observations and musings about our 12/28 New Year's Eastern Cruise

dmadman43

<font color=purple>Card-carrying member of the WDW
Some overservations from our 12/28 Magic Eastern cruise. Take them for what they are worth

Stayed at the Hyatt the night before. Staff leaves much to be desired. Breakfast service was slow...you'd think they would know they had families in going on the cruise. Bus transfer service was flawless

Check in at terminal was a breeze. Wife had mistakenly brought expired passport. Not a problem. They simply made a note of it and let us through

Boarded at 12:45. Palo's (in Rockin Bar D) and Spa reservations immediately available.

Gor to the cabin at 1:30. Had two cabins 7072 -7074 (one for DD DS, non ajoining, though). Cabin was showing its wear. Veranda door handle was broken and would not lock. Took maintenance 3 times to fix it. Also had to fix non working A/C

You can hear talking in neighboring cabins. Kids (not ours) felt the need to bounce off walls at 6:30 every morning. uhg!

Need to find a way to deter kids from running in the halls! Very noisy Perhaps fishing line strung across hallway?

To the weasly brat or the sleazy Mom that stole my blue drink mug to fill out her collection--Thanks! Real classy! (couldn't buy a blue mug after the 2nd day)

To the lady that shoved her way to the front of the pin collecting line and pleaded innocence..that was real classy, too. You weren't the one who stole my mug, were you? :smooth:

Andrew at Palo's is awsome Get him if you can. He spend 15 years on the QE2. Knows his stuff. The $50 tip was well spent.

Speaking of tips, I wish they would encourage tipping of the Oceaneers Club staff (we did it). They more than earn their pay!

To Jacqui my cruise director- not a great idea to schedule the New Year eve party to go until 2:00 am only to have to get up at 6:30 the next day for immigration at St. Thomas! no fun! :smooth:

If I find Andrea from the entertainment staff I'm going to kill her for tricking me into participating in the John Travolta disco contest on 70's night!!!

Winning $475 at our very first time playing Bingo was fun. Didn't even have to share the pot! Missed winning the $5000 jackpot, though!

Late seating is the way to go, IMHO. I think it makes things less rushed. The one advantage is you get late breakfast on going home day!

Can we do something about Shutters? The configuration just doesn't work It's way too crowded and located in an awkward spot, on the way to the restaurant.

To the lady with the crocheted top and nothing else but pants on. Yea, we know they are fake. Now, go put something on. You don't have the face to pull that off. :smooth:

Too many good shows to choose from. I don't feel rested I feel wore out! But it was fun!

Do the couples massage and facial. The the cabana massage on Castaway Cay.

Is there any place to buy jewelery or liquor on the islands? :jester:

This was just plain strange. Overheard at Topsiders during breakfast: A Mom and her son talking:

Son: How does the captain know how to drive the ship?
Mom: They use satellites becasue the ocean doesn't have any roads. Before they had satellites the ships just had to go where the wind took them :confused:

Son: They use Morse Code, right?
Mom: No they don't need to use Morse Code anymore now that they have the internet :confused:

I hope he's not homeschooled :eek:

LOL! :) I was a Gloria Gaynor on my last cruise too :rolleyes: but I knew when they "asked" me what I was getting in to. ;) And I won TWICE in one session at bingo! :) Had to split both pots, though.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise! :)

Originally posted by WebmasterMichelle
LOL! :) I was a Gloria Gaynor on my last cruise too :rolleyes: but I knew when they "asked" me what I was getting in to. ;)

Yea, but all you get is this cheesy medal for the embarrassment of winning the contest (Am I admitting I won? uh...well...maybe...nevermind...forget what I just said)

We had Andrew too for brunch and dinner and tipped his very handsomely as well.

He was awesome and is not in to sharing a dessert with your companion, he always brought two.

Try to get Andrew, you won't be disappointed.

LOL.. now I understand Kellogg's doesn't have ALL the Flakes, some are loose on Disney Cruises...

I would NOT put up with the kids banging on the wall at 6:30 a.m. unless you can bang on their wall when they go to sleep and keep waking them up!!!

Great post! Reminded me of a few things from our December 7th Western cruise:

To all the people who felt they had to lean on our door and "chat" the early morning away whilst their clothes dried...gee thanks! (yes, we were directly across from the laundry room on deck 6....knew where our room was as soon as the humidity hit us)

To the group of folks that felt they had to crowd us and butt in front of the sweet family behind us at embarkation..real class act there!:mad:

I agree that the Oceaneer Lab counselors deserve tips and should be included automatically. "They were simply awesome" to quote ds.

>>>LOL.. now I understand Kellogg's doesn't have ALL the Flakes, some are loose on Disney Cruises...>>>

Jeanny, you said it very well!:)

You still can't beat a Disney cruise, although you'd like to beat a few of the passengers! LOL

Lisa

From one webbed foot Washingtionian to another, I would be happy to try to swipe, I mean find, I mean buy you another blue mug on our upcoming trip and bring it back for you.

I travel to Seattle four or five times a month and can deliver it or mail it to you. That is if you really are looking to finish your collection. Let me know we leave in a month.

:teeth: :teeth:
My DH used to say I was too critical of people when I made observations similar to yours...until someone "lifted" his re-fillable beer mug on our Disney cruise last Oct.! There were more than a few class-acts on that cruise, too. Our neighbors had 2 children they locked out of the room while they were "changing clothes"(what else could I tell my son?), and those children beat on the door and yelled to be let in. I am not sure they appreciated my son informing their son that he could go to guest services and get his own key! Like you, we felt we needed a vacation after our vacation, but even more, we needed to get one of those "cabin stewards" for our home!

Originally posted by DadofTigger
From one webbed foot Washingtionian to another, I would be happy to try to swipe, I mean find, I mean buy you another blue mug on our upcoming trip and bring it back for you.

I travel to Seattle four or five times a month and can deliver it or mail it to you. That is if you really are looking to finish your collection. Let me know we leave in a month.

Thanks for the offer, DadofTigger. I really wasn't that attached to the blue mug. I just know that's why it was stolen, as they quicly became a rare item. Guest Services gladly gave me a coupon to get a new mug so I wasn't out the $35. We came home with way too many mugs as it is. :smooth: Very nice of you to offer, though.

You're crackin' me up!

Too funny about the the crochet top!

Good report here!:p :p :p

Loved your observations!

We had our mugs stolen, too, on CC -- filled with Coke no less! No problem replacing ours, either -- but sheesh! We're pretty confident the 'class-acts' were the same parents who feigned ignorance about taking our float. Great examples to their kids.

Then again, bad examples are a great way for kids to know what a good example really is!!

LOL!!!:p :p

When my husband walks in and actually hears me laughing out loud while on the comp...he has to stop and ask why. When I pointed out your post...he, infact, laughed almost as hard.
Thanks for the chuckle.

Now, I guess I should put away my 70's crochet bathing suit top, bummer:jester: :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter