Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

I GOT MY DOCS TODAY!!!

It was a surprise when my TA called and said they were ready to pick up. My old TA always mailed them, so I wasn't even looking for them. This is a new (lazy) TA, but in this case I was all too happy to do his work for him. :rotfl:
All it says about Halloween is that there will be trick-or-treating, costume contests and fun activities in the Navigators. It also included a brochure to purchase Halloween gifts.
Now it's official! I can get excited for this cruise!
Have a great day everyone.

OMG...this is torture reading that all of you keep getting your documents...just went to the mailbox but it didnt come today:mad:
Thats so cool about Halloween except now that we have to consider packing another costume..oh goodness.

I was just reading another thread and it had a way to see when your cruise documents had been mailed.

Go to www.ups.com

When it takes you to the tracking page, click on the "more options" next to the TRACK button.

Click on track by reference. Type in your cruise confirmation number as the reference number. Choose United States and your zip code.

I found my documents! They are in Kentucky! The estimated delivery date is not until Monday!! :sad1:

I just managed to track my cruise documents and they arrived in the UK today. They are currently at an airport near London and they are coming via Fedex and not UPS, so I am good.

Could I ask someone a big favour. Once the announcement about the 2011 itineraries has been made, could somebody please PM me the dates for the Wonder Repo. PMs are sent to my email account which I can access through my iPhone. If I can't find out the dates until Monday, I will burst.

Corinna

I was just reading another thread and it had a way to see when your cruise documents had been mailed.

Go to www.ups.com

When it takes you to the tracking page, click on the "more options" next to the TRACK button.

Click on track by reference. Type in your cruise confirmation number as the reference number. Choose United States and your zip code.

I found my documents! They are in Kentucky! The estimated delivery date is not until Monday!! :sad1:

Thank you so much for that information...it worked...my documents are in South Carolina and are scheduled to be here on Monday as well:mad:
Oh well at least we know...

wow...the "tracking by reference" on UPS is very cool! My docs are going to arrive tomorrow!!!!!!!

Hey thanks so much for the information!!!!!! My DH and I checked the UPS website and unfortunately we're waiting til Monday as well. Boo Hoo. :sad1: Oh well. At least now we know. Again, thanks for the info! :)

Thank you all for your kind :lovestrucwords......long day at work today:eek:. I was a bit ticked! :headache: I sometimes hate working with women cause they can be petty. The funeral home called my cell and of course I answered and someone taddled on me for doing so....I am like are u serious? I could have took my 3 days breavment instead of coming to work. I mean if who-ever said something was doing her job then she wouldn't have noticed me cause I am in an office with only 4 of us and only 2 of us worked today!! OK just had to vent......let's just say I WON'T be a pleasant person tomorrow.....pretty much go in and not talk.

Ok so thanks for the advice about tracking....DID it and I too won't get mine till MONDAY.... Mine were in Jacksonville this morning. Arrrrggghhhh!! :scared1: Owell at least I know they are on their way! :rolleyes1 So I don't count today or the 30th cause we go to detroit that day to stay by the airport and that means my vacation literally begins...SOOOOO I only have 19 days and I leave!!!!!! :dance3: WOW under 20 sounds so much better!
Need to go get Nelia some tennis shoes for school....toes are at the end!!!
She is growing .....wow!

I feel slighted about the CC party but don't care...might have went might not....we went last yr and Sydney won a cool clock engraved with CC onit. But more so I feel like they are saying well u were good enough and now u're not....but whatever won't matter !!

Well off to get the kids to bed and then over to mom's to see my Aunt who flew her from florida for the funeral........and who says shes freezing...LOL

TTFN

Ok i talked to a DCL TA and she said that she thinks those 2011 dates will first be offered to those who have continously cruise with Disney for the last 10 yrs. But that she's 95% sure the 2011 intineries will be offered on our cruise. Cool....hope I can book!!! I guess we'll see! Well someone posts everything we need to know...I think Tess is watching it so TESS it's all u girlfriend!! =)

not sure if i posted this already, but we got our cabins assigned as 6100 and 6102...

so we are:
me, Cathi
DH, Jeff
DD, Alassia,9
DS, Zachary,7 (autism spectrum, multiple food allergies)
DD, Victoria, just turning 5 (this is her birthday present.....nice, huh?) wish someone would take me on a cruise for my birthday!

we are flying in fri night before the cruise and we are going to WDW for 1 night after the cruise, staying at AKV, Kidiani, 1br savannah view. got everything don- including DING fares (from Islip, NY)- except where to stay the night before the cruise and budget is soldout of minivans at capecanaveral on 10/10 :confused:

just got to pack and....wow i still have alot to do!

Cathi....have had that info on the web page already....no one should be asking for that info cause it's all available on the web page.

Good Luck ---we got a car rental for Oct 10th and van for the 3rd. Well again I am finally off to my mom's...LOL

Hey we got our docs just now from UPS. There is a whole sheet about the trick or treating and the costume contest. The month of October Disney Cruise is celebrating Halloween there will all sorts of Halloween activites. They are requesting that we all get into the Halloween spirit and bring costumes. We are all so excited!!! Woo hoo!!!
I hope know one else has already reported all this, I have not had time to ready the post today and I was so excited I just wanted everyone to know!!!

Carol

You guys in other states forget we can't talk on our cell phones while driving here in California--Sheesh! Nobody worry, I called Laura right back and told her my docs are coming tomorrow too! :cool1: Now I can roll up my sleeping bag since I don't have to camp out by the front door anymore. :laughing: I checked Terri's (Minfan55) and hers aren't coming until Monday either. I told her she could come over and read mine. :hug:
Well, tomorrow is the 9/11 memorial at the girls school (always gets my tear ducts working since I was supposed to be working flight 93 on September 12th, and I knew a few of the flight attendants on that flight) then as if I wont be emotional enough from that, I have to take one of our cats to be put to sleep.:sad1: So I will be in great need of a "pick me up" by tomorrow afternoon. I also have to schedule Ashleys driving lesson and permit test and we have a pot luck to go to tomorrow night and I have to figure out what to cook for that. Hmmm, I hope I can find time to even open the cruise docs. :rolleyes:
I hope everyone has a good evening!
Andrea

For fellow Castaway Club members, if you haven't been to the website recently, I suggest you go visit it. Effective Oct 3 (yes, our cruise), the onboard "perks" will change to the level system. That means, for those of us who have only cruised 1-4 times, we have been disinvited to the Castaway Club reception.

I don't know why it angered me so much, but I sent them an email letting them know of my disappointment (and I didn't even plan on attending, since I'd heard it was crazy busy). I don't know, but for the past 17 months, I've been told I'll get X, Y and Z as a Castaway Club member. Now, 3 weeks before my trip, I'm told that I no longer get X, just Y and Z. I think they could have handled it a LOT better and I think it's the principal of the matter that bothers me. I told them it made me feel like a second-class citizen, to have been downgraded (rather than just having the other levels be upgraded) and I was very sad that Disney was the one to make me feel that way.:guilty:

I totally agree Heather! We've spent 33 nights on DCL ships - but only 4 cruises - so now we are "uninvited" to the CC party just a few weeks before sailing. (and we actually liked the new format party better than the old, really enjoyed talking to the officers and other cruisers)

Plus I'm very concerned about the priority booking for Gold and Platinum with the 2011 bookings. Since we are only silver until after this cruise if the booking window open whiles we are onboard for Gold and Platinum we might not be able to book until we get home which means we lose out on the on-board discounts and credits.

I didn't see anyone else mention this but ito me it looks like 1st time cruisers will not get any incentives to re-book while onboard since that is now listed as a cc perk.

I'll be very curious to hear all of the details they referred to in your response e-mail.

I'll be very curious to hear all of the details they referred to in your response e-mail.
My response was a total non-response:
Dear Heather,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are truly excited about the enhancements planned for our Castaway Club program that are scheduled to be released on September 11, 2009.

Please check back on our website on September 11, 2009, when all of the details will be posted for the new Castaway Club program. If after that date you still have questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Have a Magical Day!

Francesca
Reservations Department
Disney Cruise Vacations
So, we'll see if anything changes tomorrow (since we have nothing better to do than to sit around waiting for Disney to slowly reveal everything, including new sail dates that I have no chance of getting, etc)!

Michelle, I was so sorry to hear about your grandmother. You and your family will be in my prayers...I know how tough it is to lose someone that close. I have decided today that is cruise is a celebration of life, family and friends...On Friday I learned that I needed to have a lumpectomy of my right breast. My husband, (my own private physician, convinced me to go see a fellow physician) one test lead to another and today I had surgery. It's been a long day...I had to be at the hospital at 7:30..they were getting me ready to inject me with a radioactive medication and realized the meds weren't there and wouldn't be until 11:30 or 12:00,,they took me back up to pre-op. At that time I decided I could go and get a few hours of work in and be back at 11:30. I returned , got my IV, got my injection and and began the wait...after much waiting at 5pm I went back for surgery. By 6:30 was on my way home..I Praise the Lord that it seems all lymph nodes are clear and the tumor was the size of a walnut...all the Path should be back tomorrow and we continue to pray that there continues to be good news... But as I talked to my Anestheologist (who is going on the cruise with us)...we decided that life is so fleeting,,take every opportunity to tell those you love how special they are not only in words but in action. So now my dilemma is will I be able to do the Castaway 5K..!

Was a little busy and didn't get to check if my DOCS showed up!! Since I'm the TA, I shouldn't have to wait much longer.. to give you another HA! HA! my father-in-law had his knee replaced yesterday so my wonderful husband was at the hospital with him all day yesterday, went with me for scans, had a wisdom tooth cut out....meet with the insurance adjustor about his car, he had a run in with a 350 lb. black bear last Wed. night and did $7,000 + damage to his car....then my whole day today and while I was in surgery my 17 year old daughter was in a car wreck in a car she received last week from my best friend and hwr husband. (luckily she was not hurt...but the car was.) So I am close to being exhusted and thin I'm going to hit the hay...and pray that I don't get struck by lightning, with my luck. Praying that I might feel well enough to go into the shop and do some paperwork and hopefuuly pick up my DOCS!!! Thanks for letting a total stranger vent!!

Thank you Pam for ur thoughts and prayers. I am thinking of you as you await ur results. I too had a lumpectomy on my right breast last year. I know the waitin is the torture. I always remembered the advice my cousin( who fought the race for 14 yrs.) gave me some advice when I was going through my scare....she said regardless of the result it doesnt change who u are......U are the same with/without the results. I too believe to tell family and friends all the time how much they are loved!!

well it looks like Monday we are all in a race on who gets the docs first!! I guess I will stalk the TA to be able to go and pick them up...hehe

well it's now Friday and I need to get to bed so I can awaken for friday work...TTFN

Just checked on our Docs, they will be here TODAY!!!!!! they were put on truck at 4 this morning for delivery. Cant wait to see them. Off to get boys up for school. have a great day.

Michelle your family is on our thoughts and prayers
Kim

Michelle - I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: (And the horrible co-worker :scared1:)

Pam -I've done the lumpectomy result as well and wanted to send you some pixie dust all turns out well (mine did) pixiedust:

Wow Pam! You have had a hectic week. :( I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Praying everything turns out just the way you want it to. :)

Michelle - we've still got you on our pray list. :)

To all - I want my docs too! We aren't to get them til Monday. Dang it! Why can't UPS deliver to me on a Saturday. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Oh well, got plenty to do to keep me moving closer and closer to being able to pack and go. :) Gosh I hope the time flies by some. :)

Take care all! Kristi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter