OC Entertainment book question

Disney Dider

DIS Veteran
If I were to buy this, are there hotels in the Anaheim area that accept the entertainment book discount? Our trip is planned from April 23-28. Thanks so much if you have this info. I checked out the site already and it doesn't list the hotels.

Well my first question to you is do you live in the OC? If not, the hotel listings are national, and you can buy the book for wherever you live (that book will likely be less expensive than the OC book).

There is an unlisted-in-the-book benefit with the HoJo on Harbor, and you'll see it mentioned as the "entertainment discount". :) On the dates that it's available, you can get a rate of $59 for a normal room at that HoJo. (that rate is found and booked by calling them directly, their in-house people, or buy using SD50 on hojoanaheim.com) You show them the card at check-in if you get that rate by phone or online.

Other than that, my South Puget Sound (Tacoma, WA area) book lists all sorts of hotels.

You know, I think that you can sign up for an account on entertainment.com without registering a book. I *think*. I say that b/c I am fairly sure I signed up for my account before receiving my book. So you might be able to see the listing.

But just a small example, they have Carousel, Super 8 on Katella, Tropicana, and Portofino listed in their "guaranteed best rate" category, among others.

In their Direct to Hotel program listing, a few are Jolly Roger, Best Western Anaheim Inn, and Tropicana, among others.

And their Hotel Chain Savings Program lists, among others, Best Western, Days Inn, La Quinta, and Super8.

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much! I am from Idaho. I always thought you had to buy the area book. I just read the hojo post and tried that code on their website. Maybe I did it wrong but the price is 139 and 149. :(

What are your dates? Even if the ent. rate isn't available, you can always request the Disboards 15% discount.

Molly, do you remember what that code is? I keep forgetting.

That rate isn't available all the time. Your dates almost coincide with the Dis "ladies only" trip, and they/we are staying at HoJo, and I know the entertainment rate isn't going to be there OR just hasn't been offered yet (you reading, hojoanaheim dis-board member? ;)). I should have read your dates before replying!

You should also know that if you want to stay at hojo (it's a nice hotel, and there's a thread all about them, with the manager replying on it, on this forum) and if the entertainment rate doesn't come out for that time, as a Dis member you can tell them that (again, only talking to the reservation people right there at the hotel, not the 800 number people) and they offer a 15% discount for Dis'ers.

I love the entertainment book. It pays for itself throughout the year anyway, b/c mine has $20 in Safeway coupons (I paid $15 during a special), but there are Seaworld coupons even in mine, and the hotels work nationwide, and there are coupons for local restaurants. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter