NYC cruises - how popular?

I've done cruises out of NYC twice, but on the Magic. One was over Thanksgiving and it was packed (my busiest cruise ever), the other was to Canada and not so full. I'd guess that moving from Magic to the Dream which is a larger ship, it'd take longer to fill up, but that's totally an uneducated guess. I'd wager they'll be busier around holidays. NY/NJ schools get the Jewish holidays off so there can be a lot of extra days off around Sept/Oct (don't know when they fall this year) which will probably see more people traveling.
Oh yes, I meant to mention this. Our daughter gets Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur off school in SE PA. For fall 2023 that is September 25 for YK and RH falls over the weekend.

They usually have a military discount on them, and I hope they do in the future so I can book a B2B!

How easy is it to get from airport to port? If you fly in do people just get an uber? Also
how smooth is the cruise? I vaguely recall someone posting the seas were rough at that
time.

How easy is it to get from airport to port? If you fly in do people just get an uber? Also
how smooth is the cruise? I vaguely recall someone posting the seas were rough at that
time.
The seas can be rough at times. I was in the Navy for 20 years and still don't love rough seas! Luckily the Dream is bigger than the Magic, so it shouldn't be as bad, but it still could experience some rockin' and rollin'! It sure isn't like sailing from PC to the Bahamas.

I can't answer the rest but I am looking forward to hearing the answers.

time.
I guess it depends on which airport you fly into. There are trains to all of them, but the complexity of the trip varies.

The seas were pretty calm last fall. I was a bit nauseous on the second day of the cruise, as we header for Bermuda, but I really don't know why. The ship wasn't moving much and certainly it was calmer than it's been on many of my previous cruises. I guess it was moving in just the wrong way for me.

I don't know. The cruise last year from NYC to San Juan was one of the cheapest 7-day itineraries that I've seen on the Magic in the last few years. That cruise had about 1200 guests on it, too. They didn't even bother with two dinner seating times.
Yes, we were on that one. It was our re-entry back to DCL and more-than-satisfactory. Love the Magic. Antigua was a pleasant surprise, and we spent an enjoyable day touring in San Juan as well.

Have been on many Disney cruises but never out of NYC and never to Bermuda. Ours is Sept 28-Oct 3. Looking to find a thread with folks who are going on that cruise. Looking to do fish extenders 🙂

This is the one I'm on. I used to live in Manhattan so it was way easier for me to leave from NYC instead of hauling me and my stuff down to Fla. The NYC to Bermuda is a very nice cruise.

I like the Fish extender but I heard Disney wasn't allowing them now. I guess its something else to check up on that is in flux.

I never looked at the breakdown but it makes so much sense. I'd always heard (and seen) NYC cruises were pricier than identical itineraries from other homeports and that would explain why.

I’m not sure there is a big price difference in port fees.

438506C7-7E0E-41F4-9F6D-424AABBF62A2.jpegA23E1202-5410-4854-ADE0-8CB258D3FD61.jpeg

There’s differences between the sailings and ports, but both are 6 night cruises. Out of NYC $393 for 3ppl, PC $385.

We have done DCL out of NYC several times. When they first started back in 2012 we went on a May DCL cruise to the Caribbean. The last several years they have kept them to the Fall time frame. We have always gone on a *GT discount out of NY so hoping some will show up this year since they have a bigger ship to fill. If I can remember they didn't offer the discounts until June or July for the Fall cruises out of NY.

If they offer a discount out of NY I will definitely book one. I have been to Bermuda once on a different cruise line out of NYC but my husband has never been to Bermuda and I would love for him to see it.

Best itinerary they used to do out of NYC was an 8 night to the Bahamas. They had a stop at Port Canaveral with day passes and transport to WDW and a stop at Castaway Cay....ahhhh such a nice itinerary!!! Wish they would do that one again.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter