• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nurse Jackie...

ConcKahuna

<font color=darkorchid>Corn was on sale, 10 ears f
I just saw an ad for this show on the top of the page, and that's when I realized there isn't a thread for it!

Has anyone watched this show? It's a hoot.

Think of House. As a female. And a perscription drug addict. And a bit of a *****.

I just saw an ad for this show on the top of the page, and that's when I realized there isn't a thread for it!

Has anyone watched this show? It's a hoot.

Think of House. As a female. And a perscription drug addict. And a bit of a *****.

:thumbsup2 Sounds good!

The show sounds good, but I don't have Showtime anymore...........
just HBO.......and I can't give that up with True Blood and all.

Seen it. Think I like it (not sure about the infidelity angle). Her friends are a hoot -- loved the sub-plot about the stethoscope.

I love it!! I laugh so hard at almost every scene. Eddie Falco is the best person for that role. I don't know if I mind the infidelity plotline, I mean, I don't SUPPORT it, but in the context of her character, I think it makes sense.

Yeah, its funny, and she's a great actress. Truth be told though, I'm a nurse by profession and don't feel the series puts us in a good light. I worked hard for my license, as did the majority of my co workers, and for the most part we as Nurses are reliable, trustworthy, capable and responsible. Just my 2 cents. No flames please!

Oh yeah, its crazy funny. My best friend is an RN. Works like crazy and loves her job and Im so proud of her. Anyway, I agree with ya, but I have chuckled at it and ready for the next episode.....crazy story line!

Okay, so the nurses I know are hard-working, dedicated, ethical professionals.

But their personal lives. . .oh my. My. ;);):eek:

The stories I've heard about affairs and such make what I've seen thus far on Nurse Jackie seem pedestrian and boring.

(Of course, they're all surgery and ER nurses. . .I understand that makes a diff.)

Yeah, its funny, and she's a great actress. Truth be told though, I'm a nurse by profession and don't feel the series puts us in a good light. I worked hard for my license, as did the majority of my co workers, and for the most part we as Nurses are reliable, trustworthy, capable and responsible. Just my 2 cents. No flames please!

i agree barley jack :thumbsup2

Okay, so the nurses I know are hard-working, dedicated, ethical professionals.

But their personal lives. . .oh my. My. ;);):eek:

The stories I've heard about affairs and such make what I've seen thus far on Nurse Jackie seem pedestrian and boring.

(Of course, they're all surgery and ER nurses. . .I understand that makes a diff.)

what difference could it possibly make? :)
I worked ER, i never had an affair, never did illegal drugs..........
and my dh doesn't work in healthcare, and boy can he tell some doozies of stories about personal lives of co workers.
just sayin

Been a nurse for :rolleyes1 years - never had an affair never was tempted

I like HOUSE I like Nurse Jackie - but they are entertainment and thats all.

Sue:goodvibes

All the time!

Now her at-work lover wants to meet her kid :rotfl2:

I'm thinking she's going to OD in the Finale because with each episode her life is unraveling just a bit more. Next season I imagine is when we'll learn why she's living these lies---working our way backwards.

SPOILER---in this last episode did anybody take the little girl's whisper to Grace to mean that the husband is cheating as well??
END

and Mo Mo is my new TV crush :banana: When his face lit up thinking he was bonding with Akalitus when she was grilling him about adoption and then she just dismissed him with "we're done here, go" ha ha ha

and my dh doesn't work in healthcare, and boy can he tell some doozies of stories about personal lives of co workers.

I work for Walgreens and the stories I can tell... and the things I've seen!!:sad2: This show has nothing on that.

We've watched every episode so far on Showtime On Demand. Absolutely LOVE the show, and I've never been big on doctor/hospital type shows.

ok just great Conc. I may have to get showtime now.
I watched Episode 1 online today and I have to say, I am curious to see the rest.

No she isn't portrayed as the most morally superior nurse, but heck she is portrayed as being smart.
that is way better than being portrayed as the dumb handmaiden to a doctor.

she stands up to the docs, she knows her stuff.
at least what i saw in episode 1

now for the stuff she does.
hmm...........i barely had time to pee let alone have sex and go out for lunch during my shift.........so totally UN realistic there!!

she also seemed to have a lot of down time in that episode, again unrealistic in my opinion.
but its strictly entertainment.

the ear thing, ummmm yeah what nurse wouldn't fantasize about doing something like that.

the organ donor thing, I couldn't get with that, even though the intention is noble, what she did is so ethically wrong.

ok, so now I think I need showtime, I want to watch all the other episodes now.
Conc I am coming over to your house :rotfl:

I agree. I guess I more or less correctly predicted the ending but to watch it was still just... WOW

can't wait for the aftermath

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter