• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NYE...which park?

cjlong88

DIS Veteran
I'm leaning towards Epcot, but HS and MK also seem appealing to me. For those of you who have been during this time of year, which parks have you done on New Years Eve and what did you enjoy (or not enjoy) about the experience?

My experience is a zillion years old, but we specifically chose Epcot because it has the widest walkways

Are all four parks just out-of-bounds crowded? Or do most choose MK and Epcot?

We are doing Epcot this year as well, more room. All 4 parks will be crazy, but MK will be a zoo. In 2016 we were at MK early in the day on NYE, and it was already ridiculous. We scooted out of there.

MK ---- a zoo would be a understatement. Gst will be laying around EVERYWHERE.
Epcot-- much more room. Easier to manage
HS ----- not sure they will be open till midnight. Way to crowded and too small .
AK------- will HAVE NO excitement . No fireworks . Normally not open late.

Where ever you go, you HAVE to be in that park before 5:00idh. Parks will be full that early.

HS ----- not sure they will be open till midnight. Way to crowded and too small .

Where ever you go, you HAVE to be in that park before 5:00idh. Parks will be full that early.

I wonder how park reservations will effect this? As most of us know since park hopping came back there has not been a case of anyone being turned away at any park entrance due to ”being at capacity “. NYE is a different animal when it comes to crowds. It’s one of the few days each year where they actually have closed the gates to guests coming in. Let’s say you have a reservation to MK but don’t get there until 8. Don’t they have to let you in? Really curious about this since it hasn’t happened since reservations were introduced

I like Epcot, wide range of music, lots more space and I don't know the whole World Showcase just makes NYE seem more festive. We park at DHS and walk over. Exit back out the back and in bed before most are out of the Epcot parking lot.

Also when staying at Disney, the buses were still running at DHS and we walked right on to one.

We hope to be there for the afternoon/evening only. Rides won’t be high on the list. Mostly enjoying World Showcase.
Most guests do choose Epcot or MK.
Again, Epcot can handle the increased load "better."

I like Epcot, wide range of music, lots more space and I don't know the whole World Showcase just makes NYE seem more festive. We park at DHS and walk over. Exit back out the back and in bed before most are out of the Epcot parking lot.

Also when staying at Disney, the buses were still running at DHS and we walked right on to one.
This is exactly why we are staying at YC for this trip. We plan on ending up at Epcot most nights. The simple convenience of walking a few minutes and being back at the hotel late at night sounds simply delightful.

Many years ago I saw a guidebook with the best description of MK on NYE - Nightmare on Main Street :scared:

Also keep in mind that WDW has historically done MK NYE fireworks on 12/30 also. With the current situation, who knows? However, this is why I've made my park reservations as 12/30 --> MK , 12/31 --> Epcot.

Also keep in mind that WDW has historically done MK NYE fireworks on 12/30 also. With the current situation, who knows? However, this is why I've made my park reservations as 12/30 --> MK , 12/31 --> Epcot.

Our plans as well. The best of both worlds. Have a great trip!

Following this.. Our first NYE trip also

You'll enjoy it ! It's one of my favorite times of the year to visit.

Some things to keep in mind. Don't worry about trying to ride lots of rides - the parks will be crowded and ride lines will be long .. long .. long! Do a few "have to's" and just wing it on the rest. WDW will have a lot of streetmosphere entertainment and other things so there will be something to enjoy.
Try to book at least one sit down meal in your preferred park each day - it's really nice knowing you have a guaranteed place to eat where you won't have to fight the crowds.
The 30th and 31st will be long days - bring a portable battery pack for your phone(s).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter