• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Number of points?

TinkerbellRules

DIS Veteran
As some of you know, we are still contemplating the DVC. I noticed the book of points they are giving us are 2001 list. Does anyone have the pts for 2002 yet? Is it posted on here somewhere? We're trying to decide if we are getting enough points.

Specifically, Vero and HH in the summer 2002. We're looking at VWL April 7, 2003.

Thank you for your help. I understand most of the time, just the weeks change, not the points/night.

The point requirements for DVC resorts are unchanged through 2003- so you already have the correct point charts!

Actually, the points have not changed at all since 1996, when some nights at OKW went up a few points and some went down a few.

Point requirements for the other, non-DVC, programs have changed and are likely to in the future. DVC seems to be pretty stable...and I fully expect little change, if any, in the future.

Enjoy!

WD: Do you have any information on the resort in Destin, FL and how many points that would use in the summer? It was called Bay Club of Sandestin (World Passport).

Is it wise to use points for such places?

The World Passport Resorts are ones traded through Interval International (a central trading company for timeshare resorts). DVC does not list points required for those trades as you are usually trading vacation time and size of unit for like vacation time and size like a week for a week in a 1BR, and the trade depends on time and size you want or is available (and generally it is a week as owners of other timeshares usually own a week and can trade only a week); often with a number of resorts you can trade a little less of DVC at WDW for a little more of the other. However, you should assume as a general matter that you most often need enough points for a week in the size of room at DVC that you will be getting elsewhere. Whether it is a good deal just depends to a great extent on whether you believe a week in a room at one of those other resorts is just as good as what you are giving up at WDW (very often the rack rate for a room at one of the other resorts is lower than the rack rate for a room at the resort you own with DVC but then rack rate is generally not a good comparison as there are discounts to be found at your resort and the one you are going to).

The Sandestin Resort is one of the premier resorts (and in my view the premier resort) along the Panhandle. Note though the Bay Club portion of it is not directly on the Gulf (Sandestin is a large spread out resort and Bay Club is actually about a mile away from the beach on the Gulf; it has its own internal transportation system; Bay Club is near some of the primary activity areas of the resort).

drusla: Thanks for the info! The rep explained it to me, but I forgot. We love the Santa Rosa Beach area (down from Sandestin/Destin). I believe it's the prettiest beaches in the US. We've been down there 4 times and I would miss going there. I'll have to see if the Bay Club has a website. I KNOW I've seen it, but can't remember it at this moment. Sounds like it would be better to rent the condo we normally do across the street from the beach (with view). The 1 BR is less than $1,000 during the summer.

What do you think of the value of the cruise compared to cash? We were told that it may be best to use pts for DH and I, but cash for DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter