• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 16th actual 100th Anniversary - anything special planned?

thenicefamily

Mouseketeer
I've just found out (via a YouTube blogger) that October 16th, 2023, is the actual 100th Anniversary date of the creation of the Disney company. i know the 100th celebrations are ongoing for at least the rest of 2023 but, does anyone know if there's anything extra-special planned for that one, specific 100th Anniversary date?

Following along…

I went to Mk on Oct 1st and felt disappointed for the day, although it was always clear that celebration was 18ms long I still expected something else that day..

As DL is somewhat more cautious on traditions and Walt’s memory… is it reasonable to expect something special for the day?

I’m also waiting for some announcement. I book my hotel for those dates wondering a special celebration will happen at Disneyland. I was also at MK on October 1st for the 50th and was a disappointment day but the energy of all the guests make it special.

I already booked last week a reservation for the Disneyland Park for October 16th. Just checked and surprised that reservations aren't sold out. I suspect that they will be once something is announced. Should be better than Disney World's 50th when you-know-who was in charge.

Does anyone know when the 100th-anniversary celebration actually ends? Thanks!

Does anyone know when the 100th-anniversary celebration actually ends? Thanks!

No set end date yet. Disney Parks generally like to celebrate for roughly 18 months, so speculation is that the 100th anniversary stuff will come down summer 2024 sometime. (And 2025 will be the 70th anniversary of Disneyland, so there's always something to celebrate.)

I already booked last week a reservation for the Disneyland Park for October 16th. Just checked and surprised that reservations aren't sold out. I suspect that they will be once something is announced. Should be better than Disney World's 50th when you-know-who was in charge.
I thought that reservations were possible only 60d out.. will try to book one
Tks

Any updates? I have a reservation at Walt Disney World but I'm considering cancelling it. If they are just going to hand me a poster on the way out of the park I'm going to skip it!

No update. The Disneyland Park Calendar lists the regular parade and fireworks through October 15th, but nothing yet for the 16th. Hopefully this means that at least at Disneyland, something special will happen. In the past, they've given out anniversary ears and had special souvenirs. I wouldn't be surprised if they had at least some rare characters out that day. Hopefully a special parade and nighttime show.

Oh neat! We have a reservation at Disneyland for the 16th, so I'll be curious to see if anything happens. Since it's not a park anniversary, I definitely don't think it's advertised as much. And that's evident in the fact the there aren't currently any sold out days in October.

Perhaps it will be Disney+ Day :idea:

Prior events were November 12, 2021 and September 8, 2022

D23 originally scheduled their 100 anniversary gala at the Burbank studios on Oct 16, but changed it to Oct 15. That makes me think that there will be something at DLR on the 16th.

D23 originally scheduled their 100 anniversary gala at the Burbank studios on Oct 16, but changed it to Oct 15. That makes me think that there will be something at DLR on the 16th.
That's also my thinking. The Disneyland Calendar is not listing the regular parade or nighttime show for the 16th, which could mean that something special will be done that day. Hopefully its not a bust like the 50th anniversary date of Disney World park.

According to Disneyland News Today, Disney 100 decorations are starting to be removed from Sleeping Beauty's castle.

I am here in Disneyland now and I sure hope they do something for 10/16! Its my birthday too and I made a special trip here to celebrate the 100th, but it seems like Disney ended it early here and all the special plans for 10/16/23 are in Disneyland Paris. Makes no sense to me why they wouldn’t do something special in the oldest park around, the only one that Walt actually stepped foot in.

The plans for Disneyland Paris does sound awesome though, I wish I was there!

Still holding out hope that maybe the reason no parade is listed for 10/16 is they are going to surprise us with something.

Last edited:
I am here in Disneyland now and I sure hope they do something for 10/16! Its my birthday too and I made a special trip here to celebrate the 100th, but it seems like Disney ended it early here and all the special plans for 10/16/23 are in Disneyland Paris. Makes no sense to me why they wouldn’t do something special in the oldest park around, the only one that Walt actually stepped foot in.
That is very strange. Even though this is the anniversary of the company and not the parks, with no public access to the company's campus (except for occasional tours), Disneyland is the iconic "face" of TWDC, so you would think they'd be marking the occasion there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter