NYE at EPCOT

kcb1dizbksfan

Mouseketeer
First time at EPCOT NYE ... Beautiful weather and music is already playing ... Normally not a big New Years Eve celebrator, but took a road trip to Charleston, Savannah and Orlando.

Happy New Years to everyone on the Boards!

I just saw a pic of the line for the boat ride in Mexico. It queued up the ramp and out the doors. Cava de Tequila is not reachable as of 5:00. I know the energy must be great, but I am so happy not to be involved in those crowds.

Last edited:
I just saw a pic of the line for the boat ride in Mexico. It queued up the ramp and out the doors. Cava de Tequila is not reachable as of 5:00. I know the energy must be great, but I am so happy not to be involved in those crowds.
TOTALLY agree - just NOT my thing!

Good one, Jes. Would they be at all related to a Disney enthusiast who was at a Disney swap meet/sale I saw one time who argued with me that only HE had the REAL Mickey Mouse's signature, because it was left-handed? :rotfl2:

P.S. Woody's voice from Toy Story kept running through my head, shouting "You are a TOY!!!!!!!"

I've been WDW twice in the last two years and skipped Soarin both times due to the wait time being crazy. Could have got a fast pass but wanted to do test track more.

Was at EPCOT last night and the vibe was awesome. Everyone was having a great time. This was our first time for New Years Eve and would do it again in a heartbeat. Lines were long for everything but we still had a great time. My only complaint is that it took forever to get back to the resort because of the traffic everywhere. The fireworks and the parties were simply amazing and worth the price of admission alone.

Happy New Year Everyone!!

First time at EPCOT NYE ... Beautiful weather and music is already playing ... Normally not a big New Years Eve celebrator, but took a road trip to Charleston, Savannah and Orlando.

Happy New Year! Maybe there will be some pictures from EPCOT in our future???

In an alternate universe, I would have been there, but plans changed.
I still want to do this some year, though.

Also, people waiting that long in line for Soarin (or any ride) obviously is just passing time until the fireworks. You don't go to the parks on new years expecting to get a lot of attractions done.

With that said, they seriously should have always had a bathroom at the halfway point of SOARIN. Or at the least, an easy way to get back in line with your party to run to the rest room. That's usually what scares me off of doing long waits like that :D

Agreed that you don't go to the parks on new years expecting to get a lot done but some people might've been willing to wait for Soarin since Sunday is the last day for the current version. At least that is why I am going out on Sunday in the rain.

Happy New Year! Maybe there will be some pictures from EPCOT in our future???
I am hoping . . . been having major electronic issues with my camera for the past few months . . . crossing my fingers and will post images that came out and I feel are worthy for posting.

It was crazy busy and got to EPCOT around 10:30 am. I resigned to the fact that I was not going to be able to do everything I wanted, but it didn't matter. I had a few FP reserved, but chose not to go on them. I thought the energy and the whole vibe there was excellent and people seemed to be on their best behavior . . . the weather was choice in the the high 80's and no rain. I saw illumination at 6 pm and each country along the World Showcase had some NYE activity . . . whether a DJ or some other form of entertainment through a live band. I left EPCOT around 8:30 pm to head back to POR-Riverside and saw the New Years in at the River Roost and the more intimate setting there . . . saw Yehaa Bob and after a very long day it was what the Doctor ordered! I was getting different stories from different CM's about whether or not the 11:45 pm show of illuminations was going to be the same as the 6 pm showing . . . some thought it would be the same and others indicated that it would be different with each country displaying their own fireworks before the grand finale. Either way, I was pretty tired lugging myself and my heavy camera gear around and it was very hot as well. I am not a crowd person, but the one time I exercise incredible tolerable is when I am at the World . . . it just part of the experience and I roll with it . . .

The one thing I thought was rather cool was being able to walk through some of the back areas behind EPCOT as short-cuts for people trying to leave the World Showcase . . . Disney does an excellent job with crowd control and making it as easy as possible for people to navigate through an overcrowded park.

We stayed until the bitter end and the second showing was different. After illuminations each country had a short display in order they rung in the New Year. This was timed perfectly and when 12 hit, the fireworks display was simply amazing, probably the most intense and incredible display I have seen at Disney. Great night and great show.
Disney knows how to throw a party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter