• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nutrition Information for DCL?

One thing I do when traveling is to order the vegetarian option.

I do that sometimes, but many of DCL's vegetarian dinner entrees are starch-heavy and creamy/cheesy.

There is a wonderful tofu/vegetable kabob thing with toasted Israeli couscous on the Triton's/Lumiere's rotation menu that I love, though. It tends to be a bit oily, though.

@Password is Taco, I am with you! I have been eating healthy for a good six+ months now. I know if I start eating crazy when I get on the cruise I will actually get sick. I usually eat off the 'Lighter Options' menu which is deeelicous! There is always lots of fresh fruit and as a special treat I will order dessert off the no sugar added menu.

Has anyone used myfitnesspal onboard?

I also concur on the stairs! I always take them no matter what! I gain very little weight on our cruises. Good luck and have an amazing time!!!

Also, the portions are not huge restaurant size portions. They are actually quite reasonable.

Actually, I find the entree portions to be overly large.

It is, however, not too hard to eat healthy. The one most important thing to remember is that you don't have to eat everything you see just because it's there and you paid for it. Keep your portions small, especially at buffets, stop eating when you're no longer hungry, look for lean meats, veggies, and fruits (which isn't hard at all - there's lots) and don't eat sugary snacks. Keep the alcohol to a minimum (my nemesis on vacation) and try to eat the same way as you do at home. Use the stairs instead of the elevators (given how slow and small they are, it's actually preferable). Try spending some time in the gym. We've been on cruises where we were reasonably careful about what we ate, while not totally denying ourselves and indulging a little, used the stairs and used the gym every couple of days and didn't gain an ounce.

@peterpanstout you need wifi to use MFP so you would have to pay for it or have your data on your phone on. I have been using it for a while and wish I could use it on our cruise but it won't be happening for the cost.

I will have to check out that go meals to see if it will help me onboard. I am also worrying about staying on track while onboard.

@peterpanstout you need wifi to use MFP so you would have to pay for it or have your data on your phone on. I have been using it for a while and wish I could use it on our cruise but it won't be happening for the cost.

I will have to check out that go meals to see if it will help me onboard. I am also worrying about staying on track while onboard.
Maybe you could take a look at the menus on http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/ to get an idea of what's offered. Then check the info before the cruise, writing it down for a little backup once onboard?

I gained 22 pounds on our 14 night WBPC cruise. It was gone in about 2 weeks. I drank a ton of water when we got home and all of the swelling went down after about 4 days. I think there is a ton of salt in their foods and that did not help with the weight...so what I am saying is...if you get home and have a few extra pounds, don't fret it. It will likely come off in a few days (unless you eat like a piggie for a week!)

I gained 22 pounds on our 14 night WBPC cruise. It was gone in about 2 weeks. I drank a ton of water when we got home and all of the swelling went down after about 4 days. I think there is a ton of salt in their foods and that did not help with the weight...so what I am saying is...if you get home and have a few extra pounds, don't fret it. It will likely come off in a few days (unless you eat like a piggie for a week!)

Yes DCL uses lots and lots of salt.
Yes weight that is just put on will come off a lot faster if you diet right away. The longer the pounds are there the longer it will take to Come off. So diet as soon as you get off your cruise the weight will come up fast. The longer you wait to start your diet the harder it will be to come off.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter