• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

number of people in party

applelollipop

Earning My Ears
We booked for 4 adults and 2 kids but my inlaws may be joining us..can i make adr for 8 then cancel 2 if they change their plans :confused3

in october i made plans to go to disney with 5 adults and 1 infant. Plans changed only 2 weeks out and we wanted to add one more adult. I called down there and tried to change my reservations to add the last person. they were unable to do so because all the places i had made reservations for were booked. But at each meal i asked the host/hostes if they could add another person and whit out a hitch every single one was fine except for the castle. My recomendation to you would be to call them and see if they are able to add them. This usually requiers the canceling of your current reservation and making a new one. If they are unable to make a new reservation you can always try while your there to see if they can seat 2 extra people. Also if you are able to make all new reservations and then your inlaws dont come its not a big deal at most places down there. The only ones you have to watch out for are the ones with cancelation fees (I.E. Hoopdy Do, the castle, california bar and grill...). There are more that have cancelation policies but you can just call disney and ask them they will be more then happy to tell you.

Hope this helps

You can't just have them dropped from the reservation without cancelling and rebooking it, and if there is no availability for the new party size you have to give up the restaurant. The suggestion usually made is to make the reservation for 8, and then if you can't change the reservation to accommodate the new party size, just show up with six and say two couldn't make it. It's easier to go down two than try and add two to your reservation when you arrive.

If you've already made reservations for six I would recommend trying to change them to 8, but make sure there is availability before you cancel anything.

This could have repercussions at CRT or a dinner show, which are prepaid, and possibly at the restaurants that require a credit card hold, like Akershus or California Grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter