• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oceaneer Band for Disney Infinity 3.0

trara1375

Mouseketeer
Hi DISers...

It's been a while since I've been on the DCL DIS threads...we haven't been on a cruise since 2010 and it will be a while before we make our next cruise.

Anyhow, my DS14 just upgraded to Disney Infinity 3.0 (Video game) and was excited to see the Disney Cruise Ship as well as Cruise Characters on the video game...then disappointed to find out he'd need an Oceaneer Band to obtain these items. He'd really like to have these items in his game, he's a huge DCL fan (and wants us to get on our next cruise...NOW, but that can't happen).

What I'm wondering, is if someone happens to have an extra DCL Oceaneer Band that they wouldn't mind sending our way so he could live vicariously through his game until we can make our next cruise happen. You would really make this teen's day!

Thanks in advance for anyone that might consider this a possibility.

If anyone has a second I would greatly appreciate it too! Been trying to get one since last year and not managed it. Have no kids so no chance of getting on unfortunately.

We specifically asked on the Magic in April if our band would work, and they said yes. But we can't seem to make it work. Any hints or tips on what we might be doing wrong?

Since Disney announced the cancellation of the game 2 months back, the value of the oceaneers band have drastically gone up. I've been looking at them on the auction websites and they were running about 20-40 dollars. Now they are selling them for more than $150.

I would be weary of putting any money on the game as Disney does not support anymore, shut the division down and laid off all the staff.

I had to buy one off of a kid outside of the oceaneers club. I never did get it to unlock the content though.

I missed the announcement to close DI. They just put a ton of money into making that area for it in the kids club, too. I am confused by the weird statements - "we closed it and fired everyone, but we still support the game and it's ideas and are looking forward to the future coming playsets this year". Those statements contradict each other.

I had to buy one off of a kid outside of the oceaneers club. I never did get it to unlock the content though.

I missed the announcement to close DI. They just put a ton of money into making that area for it in the kids club, too. I am confused by the weird statements - "we closed it and fired everyone, but we still support the game and it's ideas and are looking forward to the future coming playsets this year". Those statements contradict each other.
This is odd! My son LOVES disney infinity!!!

Yeah the announcement was sad and confused me as they make a fortune from it. I've tried buying but can't get any off ebay as none seem to do international shipping!

We kept our oceaneer band from our dream cruise last summer specifically for disney infinity and it does not work. So I would not buy them on eBay.

We kept our oceaneer band from our dream cruise last summer specifically for disney infinity and it does not work. So I would not buy them on eBay.

Could it be the game version? I think it was Infinity 1 or 2 it worked with but having not had one to try I'm not 100% sure

Could it be the game version? I think it was Infinity 1 or 2 it worked with but having not had one to try I'm not 100% sure

We have 2.0 and 3.0 and have tried it more than once with both. We have unlocked things with a magic band from wdw. We have two younger kids but also have a teen who is much more computer savy than I am and he tells me that our cruise one just doesnt work (he unlocked the wdw one for me). So frustrating! We will be back on the fantasy in a couple of months and we will probably try keeping another band to see if maybe we just got a faulty band. But ours looks like it is new because it is from a three night cruise and didn't see a lot of wear, so I don't know. I have read a bit about it on the internet and it seems fairly common for them not to work. That's the only reason I would not go the ebay route for the band. I have also read that if you play with someone online who has it unlocked you can somehow access it through them. But we have decided not to connect the wii u to the internet. If we get a band that works I will come back to this thread and post. Good luck because from what I have seen on the internet the cruise graphics look really fun! :tink:

Yeah the announcement was sad and confused me as they make a fortune from it. I've tried buying but can't get any off ebay as none seem to do international shipping!

I guarantee you that if Disney Interactive had been making a fortune from it, they would not have cancelled the game and shut down the servers.

The fact that they never even bothered selling the "Rogue One" figures that had already been completed is telling as to how much investment in the game we will see going forward.

Here's an interesting read on what happened: http://screenrant.com/why-disney-infinity-was-cancelled/

If you do not turn in your bands you are charged $13.95 , maybe it's 12.95, so it might be hard to find a band.
My son loved paying infinity at the club. We had 1& 2 at home. The area is very cool on the ship

"Santa" just brought 3.0 for our family this Christmas. We've been loving it so far! When Toys R Us had their 75% off sale a few weeks ago we stocked up!! Been looking at Game Stops for previously owned characters and such too. About 20 characters away from a full set. I know, we are crazy. But now it's become a fun challenge! Giant scavenger hunt!

We kept a oceaneer club band from our November cruise in anticipation of XMas and we were able to unlock it no problem. So cute! Port Canaveral, Nassau, the Dream (w/ a Captain Barbosa invasion) and Castaway are available through the band.

We tried a WDW Magicband but couldn't get anything to unlock from the few we tried. Any suggestions from those who it worked for?

Hello everyone, we just got off of a Disney Cruise & we kept the Oceaneer Band this time. Unfortunately it does not seem to unlock anything in Disney Infinity 3.0. I see that some of you have gotten your bands to work. Any tips for us?

Hello everyone, we just got off of a Disney Cruise & we kept the Oceaneer Band this time. Unfortunately it does not seem to unlock anything in Disney Infinity 3.0. I see that some of you have gotten your bands to work. Any tips for us?

It's been a long while. My and my kids' memories are fuzzy about this. I recall it opened up Castaway Cay for one of the Disney Infinity but I don't remember which one. It opened up a toy box for another. I think all we did was just put the band on the portal. I also seem to recall it being vague though...it wasn't overly obvious. I recall having to Google for a tutorial of sorts.

Edit: just Google "disney cruise kids band disney infinity" it'll come up with some YouTube vids and walk through on how to get it to work.

I'm not sure it works anymore now that Disney shut down the servers/stopped supporting it. We got a band in August 2016, put it on the portal, and I think the kids got all kinds of cruise ship stuff--a cruise ship to ride around in, wallpaper, etc.

I was in Mouse Gear a few weeks ago, puttering around the SW section with my son, and saw Disney Infinity figures (can’t remember if they were from “Force Awakens” or “Rogue One”) on the shelves, but they had been repackaged as just “regular” figurines.

No mention of Infinity, no mention of the RFID chips each figure had inside it. The package had what looked like a hastily made-up name for this “new SW toy line”. Clearly, it was a half-hearted effort to pass off Infinity figurines as something else in order to burn off unsold inventory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter