*o* August Check-In Thread *o*

Can't get the 4-for-3 deal on my room, though the TA said to keep trying. I'm figuring that the 30 day mark is the likeliest time to get it.

I will just die if HM is closed on August 12 or 13! That is my number 1 must see! We usually go to WDW since we live in GA and I really want to see the original. I also made a reservation for dinner at Carthay Circle, and I am very excited.

I will just die if HM is closed on August 12 or 13! That is my number 1 must see!..

Highly doubt it would be closed that early. Halloween Time starts on September 7th, and the overlay normally doesn't take more than 3 weeks to finish. It should start August 20th to open on Sept. 7th.

Can't get the 4-for-3 deal on my room, though the TA said to keep trying. I'm figuring that the 30 day mark is the likeliest time to get it.

I couldn't get it the day it came out but tried two days later and it worked! So don't give up!

Just booked a last minute trip August 2nd-7th. Getting into LAX at 11pm on the 2nd so will be staying at an airport hotel for the night, then heading to DL the next morning. This will be DH and I's 4th trip, our 5-year olds 2nd trip (last one was at 18-months) and our 2-year old's 1st trip!

DH is a manager at WDW and we know the resort inside and out - DL, not so much! My 5-year old is obsessed with Cars and Marvel and Lightening McQueen so he'll be in his element - and my 2-year old is a real foodie so I'm sure he'll like the dining options!

Just sharing

I called to book BB with Fantasmic! The CM was really awesome and set the ADR for 6:20pm. A week passed and I read a blog stating "You'll see Fantsamic! next to your reservation." So out of curiosity I looked into my DL account and low and behold it wasn't there. The BB 6:20pm was there but no mention of it being a package with Fantasmic! I did not make a mistake. I told the CM this was for our son's 15th birthday and that it was our first visit to DL. So now my lovely dinner is at 4:20pm instead of 6:20pm it was the only time they had available. :sad2:

... So now my lovely dinner is at 4:20pm instead of 6:20pm it was the only time they had available. :sad2:

Sorry for the frustration. Keep checking back (daily, if need be) to see if your reservation can be moved. Cancellations are fairly common, thanks to the 24 hour cancellation policy, so it is possible that you could find a better time slot.

Sorry for the frustration. Keep checking back (daily, if need be) to see if your reservation can be moved. Cancellations are fairly common, thanks to the 24 hour cancellation policy, so it is possible that you could find a better time slot.

Thank you! I think I'm so frustrated because I spoke to someone and explained what we were celebrating and I asked twice, this includes Fantasmic!, right? Both times she said yes. How could she have gotten it wrong, I only made one reservation. :confused: Disappointing :sad2:

I will just die if HM is closed on August 12 or 13! That is my number 1 must see! We usually go to WDW since we live in GA and I really want to see the original. I also made a reservation for dinner at Carthay Circle, and I am very excited.

Don't worry about it being closed at that time. We go that week all the time and it's never closed. It closes around the 20th.

We will be there August 11-17, and we are resigned to the fact that Matterhorn will be down, but we are super sad about the Tiki Room closure. We still don't know if it will open again during the last few days we are there, though, so we are crossing our fingers. It's a staple for us when we go during the hottest months. Does anyone have any insight about the Tiki Room? Maybe it will be opening again with the opening of the Tropical Hideaway?

Our dates are Aug 9-16 (Thurs to Thurs, so no parks on those days). I’m trying to decide which day to use MM; Saturday or Tuesday. Also trying to decide which will be our non-park day; Sunday or Monday. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thx.

We will be there August 11-17, and we are resigned to the fact that Matterhorn will be down, but we are super sad about the Tiki Room closure. We still don't know if it will open again during the last few days we are there, though, so we are crossing our fingers. It's a staple for us when we go during the hottest months. Does anyone have any insight about the Tiki Room? Maybe it will be opening again with the opening of the Tropical Hideaway?

I’m incredibly sad about this too! I thought I saw on another Disney blog or somewhere that I was just down from 8/6-8/7
Maybe that’s just wishful thinking? I will miss it if it’s closed :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter