouble maker lol) deanna what cotillion? I am probably being dense and or scottish!Oh and nosey of course.:confused3

Maybe they don't have cotillion everywhere:confused3 . I grew up in the south, and lots of kids did cotillion, but in the north it seems many have not heard of it. It is a social ettiquette and dance program. Every Saturday evening for 5 weeks the kids get very dressed up (suits for the boys, party dresses and white gloves for the girls) and learn basic dance steps, manners and social skills. The girls usually love it (they really feel like princesses), and the boys usually hate it. It is a great program, especially for the boys, since they are taught to show proper respect to the young ladies.

Don't tell any of your boys, though, because if they post something about it on the kid's board my oldest son will kill me in my sleep!:scared:

Erica, What a thread you started!! I didn't know some people get all het up about what others wear. I like the idea about khakis and shirt & tie. I MIGHT get Cal a jacket for formal night, but it all depends. I don't have any really fancy wear, but I guess I can splurge, just this once.

Oh, and my Passporter came Monday!! I am still reading.

I just booked this cruise as a surprise for my mom. She will be turning 82 just after this cruise, so it's an early birthday present. This will be our first cruise. How about that!

I look forward to meeting everyone. pirate:

I just booked this cruise as a surprise for my mom. She will be turning 82 just after this cruise, so it's an early birthday present. This will be our first cruise. How about that!

Woo hoo, another cruiser living large on the Western!! Very good to meet you, ronnieH! :goodvibes What a nice birthday present. What's your plan for springing the surprise on her?

Hey cruisers,

I wondered if anyone who is "main dining" wants to link our reservations for dining. Linda and I have already worked out sitting together, so that Cal and Max will have pals to chat with.

I don't think they'll necessarily put us all at the same table, but we could be in the same vecinity, and the same rotation- might be fun! PM me if you are interested!

:

Welcome RonnieH. How neat, Your Mom will love it! (as will you!) My mom is in her 80's as well, and has never cruised. This is my third time and she is always jealous when we go. However her health is failing and she is almost completely blind from glaucoma, so I really don't think cruising would work for her otherwise I might snatch your idea!

Hey cruisers,

I wondered if anyone who is "main dining" wants to link our reservations for dining. Linda and I have already worked out sitting together, so that Cal and Max will have pals to chat with.

I don't think they'll necessarily put us all at the same table, but we could be in the same vecinity, and the same rotation- might be fun! PM me if you are interested!

Hi Erica.
We have main dining also. I will check with the family and see what they think. We have always sat by ourselves before, so I am not sure how it works. I will pm you if they decide they'd like to try something new. I'm up for it....but I wouldn't count on the rest of my crew!:rolleyes1

Hi RonnieH, Glad you are going to be joining us. I am cruising with my grandson, but he will probably spend all his time in the kids clubs. So, basically I am traveling alone. :) Is this your first cruise? Or just your first cruise with your mom?

How is everyone else doing? Well, I hope.

That will be a great surprise, I am hopeless at keeping surprises, I just get so excited, today I gave Len his birthday pressy 3 days early because I was so excited to give it to him! Pathetic. I definatly could NEVER keep a secret like that, so good for you, We have the weeks laminated on our bedroom unit and a picture of the magic laminated at the top, every week we take a week off, today it says 27 weeks till we go to Florida, that doesnt really sound that long. Does it?:rotfl: :lmao: :cool1: ;) :) :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cheer2:

That reminds me I have not looked at the kids thread for weeks.

And, a happy birthday to Len. Anybody else have a birthday coming up?
Only 27 weeks?! That sounds like just around the corner. I'd better get to packing.

Hi all!
Well we are back from the Caribbean! Had a marvellous cruise - very different from Disney but we knew that. Actually had the Staff Captain dine with us which was great fun. Cannot believe how cold it is here!

Hey cruisers,

Sorry, we are second seating. Is anyone organizing a meet sometime on the cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter