NYC to Bahamas/Caribbean

ejgonz2

DIS Veteran
Do the NYC to Bahamas cruises typically only run in the fall?

We’re looking at spring/summer 2019 and want to leave from NYC. We’ve cruised with Carnival and NCL pre-kids and want to do DCL since we’re taking a break from the parks until Star Wars land is ready.

We’re looking at spring/summer 2019 and want to leave from NYC. We’ve cruised with Carnival and NCL pre-kids and want to do DCL since we’re taking a break from the parks until Star Wars land is ready.
On DCL, yes. The Magic summers in Europe, Wonder is in Alaska, and the Dream and Fantasy are under contract to base out of Port Canaveral.

Sadly, yes. During school. While many people I know who would LOVE to cruise DCL from NYC (myself included) cannot cruise because of school being in session.

My fingers are crossed that this might change once the new ships are sailing.

Sadly, yes. During school. While many people I know who would LOVE to cruise DCL from NYC (myself included) cannot cruise because of school being in session.

My fingers are crossed that this might change once the new ships are sailing.

Our kids are really young so missing school isn’t a huge deal. We are just tentatively planning WDW for winter/spring 2020 after Star Wars galaxy edge to open. So fall 2019 would be too close to that trip and too far from now.

When do the new ships begin traveling? A spring/summer NYC ship would be great.

Last edited:

The Magic did sail out of NYC in the summer of 2012 and we jumped on board for that one. However sadly, for a school employee and a mom of kids in HS and college, there is nothing currently planned for summer travel up north. For 2019 we are giving RCCL out of NJ a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter