NYC 9/11 Tribute in Lights live stream

charlie.nj

I posted the link in the 9/11 Time line thread but thought I would make a separate one.

It really is spectacular to see in the night sky. Beautifully sad.

fyi - if you didn’t know the building on the left with the blue light pole on it is the Freedom Tower at One World Trade Center. It is across the street from the original WTC towers site which is now the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. The Tribute in Lights is a few blocks away.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6190070846001/

Last edited:
We just went to see the Tribute in Light from the NJ side of the Hudson River....just awe inspiring to see. Then we went to see the George Washington Bridge all lit up (it is lit only on special days). That bridge is very special to our family as my husband is retired from the Port Authority and the bridge was his post for almost 20 years. He was on duty on 9/11 and had to close the bridge as it was reported that it could be hit next as a target. He eventually was sent down to the WTC site that day and we didn't see him for months as he was working so much overtime down there. He lost 37 fellow officers that day....many that were good friends. Never forget. His post before the GWB was the WTC command.

MJ

We just went to see the Tribute in Light from the NJ side of the Hudson River....just awe inspiring to see. Then we went to see the George Washington Bridge all lit up (it is lit only on special days). That bridge is very special to our family as my husband is retired from the Port Authority and the bridge was his post for almost 20 years. He was on duty on 9/11 and had to close the bridge as it was reported that it could be hit next as a target. He eventually was sent down to the WTC site that day and we didn't see him for months as he was working so much overtime down there. He lost 37 fellow officers that day....many that were good friends. Never forget. His post before the GWB was the WTC command.

View attachment 525382

View attachment 525383

View attachment 525384

MJ

Thank you for posting these. I am so sorry for the overwhelming loss that your husband experienced.

So happy they changed course and went ahead with the light tribute this year. It would have been sorely missed by the nation.

Prayers to all who suffered a loss that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter