Oasis Questions

verygfy

DIS Veteran
We are sailing on the Oasis of the Seas this year, and trying to sort through some of what to expect.

We booked a oceanview balcony cabin with a sofabed, so unlike Disney it doesn't have the pull down bunkbed. I am concerned about space for me, DH, DS and DD. We have always been able to do 1 cabin on DCL and plenty of space. Has anyone ever stayed in the cabin with 4?

We are booked for late dining, but looking at the compasses it looks like late dining really doesn't work for the show schedules? Should we move to early?

Thank you for any help.

We are sailing on the Oasis of the Seas this year, and trying to sort through some of what to expect.

We booked a oceanview balcony cabin with a sofabed, so unlike Disney it doesn't have the pull down bunkbed. I am concerned about space for me, DH, DS and DD. We have always been able to do 1 cabin on DCL and plenty of space. Has anyone ever stayed in the cabin with 4?

We are booked for late dining, but looking at the compasses it looks like late dining really doesn't work for the show schedules? Should we move to early?

Thank you for any help.
I think a sofa bed will sleep two. It might be a little cramped depending on the size of the kids, but it should work.

There should be two show times each night... one "early" (for those eating late) and one "late" (for those eating early). If early seating isn't available, you can see if you could change to MTD (would require paying tips in advance).

We just got off the Oasis last week. You should be concerned with the space. :) We stayed in a Central Park view room specifically because we don't need a balcony and the room was listed slightly bigger than the ocean view rooms. My parents did have an ocean view room and it appeared to be the same size.

What we found was that the sofa bed was small for two, but fit our 4 and 6 year old fine. The issue was the rest of the room. First, when the bed was out, there was only about 18 inches of walking space around the cabin (18 inches on the ends, 18 inches between beds, etc). Very tight at night. The stateroom attendants were far more attentive than Disney and would often have the bed put away by 8:45 in the morning (on Disney we found it would be out all morning some times).

The other big space constraint was cabinets and drawers. This was also much smaller than Disney and we found that it was hard to keep 4 people's clothes organized.

We LOVED the Oasis and booked a second cruise (and canceled our Disney cruise), however the next cruise is going to be 2 balcony rooms.

This is a concern for us too and we'll be travellign with our two kids (i.e. so sofa bed for two). We ended up booking a Promenade room, partly because it will be fun for our kids to look out, but also because they are "slightly" larger than most standard rooms. I'm anticiparing it to be quite small but suites are above our price limit (bathrooms are tiny too from what I remember on past RCL ships). Nevertheless, I've heard these ships are amazing.

It depends on the ages of your kids. From your pics, it looks like they're younger, so I would switch to early dining. With the late dining, you could only make the later shows, which would be around 10-10:30. By then, most kids aren't into it. ;) We did the late dining, and not only were we bored and starving by then, but we felt like we wouldn't be alert enough for the shows (and we're in our 20s!). Sometimes, dinner service went long and we wouldn't have been able to make the shows without leaving early. We were with a group though, so there was nothing we could do about it, unfortunately.

We loved the My Time Dining - it was so handy. We booked our times with the Maitre D ahead, so we still had the same service team. Loved our Oasis cruise. We are on the Fantasy in 25 days, so will see the comparison!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter