Which is the better cookie?

• Total voters

Erzengel

DIS Veteran
jack-jack-cookie-num-num-16x9.jpg

vs.

screen_shot_2017-08-10_at_2.06.31_pm.png

Those who had both, which one reigns?

I didn't care for Gideon's chocolate chip cookie. It was mostly chips, which is not my personal preference. If you like the chips more than the cookie, Gideon's is for you. Love the cookie num num--it's warm and chewy and just tastier to me than Gideon's.

The Num Num Cookie is WAY better than Gideon's, on every level. Gideon's is good. Num Num is Fabulous!

HOWEVER....I answered "other" because better than BOTH of those cookies is the salted pecan triple chocolate chip cookie at Kringla Og Cafe in Norway.

Num num cookie hands down!!! We just got back. We got in the virtual line for Gideon’s and shopped around Disney springs for 4hrs. The excitement and anticipation was building...the presentation and the shop was fantastic. For us, the cookies themselves were a let down. They seemed undone.
we had the num num cookie the next day. Cookie disappointment rectified!

Num num cookie hands down!!! We just got back. We got in the virtual line for Gideon’s and shopped around Disney springs for 4hrs. The excitement and anticipation was building...the presentation and the shop was fantastic. For us, the cookies themselves were a let down. They seemed undone.
we had the num num cookie the next day. Cookie disappointment rectified!
That's how Gideon's cookies are, they're supposed to seem undone. Just an fyi in case you go back and get the same result.

Gideon’s. The num num cookie was good but it feels a bit too sweet. Gideon’s cookies had more depth of flavor for us.

That's how Gideon's cookies are, they're supposed to seem undone. Just an fyi in case you go back and get the same result.

i can’t eat raw cookie dough. It’s nauseating to me. That was the texture those Gideon’s cookies had. It was a little better on day 2. The chocolate chips were not super sweet or bitter so I enjoyed those off of the cookies. For me, that $13 for 2 cookies was thrown in the trash after 1-2 bites. I agree the num num cookie is a bit too sweet though.

i can’t eat raw cookie dough. It’s nauseating to me. That was the texture those Gideon’s cookies had. It was a little better on day 2. The chocolate chips were not super sweet or bitter so I enjoyed those off of the cookies. For me, that $13 for 2 cookies was thrown in the trash after 1-2 bites. I agree the num num cookie is a bit too sweet though.
It isn't raw if that helps at all. But I'm one of those people that buys cookie dough just to eat it, so I don't have that perspective.

The Gideon's cookie was one note....chocolate chips. If I wanted to eat a handful of chocolate chips I'd go get a bag of Tollhouse from the grocery store. It was just too much chip. The cookie was more like candy than cookie. There was no flavor other than just "chocolate chips. Now, to be fair, sometimes ya want that. Sometimes I want that. I'm looking forward to trying the other flavors...especially the coffee cake one in the morning. And no way am I waiting for 3 hours for a cookie of any kind. Luckily by the time our next trip comes around, the shine will be off I'm sure and they'll be more attainable.

The Num Num was really REALLY good. The right balance of chocolate to cookie. Gooey and warm. Tastes like childhood. So so good. I might be biased though, as the CM who was manning the booth gave me the cookie for free when I ordered because it was my birthday. I almost cried.

But, I'm tellin' ya...if you are looking for a cookie with spectacular flavor, plenty of great cookie texture, then try the Norway cookie. And ask for them to warm it up! Heaven.

Chocolate Chip Cookies may be my favorite dessert, but I was sadly disappointed with the Num Num cookie. Granted I've only had it once but it was super dry. I split it with my family and I didn't even finish the portion I had. As for Gideons it was good, but too much salt IMO.

But, I'm tellin' ya...if you are looking for a cookie with spectacular flavor, plenty of great cookie texture, then try the Norway cookie. And ask for them to warm it up! Heaven.

I'd do this unfortunately, I'm not a fan of nuts in my cookies. :(

The Num Num Cookie is WAY better than Gideon's, on every level. Gideon's is good. Num Num is Fabulous!

HOWEVER....I answered "other" because better than BOTH of those cookies is the salted pecan triple chocolate chip cookie at Kringla Og Cafe in Norway.
View attachment 554481
Is it crunchy??? I like a well done cookie!! Now I’m seeing Gideon’s is like underdone I’m not so sure anymore!! Especially if I have to wait hours for it

Is it crunchy??? I like a well done cookie!! Now I’m seeing Gideon’s is like underdone I’m not so sure anymore!! Especially if I have to wait hours for it

It does not "snap", no. Not crunchy, but the pecans give it a great texture.

I’m a baker and got a NumNum at Disneyland. Took a couple bites and threw the whole thing away. So disappointing. Not sure if the recipes are the same.

I agree. They aren't great. They get improved with some vanilla soft serve from the Adorable Snowman stand dumped on top. On their own? Meh. They aren't even as good as Nestlé toll house recipe that I can make at home anytime.

Haven't tried Gideons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter