• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NYC Dis Meet 8/24/12 Pre-Cruise w/PodCast members - DETAILS ADDED page 4!

Can you join us on 8/24 in NYC for this meet?

• I'll be there with bells on!

• Maybe...

Results are only viewable after voting.
maybe.
I'm a last minute packer, so if I've managed to get all packed by Thursday for the cruise on Saturday then yes.

Hi, I replied with a maybe, depending on the time and location. I could be in the city by 7 (hopefully) on a Friday.

I would love to come! My husband and I live about 90 minutes outside of NYC so we are very interested in hearing what the plan is. :-)

Bumping, since there's only 3 days left to vote in this poll. We have to give ourselves time to find a venue, that's why we're closing the poll on 7/30/12.

Again, if anyone has ideas or suggestions, please PM me or Ginamarie. Thanks! :cheer2:

We may be able to make it. Won't know for sure until next week, so I voted "maybe" on the poll.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I voted maybe. We aren't on the cruise but thought it might be fun to do the meet. We'll see how things work out closer to the date.
Thanks for setting it up shesapirate!

I voted maybe. We aren't on the cruise but thought it might be fun to do the meet. We'll see how things work out closer to the date.
Thanks for setting it up shesapirate!

You're welcome - and thanks for voting!

Oh, and for the record, I'm not going on the cruise, either. I think most of those who have responded aren't going, actually.

EDuke98080 said:
Road Trip? ........

Maybe. I think I may have to work at the restaurant. Let me see if I can get out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DisneyFanInPA said:
We may be able to make it. Won't know for sure until next week, so I voted "maybe" on the poll.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We should be able to come. So please count one maybe as a yes for us (2).

Haha, I only live in Clifton and I hate going to the city :rotfl: I think after living there, it loses some of it's cache... But for this, I'll put that hate aside for sure! :thumbsup2

Maybe it's a Jersey thing I live in North Arlington and hate having to go into the city but for a DIS meet I'll make an exception

Darn.

The reason I'm not going on the cruise is because embarkation in on the Sabbath. Now the DIS meet is Friday night, also the Sabbath?

Double darn.

Would love to make any meet one of these days. If the meet is moved to after the cruise is done, or another meet is scheduled, I'm in. Heck, I'd host it!

We're leaving the next morning for Orlando (via plane and not Disney Cruise :rolleyes1 ) so it'll depend on how my work day goes and how far behind I am in preparing for our trip. I will do my best to be there!

Amanda

Good morning, everyone :goodvibes

Well, the poll is closed, and we have a possible 16 people, according to the responses. I know it's more than that, because I'm sure most of you replied for yourself and your significant other or someone else... so I will get the ball rolling on an accurate count and say that I will be +1. If you all could let me or Ginamarie know how many people total in your group, that would be great :thumbsup2

On to what to do... since it will be evening, I assume dinner would be a good idea. Virgil's BBQ crossed my mind. They do not have any private area seating, but it's a big place with reasonable prices for midtown and really good food (http://www.virgilsbbq.com/menus/dining.php). Just something that popped into my head. I would love to hear your opinion/suggestions. Finding a venue in NYC on a Friday night isn't as easy as it would be if everyone just came to my place in New Jersey hahaha ;)

So please, let me know what you all think, how many people, etc. I'm so looking forward to this, it's going to be great no matter where we go! :cool1:

Virgil's is fine, but likely to be EXTREMELY loud and crowded on a Friday night. That might count DH out of things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter