NYE is full for EPCOT and Magic Kingdom

Just made it in time--- booked ours yesterday for NYE @ Epcot-
NYD doing DHS--- MK and EP were available, but wanted to try and avoid some craziness--- Did not expect NYE to be booked already for EP & MK !!! Wow !

During recent investors meetings, Chapek and McCarthy mentioned the plan is to increase capacity to 100% toward the end of 2021.

Many APs are tied up in the 50th, so not yet able to reserve parks for Christmas/NYE. I fully expect more openings.

Strange considering that capacity should be at 100% on NYE, unless the parks are actually booked to capacity ALREADY?!!

Strange considering that capacity should be at 100% on NYE, unless the parks are actually booked to capacity ALREADY?!!
If I were Disney (I have absolutely no connection to them) I would allow as many park reservations for Epcot and MK as I felt would be a safe number of people in those parks and cancel park hopping that day. Yes, they can predict how many people would hop that day, but controlling the number would be safer.

I don’t think I would ever do Disney on a holiday however New Year’s Eve always seem to be a really cool experience at Epcot

If I were Disney (I have absolutely no connection to them) I would allow as many park reservations for Epcot and MK as I felt would be a safe number of people in those parks and cancel park hopping that day. Yes, they can predict how many people would hop that day, but controlling the number would be safer.

CEO Bob Chapek and Disney Parks executive leadership have publicly stated on multiple occasions that the parks will be back to 100% capacity by the fall..

Which I guess that’s the question noone knows. Are they booking future dates to 100% already… or still lower and more will be released later? Time will tell I guess!

CEO Bob Chapek and Disney Parks executive leadership have publicly stated on multiple occasions that the parks will be back to 100% capacity by the fall..
Yes, and they could book park passes up to that number and suspend hopping on those days that they know will be especially crowded. I think that’s better than having guests wonder whether they’ll get in or not.

Which I guess that’s the question noone knows. Are they booking future dates to 100% already… or still lower and more will be released later? Time will tell I guess!

Since they are in the planning stages of increasing capacity, current park reservations would not reflect it.

100% capacity is a lot of people, think phases 1-4. How they plan to release those numbers within the buckets, hopping, etc. will be an interesting process

I don’t think I would ever do Disney on a holiday however New Year’s Eve always seem to be a really cool experience at Epcot

I thought the same until we went for Christmas 2018--- Epcot on Christmas Eve--- Edward James Olmos read the CP, and we ate at Spice Road and watched "Illuminations" from there.

Christmas day we went to DHS, and did JBJB dessert party--- best trip we've ever had !!

Yes, and they could book park passes up to that number and suspend hopping on those days that they know will be especially crowded. I think that’s better than having guests wonder whether they’ll get in or not.

Except many folks book park reservations and do not show up leaving out spots for folks who would have wanted to go, I always found it odd that there is no penalty for not showing up especially on peak days, the system is flawed. It's time for the park reservation system to go away, there is no need.

Except many folks book park reservations and do not show up leaving out spots for folks who would have wanted to go, I always found it odd that there is no penalty for not showing up especially on peak days, the system is flawed. It's time for the park reservation system to go away, there is no need.

There's a penalty on the new AP program over in California for doing that. Perhaps they'll be one attached on this coast as well?

We are booked for MK on NYE. Just hoping we are allowed in from the UK!
I was also hoping the dessert parties would return by then.

We went to Epcot for NYE 1999 going into 2000...people who were not resort guests were being turned away at the parking toll booths at 7:30am so reservations may be a good thing!

Is there a way to be notified of when spots open for NYE at MK or EP or is the best strategy to check literally every day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter