Oahu Helicopter Tour

amandalynne621

Earning My Ears
My husband and I have an upcoming trip to Aulani using our DVC points for June! One of the things on our list of things to do is a helicopter tour. I've done research with companies, but given my flight anxiety, I like to be re-assured that others have had positive experiences!

Has anyone done a helicopter tour during their Aulani stay? If so, which company did you use? We are currently looking at the company Blue. I would love recommendations!

We booked through aulani the short 30 minute helicopter tour. I was terrified and found 30 minutes to be enough time. I ended up having a great experience. We got to see a ton of the island and it was a highlight for my kids. I'd book the 2 VIP front seats for a little bit more, also.

We're doing a helicopter tour on Kauai with Island Helicopters. Not sure if they're on Oahu too. It's a 90 minute tour which includes a 20 minute landing in a remote part of the island, so we're in the air for about 60 minutes. The only thing I will caution, and not sure if this is the same with all companies, but they require us to call the day before to confirm our tour is full because if they don't fill it, they may cancel it or we'll be bumped to the afternoon tour. This is because they won't operate if it's not full, and also due to weight distributions. They have a strict 250 lbs weight limit per person.

The other thing is that it ended up being more expensive than I was anticipating. They don't charge you until your tour in case it does get cancelled. The advertised price was $269pp but after taxes, fees and surcharges, it was closer to $350pp. Their most basic tour is advertised at $145pp so not sure if their fees would be less as well.

Blue came up in my research and they seemed to get good reviews. Enjoy!

We used Paradise Helicopter from the North Shore (leaves from Turtle Bay Resort). They have a "doors off" option which is really cool. They range from around $170 to $350 depending on tour and options.

The staff were great and it has great reviews. Turtle Bay Resort also has horseback riding, a great beach, and other activities so you could make a day of it.

The other thing is that it ended up being more expensive than I was anticipating. They don't charge you until your tour in case it does get cancelled. The advertised price was $269pp but after taxes, fees and surcharges, it was closer to $350pp. T

What was the difference in cost that was added???

We just got back from Aulani and we took a 60 min island tour with Makani Kai Helicopters. We booked from their website but I think you can also book with Aulani. They have an option to take off from the Ko'Olina marina which is a short walk from Aulani. The tour circles the whole island. It was a great experience.

What was the difference in cost that was added???

Taxes, fuel surcharge, airport surcharge... I think that was it. The biggest thing in the "fine print" was there was a $30 surcharge per person they are required to charge but it's not part of their advertised price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter