October 17th, 2023 - 4 Night Halloween on the High Seas Cruise from New York (Canada)

Hi Everyone,
This is our first Disney Cruise and our daughters first Disney trip. We have plans to take her to Disney World for her 3rd birthday, but after watching how excited she gets when she watches the Sail Away Party on YouTube, we just couldn't wait that long for her to meet Mickey & The Gang. So off we go to Canada :-)
If anyone has traveled with a 22 month old on one of these cruises I'll take any advice you have on things we shouldn't miss or even what to bring.
Looking forward to having a great vacation with you all,
Jess

I'd also love to be apart of the FE Group,
DisOhana21
State Room# 8178
We are celebrating my 40th, Our 10th Anniversary & Our 1st Family Disney trip
ME - Loves: Cinderella, Mary Poppins and Disney Snacks
DH - Loves: Ratatouille & EPCOT
DD (22 months) - Loves: Books, Music & Plush, Pluto, Goofy, Minnie, Olaf, Moana, Encanto & Golden Girls (its not Disney but it's a favorite)

Welcome! :grouphug:

You have been added to our Fish Exchange. :thumbsup2

DS is 13yrs old now but his first sailing he was 20 months old when we sailed on the Dream. His favorite place was the finding Nemo splash pad but since we are on a Canadian sailing not sure how you feel about water play this trip. The soft serve banana ice cream up on deck was a must stop for him after his splash pad time. We did booked the princess meet & greet which was a big hit. He loved all the attention he got from the princesses and made for plenty of great photos so be sure to purchase a photo package. We brought our own pack and play from home for him to sleep in. We had a larger square sized one that is bigger then the standard they offer on the ship. If you plan to use a ship pack and play consider bringing extra padding for it as they can be hard to sleep on, at least they were back then. Take advantage of the open house hours at the kids club so she can run around and explore. We did use the nursery one day for a few hours and he seemed to enjoy his time there. I do believe they offer a diaper genie you can use in your stateroom so make sure you ask your stateroom host about it when they introduce themselves on the first day. It was so long ago now it is hard to remember everything but if you have any question please feel free to ask and I’ll try and think back. :goodvibes

IMG_0579.jpeg
Silhouette photo of DH & DS in a porthole.

Last edited:
Golden Girls (its not Disney but it's a favorite)
Actually, Golden Girls IS Disney - it was produced by one of the Disney subsidiaries, and many years ago, when the Streets of America were still part of the Backlot Tour at DHS, the exterior of "the Golden Girls' house" was always one of the highlights pointed out by the guide.

Last edited:

You have been added to our Fish Exchange. :thumbsup2

DS is 13yrs old now but his first sailing he was 20 months old when we sailed on the Dream. His favorite place was the finding Nemo splash pad but since we are on a Canadian sailing not sure how you feel about water play this trip. The soft serve banana ice cream up on deck was a must stop for him after his splash pad time. We did booked the princess meet & greet which was a big hit. He loved all the attention he got from the princesses and made for plenty of great photos so be sure to purchase a photo package. We brought our own pack and play from home for him to sleep in. We had a larger square sized one that is bigger then the standard they offer on the ship. If you plan to use a ship pack and play consider bringing extra padding for it as they can be hard to sleep on, at least they were back then. Take advantage of the open house hours at the kids club so she can run around and explore. We did use the nursery one day for a few hours and he seemed to enjoy his time there. It was so long ago now it is hard to remember everything but if you have any question please feel free to ask and I’ll try and think back. :goodvibes

View attachment 769094
Silhouette photo of DH & DS in a porthole.
Wow! Thank you so much, this is great! I didn't know I could bring my own pack n play, definitely something to think about. I wasn't sure if the splash pad would be open since we are headed north, but she would LOVE that so I'm going to hope for one of our crazy NJ/NY summer days in fall LOL. I'll be booking the princess meet and greet for sure now, she loves all characters (hugs every one of them) so I'll make sure to get the photo package if you think its worth it.
I did forget to ask if she'll need a Halloween costume for anything or is she too young?
Thanks again!

Actually, Golden Girls IS Disney - it was produced by one of the Disney subsidiaries, and many years ago, when the Streets of America were still part of the Backlot Tour at DHS, the exterior of "the Golden Girls' house" was always one of the highlights pointed out by the guide.
Wow I had no idea, that's awesome. I guess my daughter is 100% a Disney Kid :). Thank you for the info.

Wow! Thank you so much, this is great! I didn't know I could bring my own pack n play, definitely something to think about. I wasn't sure if the splash pad would be open since we are headed north, but she would LOVE that so I'm going to hope for one of our crazy NJ/NY summer days in fall LOL. I'll be booking the princess meet and greet for sure now, she loves all characters (hugs every one of them) so I'll make sure to get the photo package if you think its worth it.
I did forget to ask if she'll need a Halloween costume for anything or is she too young?
Thanks again!
Since this will be her first Disney trip I would recommend the photo package and take as many photos as they offered. We sure did. I added in my post that they offered a diaper genie for your stateroom just ask your stateroom host for one. We dressed up in a simple family costume for our Halloween day. We did Toy Story with DS as Woody (woody costume t-shirt), DH as Buzz (Buzz costume t-shirt) and myself as Jessie (hair in ponytail, white shirt, red bandana, blue jeans and cow print chaps). We took family photos in costume with the different backdrops they offer in the atrium. They offer different backdrops each night to take photos in front of. We also wore pirate shirts we brought for pirate night and got photos also. Lots of photo opportunities on the ship. Just make sure you arrive early to line up for them cause the lines do get long sometimes. Later in the cruise lines do die down for characters since most people get them all done at the start of the cruise.

Since this will be her first Disney trip I would recommend the photo package and take as many photos as they offered. We sure did. I added in my post that they offered a diaper genie for your stateroom just ask your stateroom host for one. We dressed up in a simple family costume for our Halloween day. We did Toy Story with DS as Woody (woody costume t-shirt), DH as Buzz (Buzz costume t-shirt) and myself as Jessie (hair in ponytail, white shirt, red bandana, blue jeans and cow print chaps). We took family photos in costume with the different backdrops they offer in the atrium. They offer different backdrops each night to take photos in front of. We also wore pirate shirts we brought for pirate night and got photos also. Lots of photo opportunities on the ship. Just make sure you arrive early to line up for them cause the lines do get long sometimes. Later in the cruise lines do die down for characters since most people get them all done at the start of the cruise.
I can't thank you enough for all of your info. This is going to make my life so much easier and our trip even more special!

Hey there! First time going to NYC and Canada. Really excited for this cruise. Back on the Dream 😊 Haven’t done a Halloween cruise so really excited to experience all the festivities. Got Palo brunch reserved! Looking forward to any tips about the Port in Canada and fun things to do there.

Hey there! First time going to NYC and Canada. Really excited for this cruise. Back on the Dream 😊 Haven’t done a Halloween cruise so really excited to experience all the festivities. Got Palo brunch reserved! Looking forward to any tips about the Port in Canada and fun things to do there.

Disney‘s Halloween On The High Seas video to get you even more excited for our cruise. :goodvibes

IMG_2209.jpeg

:surfweb: Reminder to those who are sailing as a Gold Castaway Club member you can prebook your onboard activities and shore excursions starting at Midnight tonight!

I added some new info recently and made some minor changes to the information postings on the first page. Be sure to check occasionally to see if anything new has been added or updated as I won’t always post about updates.

Thanks for all the great information! Anyone bringing rubber ducks? It’s so fun finding them! And hiding them😄

Hi! Migrating here from the Facebook group. I would love to join the fish extender but I don't have my room number yet

Hi! Migrating here from the Facebook group. I would love to join the fish extender but I don't have my room number yet

Welcome! :wave2: Just post your info and I‘ll get you added. :goodvibes

Please post the following to participate in Fish Exchange -
DISer name
Stateroom # (TBD - if you don’t have a # yet)
List stateroom guests (Kids ages time of cruise)
Please use abbreviations - DH, DW, DS, DD, SIL, MIL, etc…
List favorite interests or characters (Optional)

I found this interesting and had to share. Disney Cruise Line posted a poll on Instagram 7hrs ago looking to see how many sailings people have done and these were the results. Seems most people are Silver Castaway members with 1-5 sailings. My family is currently Gold with 8 sailings.

IMG_0719.png

Welcome! :wave2: Just post your info and I‘ll get you added. :goodvibes

Please post the following to participate in Fish Exchange -
DISer name
Stateroom # (TBD - if you don’t have a # yet)
List stateroom guests (Kids ages time of cruise)
Please use abbreviations - DH, DW, DS, DD, SIL, MIL, etc…
List favorite interests or characters (Optional)
Loonyluna
GTY TBD
Me (34) Loves Aladdin, 101 Dalmatians, and Harry Potter
Mom (Adult) Loves Winnie the Pooh and all things Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter