• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Number of people in Cabin?

soccerprincess

Earning My Ears
I booked a Cabin for a trip with my husband, 3 kids (6, 3, and 1) and my mom. Thought it would be perfect fit for us all. I'm excited as my dad is able to join us now but wondering if I should switch two 2 rooms at another resort rather than the 1 cabin? I understand the cabin sleeps 6 BUT the 1 year old would be in a pack and play and this is ok I believe since she is under 3. Do you think it will be too crowded? I was excited for the cabins but thinking we should all have more privacy and room. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

You will fit ok as the kids are small, but you will have the bathroom issue sharing one between all of you, we have stayed in the cabins with three adults and four kids they were aged 2,2,5 and 5 at the time so we coped ok(actually topped and tailed the 2yo's in the bottom bunk we had the double bed,one of the five yo shared the murphy with my Mom and the other 5yo had the top bunk). The kids loved FW and still do, it is a bit more cramped now they are older but they still insist we stay at least a few day's in the cabin's, Mom is no longer with us now so its just two adults with the kids.

I haven't stayed there yet, but we're going this winter with my dad and his wife, and our two boys (3 and 5). I don't think an extra 1 year old would put us over the edge of comfort, I'd probably stick your toddler in with your 3 year old on the bunk bed or else with you and DH in the double to save the room the pnp would take up though (unless you just take it down at night). What's the price difference between 2 rooms at another resort? The one bathroom is the big disadvantage IMO but I figure we can plan ahead, shower at night, etc.

If you're looking for the "camping experience" and will use the kitchen I'd stick with the cabin. If you are looking for the most privacy and convenience 2 value rooms might be better and cheaper.

The cabin pool has a full bathhouse, you can use it as a second bathroom. You might want to request a loop close by.

I also think the cabin will be fine. We stayed in them before the motorhome.Had a great time. There was myself & hubby, we were on the Murphy Bed. Son and wife and and kids in bedroom.I t worked out great. We loved it the kids loved it.:) Great family time.:banana:

I have stayed at the cabin with 5 adults and one kid. We had no problem. But we are close family. It was my FIL, MIL, SIL, DH, Me and DS5. I requested a loop that was near a comfort station considering that their was only one bathroom. But we never needed it. Some of us took showers in the evening. I prefer that after a full day at the park anyhow. And others in the morning. Teeth can be brushed in the Kitchen too. And you can blow dry hair and do make up in the bedroom. There is a mirror with a plug near it.

I have never stayed with a pack and play up the whole trip. So I don't know what that will be like. And where the best spot for it would be either.

Oh yeah, we used the deck a lot with all of those people. We all found places to be quiet and just hang out. We would play card with my son and eat ice cream on the deck.

The advantages of staying at the fort with young ones is that it is very quiet. You can get them to really rest after the craziness of the parks. And they can run around outside too. We absolutely loved the cabins when my son was still taking naps. Also it is soooo much easier to feed them with a kitchen too.

I didn't care much for the All Star resorts this last year. We had 4 in a room and it was more crowded then the Cabins. Plus a lot noisier.

Good luck with your decision.

There are two places in the bedroom for the pack and play, either at the end of the bunk beds or some have used the closet.
Loop 2500,2600 and 2700 are near the quiet pool which has a bathroom but not a shower. Loop 2100 has a path to the CS which has bathrooms and showers. Try to get one of the higher number cabins that are closer to the path. Both CS have laundry. :laundy:

Thanks for this thread. I have learn't a few things. We are going with 3 teenage girls and while I have no problems with the space I have been worried about the bathroom situation. The idea of a nearby CS is very appealing.

I will be wanting to request the 2100 loop. How is the best way to go about that? When do you make that request? We have booked through Dreams Unlimited and will pay the balance before we leave.

Thanks for this thread. I have learn't a few things. We are going with 3 teenage girls and while I have no problems with the space I have been worried about the bathroom situation. The idea of a nearby CS is very appealing.

I will be wanting to request the 2100 loop. How is the best way to go about that? When do you make that request? We have booked through Dreams Unlimited and will pay the balance before we leave.

Put your request in with DU and they will notify WDW.

Thanks everyone! We go in November and can't wait. If I booked with Disney, what is the best process of requesting a loop? And when should I do it? Thanks everyone for the help!

Thanks everyone! We go in November and can't wait. If I booked with Disney, what is the best process of requesting a loop? And when should I do it? Thanks everyone for the help!

Call and put in your request, now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter