• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OC Register lists Genie Plus and Lightning Lane rides

ttig34

DIS Veteran
Just read an OC Register article that lists the Genie and Lightning Lane rides. Said could launch anywhere between late October and late December.

Disneyland will have 12 Genie+ attractions at launch: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones Adventure, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Splash Mountain, Star Tours, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, It’s a Small World, Autopia, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin.

The seven Genie+ rides at Disney California Adventure are: Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: Breakout, Incredicoaster, Soarin’ Around the World, Toy Story Midway Mania, Grizzly River Run, Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue and Goofy’s Sky School.

Disneyland will have only one individual Lightning Lane attraction at launch: Rise of the Resistance in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

The individual Lightning Lane attractions at Disney California Adventure will be the new Web Slingers: Spider-Man Adventure in Avengers Campus and the crowd favorite Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land. They LL rides will cost $7 to $15 and you will be allowed up to 2 a day.

Last edited:
Thanks! I've been very curious about which rides would have genie+. Will it cost extra to ride Radiator Springs Racers and Rise of the resistance...?

Interesting. Well we will see how this plays out. For my family of four, we always go single rider on RSR, and I assume that will still be a no-upcharge option. We did WebSlingers when we visited last month, and it was fine but no way am I paying premium to ride it nor wait in a standby line for more than 20 min for it. So fine to skip that. Thus Rise is really the issue for us. How many times will I be willing to pay $60 total for all of us to use LL for Rise? Many will face this question, and I bet the science of strategizing the Rise standby line will become highly finessed. Will there be a mob walk/running to Rise at rope drop? Will Early Magic Hour/Magic Mornings return and offer Rise? Will it be best to wait until park closing and jump in the Rise standby line then?

Yes, it said it would be $7 to $15 dollars- don't know if based on ride or crowds, etc. And you can only purchase 2 Lightning Lane Rides per day.

Thanks! I would use that since we've never been able to get on either of those rides. probably only once in a blue moon, though.

Looks similar to the rides that were available via MaxPass. If the rumors are true that you can only use LL 1x per ride, if you only go to CA, it would be a hard sell for that. But DLR is very different from WDW and park hopping is so much easier that most of us buy PH anyway. We just booked our NYE trip and I'm cautiously optimistic about this. WDW goes live Oct 19. I'm curious to see if there are any differences between the 2 locations. Interesting that Space is a LL$ at MK but not at DL. I'm 100% happy with that.

One thing I do not like about it is that rumor has it that you can only use it to ride each ride once per day. With Maxpass, once a certain timeframe passed, you could get another fastpass for the same ride. Was hoping it would just be the lightning lane individual paid attractions that would have that restriction.

I really hope they rescan the LL+ for RSR at the point where the lines merge since people are shelling out extra $$. I can't tell you how many times I would see people jump the barrier between the SB line and FP line and walk up to the front. There was a second FP scanner at the merge point but it was never used.

We are here now, and as an avid MP user in the past, I would pay to skip these very long lines right now!!! It has been a bit nuts; we have RD’d the last two days, and the lines are just almost immediately crazy. Yes some waits are overstated, but I would never get into a 65 minute Space Mountain line at noon (we waited 45 minutes actual) during MP days. I would have just rope dropped it and then MP’d it several times during the day…. So, I‘m game for G+. Is it confirmed you could only get one “pass” from G+ for say, Space Mountain, per park day, or is that just one ride on a LL ride per day? If it is one ride only per park day for something like SM, that devalues it considerably for us.

Colossal fail. Most Disneyland guests are locals. We are not paying for fastpass. We are emptying our wallets for popcorn buckets and snacks :D
Um… don’t then. That’s actually ideal, you local guys can go on a really off peak time when lines aren’t bad.

For the people like me that are spending $800 on flights, $2000+ on hotel, knowing I can guarantee being on Rise three or four times during the week for $60 extra… priceless

I *hate hate hate* paying extra for stuff like this, but I actually think it’s pretty solid. They need to do something to allow reduced times for single day guests or out of town guests or people that only go one in their life or once every five years or something.

But they need to do something so it won’t get bogged down like RSR Fastpass. If by 9:45am or something the return if 7:35pm WITH a Fastpass… well, it’s not the best system.

We are here now, and as an avid MP user in the past, I would pay to skip these very long lines right now!!! It has been a bit nuts; we have RD’d the last two days, and the lines are just almost immediately crazy. Yes some waits are overstated, but I would never get into a 65 minute Space Mountain line at noon (we waited 45 minutes actual) during MP days. I would have just rope dropped it and then MP’d it several times during the day…. So, I‘m game for G+. Is it confirmed you could only get one “pass” from G+ for say, Space Mountain, per park day, or is that just one ride on a LL ride per day? If it is one ride only per park day for something like SM, that devalues it considerably for us.
Don't know for a fact the only one ride pass per day is true, but this is what I read on another site.

"Another thing to keep in mind about Disney Genie+ is that you will ONLY be able to ride each attraction once using Genie+ (though you can ride a second or third time through the Standby line). And, Disney has confirmed that each ride has a limited number of Genie+ reservations each day and they CAN sell out. "

Don't know for a fact the only one ride pass per day is true, but this is what I read on another site.

"Another thing to keep in mind about Disney Genie+ is that you will ONLY be able to ride each attraction once using Genie+ (though you can ride a second or third time through the Standby line). And, Disney has confirmed that each ride has a limited number of Genie+ reservations each day and they CAN sell out. "

If that is really the case I don’t think it’s worth $20/person/day.

If that is really the case I don’t think it’s worth $20/person/day.

Yeah, maybe that might work at Disneyworld where they have far more choices, but not Disneyland, especially for someone like me who does not do the roller coaster type rides, so I'd be getting on probably 6 rides once, and that would be it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter