• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Obama 'to reverse stem cell ban'

Yes, twice actually. :hug:
Oh my goodness! That's terrible! :hug: :hug:

See, guys? Stem cell research could help save lives of innocent kids, including your fellow DISers. So what if the BIBLE doesn't say it's "RIGHT"? What's more important, following a book, or saving lives?

Oh my goodness! That's terrible! :hug: :hug:

See, guys? Stem cell research could help save lives of innocent kids, including your fellow DISers. So what if the BIBLE doesn't say it's "RIGHT"? What's more important, following a book, or saving lives?

i dont think there's anything in the bible to indicate that this is wrong, from what i've read of it anyway. christians are supposed to value life. it's not like these embryos were ever going to become babies. they would be discarded. isn't that a waste when they could be used to help save lives?

That's why I choose to follow a book.

"The Biblical Solution:

We know from scripture that God is the creator and giver of life. “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them,” Gen 1:27. With this understanding, believers must hold up the prophetic standard that human life is not ours to treat as a commodity. We cannot arbitrarily decide which life is worthy to keep and which life should be destroyed. To participate in or sanction such practices is rebellion against the Almighty, and those who do such things bring judgement upon themselves; “ you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him,”I Jn 3:15.

As believers we must seek justice for the weak and the oppressed. “Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another,” Zch 7:9. We are not to shed innocent blood or do harm to the widows and fatherless, “Thus saith the LORD; Execute judgment and righteousness, and deliver the one being robbed out of the hand of his oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place,” Jer 22:3. Certainly, the writer would argue that the unwanted human embryo is the ultimate orphan. Neither the father nor the mother has any use for him or her, so off it goes to be discarded or used in research.

When we are confronted with the impending murder of a fellow human being, we are to do what we can to deliver the victim from his or her impending death. “Rescue those being taken towards death, hold back those staggering towards slaughter. If we say we did not know, does not he who ways the heart perceive it?” Prov 24:11, 12. For those who wish to be followers of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, we must be willing to love our unborn neighbour and the tiny human embryo as we do our selves. Even if you can’t see them or witness their suffering, they are part of the human race; therefore they are our neighbours. “Love your neighbour as your self,” Matt 22:39.

Part of loving our unborn neighbour, is to seek the same legal protection for them that is afforded to us. It is appropriate that we advocate for criminal sanctions to be levied against the mad scientist who dissects a human fetus or splits a tiny embryo that is comparable to what a murderer of a child in a school yard would receive. We must also address the sins of in vitro fertilisation and chemical birth control. More embryonic children are destroyed by birth control than by embryonic stem cell research. If it wasn’t for the church’s and society’s abandonment of viewing God as the giver of life, we wouldn’t even have to address the issue of embryonic stem cell research today."

Sincerely: Bill Whatcott
Executive Director: Christian Truth Activists

:)

I'm taking a break from this thread for a while, but Sonya, Amanda (I'm guessing that's your name? Haaha I'm sorry I don't know), and Ppufi (and I don't know yours either... sorry! ;)) :hug:

I'm taking a break from this thread for a while, but Sonya, Amanda (I'm guessing that's your name? Haaha I'm sorry I don't know), and Ppufi (and I don't know yours either... sorry! ;)) :hug:
My name is Meg. But thanks :hug:

And Wanda, so you'd rather have me, Sonya, and Ppfui (sorry, I forgot your name!) to die rather than to use fetuses that would never live, and try to save our lives?

Gee, thanks.

You realize that, no matter how many cases you present, Wanda's not going to change her mind.

:\

I'm thankful that I don't need a book to tell me how to live.

And yes I support Obama's decision to lift the ban. :)

That's why I choose to follow a book.

"The Biblical Solution:

We know from scripture that God is the creator and giver of life. “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them,” Gen 1:27. With this understanding, believers must hold up the prophetic standard that human life is not ours to treat as a commodity. We cannot arbitrarily decide which life is worthy to keep and which life should be destroyed. To participate in or sanction such practices is rebellion against the Almighty, and those who do such things bring judgement upon themselves; “ you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him,”I Jn 3:15.

As believers we must seek justice for the weak and the oppressed. “Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another,” Zch 7:9. We are not to shed innocent blood or do harm to the widows and fatherless, “Thus saith the LORD; Execute judgment and righteousness, and deliver the one being robbed out of the hand of his oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place,” Jer 22:3. Certainly, the writer would argue that the unwanted human embryo is the ultimate orphan. Neither the father nor the mother has any use for him or her, so off it goes to be discarded or used in research.

When we are confronted with the impending murder of a fellow human being, we are to do what we can to deliver the victim from his or her impending death. “Rescue those being taken towards death, hold back those staggering towards slaughter. If we say we did not know, does not he who ways the heart perceive it?” Prov 24:11, 12. For those who wish to be followers of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, we must be willing to love our unborn neighbour and the tiny human embryo as we do our selves. Even if you can’t see them or witness their suffering, they are part of the human race; therefore they are our neighbours. “Love your neighbour as your self,” Matt 22:39.

:)

You do realize you can take this in the same sense of someone terminally ill right?
With this understanding, believers must hold up the prophetic standard that human life is not ours to treat as a commodity. We cannot arbitrarily decide which life is worthy to keep and which life should be destroyed.
So you're saying we should choose to keep the fetus alive because that's what God says? But you point out a quote that says "We aren't to decide who's to live and who's to die? Contradiction.

Rescue those being taken towards death, hold back those staggering towards slaughter. If we say we did not know, does not he who ways the heart perceive it?”
Why do we have to rescue a fetus that has no chance at survivng? Why can't we rescue a child who's battling juvenile diabetes and actually has the chance to be someone in this world?

To me, this is one screwed up logic. And no I'm not trying to change your mind, I just wanna know how you can contradict yourself?

I'm Sarah. :) :hug::hug:

And with that, I'm stepping away from this thread, at least until I finish my homework. :rolleyes1

Sonya, Wanda is not contradicting herself.

What she means is that everything happens for a reason and everything should occur the way it was meant to be. Either good or bad.

:hug:

I'll keep you in my thoughts always, hon.

The average person with FA only lives til adulthood, not even (now did THAT scare the crap outta me!)

Even if you survive to adulthood, you have a VERY high cancer rate. Basically, if I don't bleed to death/suffer major head trauma, I'll die of cancer. Lovely.

FA? whats that. im sorry i feel like such a loser not knowing what that is:confused:
and :hug: :hug: :hug: X1,000,000

to the rest of this thread
-face palm- again with the bible verses.
EPIC FAIL!:lmao:

i completely and totally agree, because then my uncle might be cured of parkinsons.

FA? whats that. im sorry i feel like such a loser not knowing what that is:confused:
and :hug: :hug: :hug: X1,000,000

to the rest of this thread
-face palm- again with the bible verses.
EPIC FAIL!:lmao:
Fanconi Anemia, a really rare genetic disorder that affects bone marrow and blood :)

And don't feel stupid, not many have heard of it!

What she means is that everything happens for a reason and everything should occur the way it was meant to be. Either good or bad.

Exactly. I know a lot of you won't like me saying this but: That ^^ comes straight from Ecclesiastes chapter 3. I just studied that AND the embryo controversy in Bible (I'm homeschooled...). Even David mentions it. I have Type 1 diabetes, the complications of which could end my life (like the straight over 300 blood sugars I had for over 12 hours last night) but I'm still against the research.

I'm just saying, the quotes she pointed out she used in the context of a fetus. However, those quotes can also be used in the context of a person with cancer/diabetes/what have you.

Well how do you know getting involved in the research and all isn't supposed to happen for a reason... and isn't how it's meant to be?
Obviously it wouldn't have come into action and life and all if it wasn't supposed to happen... or whatever. ha :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter