October 14-19

beej210

Earning My Ears
Planning a trip to Disney on October 14-19 (Sunday-Friday). Here's my question.... all the crowd calendars say to avoid Sunday and Monday. So we'll skip those days. Tuesday and Wednesday we're going to the parks. Thursday starts the Utah migration to Disney.

We wanted to spend a 3rd day in the park. So what's the best of the worst? Should we do Sunday, Monday, or Utah Thursday or Friday?

Any help would be appreciated.

It’s all going to depend, there’s never a clear answer. We are going that week and you have to factor in the Mickey Halloween Party (MHP). On those nights they will close DL early. I’m going on Tuesday to MHP so DL will close at 6. For that reason a lot of people will avoid doing that day and paying for expensive tickets only to get kicked out early. You will have the same dilemma on your Friday. Do you want to pay for tickets and get less time out of it? Also how important are fireworks and shows? Fireworks are usually just on Fri-Sun. Fantasmic is about Friday through Monday. If you weren’t aware of MHP you might want to consider how it will affect your plans or if you would want to go. Tuesday was still available when I bought this week. We went last year and it was a great experience but it’s pricey. I had a hard time making up my mind. If you are there during MHP keep in mind the crowds get kicked out of DL go to DCA and DTD. You might want to consider reservations if you won’t be there. We did Goofy’s last year on the night of MHP during our trip that we didn’t go.

Thanks mama. I think we are going to skip the MHP.... we have a 5 year old girl who's a bid timid and think it's probably a waste. I'm fine going to the park on Tuesday and getting kicked out early because there's only so many hours we can take before everyone's exhausted. I got a 3 day ticket so we didn't have to spend full days/nights in the park. We definitely want to see Fantasmic, but I believe that's offered on Wednesday night too. I would like to see Fireworks but don't want to plan around it.

Really, I'm looking for advice on crowd levels and which days would be better.

I agree that there really isn't a very clear answer to whether Sunday, Monday, Thursday, or Friday would be better.

From what I can tell, the operating hours looks to be almost the same for Sun, Mon, and Thu (8 to midnight in DL and 8 to 10 (or 9) in DCA). So that's probably not going to be a deciding factor.

Fantasmic: At this point, it looks like it's being presented on Sunday and Monday when you'll be there. It won't be presented on Friday (because of MHP). It was briefly showing on the schedule for the weekdays, but it's been removed, so the only days for "sure" are Sun and Mon (based on when dining packages are available). So if seeing F! is important, you'll need to go with Sun or Mon.

Fireworks: Typically, DL only presents fireworks on the weekends and at MHP. So there will be fireworks on Tue and Fri (during MHP, but you can see them from outside park, but you won't hear the music or see the in-park elements). Outside of that, Sunday is probably the only other day when fireworks will be presented while you're there.

MHP: There are MHPs on Tue and Fri. The parties are a lot of fun, but they are an extra cost. DL will close at 6:00 pm on Tue and at 7:00 pm on Fri. There will be a noticeable increase in crowds in DCA after the party starts.

Crowds: It's hard to say what crowds will be like because HalloweenTime is very popular. My guess (and it's just a guess) is that Thursday will probably have the lowest crowds. Sunday will be crowded because it's a HalloweenTime weekend day, Monday seems to have gotten busier of late, and Fridays are leading into the weekend (morning might not be too bad).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter