NYC 2024

Heatherdbby

Mouseketeer
I was browsing online and contemplating what to get a place holder for and noticed when they released 2024 there wasn't anything out of NYC Is that normal?

The NYC sailings will come out with the next release. Traditionally the ship that has gone to Europe ends the TA in NYC, and then does around a month of sailings.

The NYC sailings will come out with the next release. Traditionally the ship that has gone to Europe ends the TA in NYC, and then does around a month of sailings.
I wouldn't mind being on the dream again. Any idea when to expect the next release

Very disappointed that the WBTA ‘24 ends in FL. Looks like DCL is through with NYC as a port.

For those who have been cruising with DCL for a long time and have seen all the trends, do you think there's a chance they could cruise out of NYC again in 2025 or do you think no 2024 NYC cruises mean they are parting ways with that departure port?

One reason I think is there are a lot of UK and EU people that like to go to Disney World after the West Bound transatlantic and going back to Fort Lauderdale will make that easier. Just my opinion.

I think the only reason they are skipping NYC next year is that the Dream is going into dry dock after the Europe cruises, but before the WBTA.

That makes sense. Dream is not leaving Europe until Oct. 20. By the time it gets back to the US, it'll be the end of October, which is the very tail end of the NYC season (for DCL, anyway).

Over on the 2024 release thread we’ve been speculating (pipe-dreaming, really) that maybe since they took the Dream away from us they’ll send the Treasure our way in the fall of 2024 ::yes:: :hyper2:

For those who have been cruising with DCL for a long time and have seen all the trends, do you think there's a chance they could cruise out of NYC again in 2025 or do you think no 2024 NYC cruises mean they are parting ways with that departure port?

I think it will be back. Or at least I selfishly hope so. I can get to NY via a 2.5 hr car ride + 2 hr commuter rail ride, much less of a hassle than flying to orlando or miami or ft lauderdale.

Over on the 2024 release thread we’ve been speculating (pipe-dreaming, really) that maybe since they took the Dream away from us they’ll send the Treasure our way in the fall of 2024 ::yes:: :hyper2:
The Treasure will be quite busy running 7-night Caribbean cruises.

I'm glad we booked one for this year. Who knows what the future holds, could be our only chance.

We’ve never sailed out of NYC - our first will be late Oct this year for my bday. Wanted to try a different itinerary and never been to Bermuda so we booked it. I found it odd they didn’t have any Disney transfers or anything, they do partner with a hotel - but it was outrageously priced so we decided to do our own hotel search. Typically Disney has transportation-but having never been out of this port- I can’t speak to the reasoning.

We’ve never sailed out of NYC - our first will be late Oct this year for my bday. Wanted to try a different itinerary and never been to Bermuda so we booked it. I found it odd they didn’t have any Disney transfers or anything, they do partner with a hotel - but it was outrageously priced so we decided to do our own hotel search. Typically Disney has transportation-but having never been out of this port- I can’t speak to the reasoning.

It's possibly because on paper the airports are close to the port 17-20 miles depending on which airport, but in reality you never know how long it's going to take. I think I read in a different thread the partner hotel is the marriott marquis, and yeah that's one of the pricier ones I've looked at, I like the Midtown Hilton on 6th avenue.

I've never sailed out of NYC but between living there and playing tourist there I sort of know my way around.

Checking in on this thread . . . anything official from DCL on why they are not planning any NYC cruises for 2024? We took a DCL Bermuda cruise on the dream last week and absolutely loved it. It will be disappointing if they are not doing this anymore.

Checking in on this thread . . . anything official from DCL on why they are not planning any NYC cruises for 2024? We took a DCL Bermuda cruise on the dream last week and absolutely loved it. It will be disappointing if they are not doing this anymore.
The Dream is going into dry dock after the Europe season next year. Normally the WBTA is mid September. Next year it’s late October (I think) so there wouldn’t be any time to do Bermuda cruises when the weather is still decent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter