• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OC Beach w/ Boogie Boarding Rentals?

egritz

Never too old for Disney!
We are headed down to Disneyland in a couple of weeks and are planning a beach day (for a Monday). I know my main options are Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach, and Newport Beach, but do each of these have easily accessible surf shops where we can rent boogie boards for the day? When visiting the coast we usually stay at Air BnB's that offer boogie boards so I've never had to rent one before. We are driving down, so I could rent elsewhere too if there is someplace in Anaheim or on the drive out where we could rent them.

Also for a mid-September trip, should we pack the kids' wet suits? Or is the water tolerable? (For reference they are good with the August water temps in San Diego, but need their wet suits further north in Morro Bay).

My family has rented boogie boards from 15th Street Surf and Supply in Newport Beach several times. Easily accessible, parking right outside the door, right on the beach. We have only gone in October and November so it wasn't busy at all. We also rented beach chairs and umbrellas. It has been a couple of years, so I don't know if my info is still accurate.

Can't help with the wetsuits question.

My family has rented boogie boards from 15th Street Surf and Supply in Newport Beach several times. Easily accessible, parking right outside the door, right on the beach. We have only gone in October and November so it wasn't busy at all. We also rented beach chairs and umbrellas. It has been a couple of years, so I don't know if my info is still accurate.

Can't help with the wetsuits question.
Thank you, very helpful...may make our decision of which beach to go easier....I like the easy access/right on the beach!

All three have rentals very convenient to the beach (on or right across the street. I'd bring wetsuits but the water is always too cold for me here! My kids (teenage boys) are usually fine in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter