O.C. Register: California Adventure's top Imagineer leaves firm

Timur Galen. I don't know much about him. Maybe AV can fill us in. But from the article I see he:

1- Directed design and construction of DCA
2- Was responsible for Downtown Disney
3- Was in charge of design and construction of Hong Kong Disneyland

Hmmm. Is there a negative about his departure that I'm missing? Or is he the fall guy?

Anyone?

He might just be the fall guy, but at first glance, I don't see the downside to replacing the DCA guy with the DisneySea guy.

It'd be interesting to know the slant of these folks. Do they (originally) come from the creative side of the house, or are they born-and-bred financial types?

Gary

I know that the Fabulous Disney Babe has in the past some 'not so nice' things to say about Mr. Galen, but other than that I don't know much about him except a brief project list. However, it seems like a step in the right direction. He also was involved with DL's Tomorrowland redo and we westcoasters know how *THAT* turned out. And I think he oversaw the 'backwards parking garage with no covered escalators.'

Now, does anyone know more about John Verity?

From the title I was hopeing it was Mr. Braverman (sp??) leaving since he (and Paul Pressler) took all the credit, but IM{ns}HO anyone connected with CA, DD or what I'v heard about HKDL leaving the company can only be seen as good news.

Maybe more good news is comming?

I am jsut excited that John Verity is taking over the project. HAving created the best theme park ever, (The Disney MGM Studios) I expect him to make Hong Kong an amazing park. Unless it is already past the point where design changes can be made. But I doubt that because they are still in the process of preparing the site.

Uuuuummmmm........Disney MGM the BEST Disney park?

Actually, I gotta say it was our LEAST favorite(at WDW)on the recent odyssey that saw us visit every Disney park in the world(sans DLP).

Too many live shows, a scaled down version of Fantasmic(that rinky dink steamer at the end is almost an embarassment)hot as hell, the Big *** Hat and an uninspiring entrance that DID NOT make you feel like you were anywhere "Disney" added up to make not the best Disney park experience at WDW.

For THE BEST Disney park(and indeed, overall BEST Disney Resort), I believe you should check out a little place in Japan called "Tokyo DisneySea".

As for the guy that designed DCA being sacked......uuuummmmm, is this meant to be BAD news?

:confused:

house-cleaning. Why doesn't some big company "see" Pressler's "talents" and lure him away from Disney? THAT would be the best thing to happen to the company in years. He's a penny-pinching no talent that tried to run Disney like General Motors. JMHO.

Roy

I love the Studios, too. I LIKE the live shows, and the studios have some awesome rides - TOT and RNRC.

While it's sad to see anyone lose their job, I haven't liked any of Galen's work. He was associated (In my mind anyway) with a bunch of stuff that I haven't enjoyed about the "new" Disney. So I hope it's a good move for the mouse. Let's not forget, however, that one needs an adequate budget to make any project work. "Ruduction by committee" has been just as much to blame as any one single person. Strip anything of money and you get stuff that is less than it might have been.

MGM is a very nicely designed park, regardless of whether or not you enjoy the attractions. In fact, I just saw the Big hat live, and actually liked it. Wierd, because I expected to hate it.

We need vision and leadership for the future. Hopefully this change helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter