Now's When My Life Begins - DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM SPRING 2015! *UPDATED 1/27*

PrincessEeyore

DIS Veteran
"I could go running and racing and dancing and chasing and leaping and bounding. Hair flying, heart pounding, and splashing and reeling and finally feeling,
NOW'S WHEN MY LIFE BEGINS!"

...so that might a little bit dramatic, my life actually began quite a few years ago - 22 to be precise - but I'm sure you get the idea. :goodvibes

Hi everyone! My name is Randi and in exactly one week I'll be beginning my college program at the Walt Disney World Resort!

bb5c440c-43d6-4068-9b34-a451ac1577ba.jpg

I have been dreaming of the chance I could call myself a Cast Member for so long and to know that in just a few days I will be able to is the most exciting and wonderful feeling. Like many of us, I owe some of my happiest memories to Walt Disney and the incredible legacy that he created - I only hope that as a Cast Member I am able to not only repay Mr. Disney for all he has given to me but also continue to spread his magic to everyone I have the opportunity to interact with.

I first found out about the college program when I was in high school and promised myself that I would pursue the opportunity to work for The Disney Company as soon as I could. I began my freshman year of college in the fall of 2010 and eagerly began researching and scheduling and figuring out when I could apply for the college program. Well, long story short, 2010 turned into 2011 which became 2012, 2013, and so on and it seemed that applying for the program wasn't going to be nearly as easy I as thought with my major. As an elementary education student, my classes were fairly planned out for me and it seemed almost foolish to go against the grain in this case. I began to think that the college program was not in the cards for me until I realized that I would be graduating a semester later than anticipated because of a second certification that I had picked up at school (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages or TESOL, if anyone is interested). So while I was completing my final semester of school and student teaching in inner-city Philadelphia, I applied for the Disney College Program with the hopes that I would be able to move to Disney World at the last possible opportunity - the semester after my college graduation.

So, to recap, my last semester looked something like this:
  • August 20th: Completed the initial online application
  • August 21st: Completed the web-based interview
  • August 26th: Completed the phone interview
  • September 1st: Moved to Philadelphia to begin student-teaching
  • September 2nd: First day of in-school workshops
  • September 4th: Celebrated my 22nd birthday
  • September 5th: Received the most wonderful email welcoming me to the Disney College Program :lovestruc
  • September 8th: Welcomed my 4th graders to their first day of school
  • December 12th: Finished student-teaching
  • December 20th: Graduated from my most favorite place (besides Disney World, of course), Penn State
2.jpg

I'm in the middle - tailgating with two of my best people.

When I received my congratulatory email, I was ecstatic to know that I had been placed within the recreation role. Under recreation is a specific job titled Children's Activities. Within the Children's Activities role, Cast Members work at the different resort pools, outdoor areas, and indoor daycare facilities and tend to Disney World's tiniest guests. While I was not positive that I had been placed in this exact role (recreation includes other roles such as slide operators at the water parks, arcade attendants, and marina rental salespeople), my interviewer and I had talked almost exclusively about this role during our phone interview.

However, about a month or so after my acceptance, I received a call from the College Program (which at first had me thinking I was fired before I even began :rolleyes:) and was asked if I would consider changing my role to floral! After a very long and very inquisitive chat, I learned that this is the only the second program to offer floral roles for college participants and that people cannot apply for this specific position but rather are chosen based on their interview. While my understanding of the role is still a bit vague, the wonderfully kind woman on the phone explained that I will be responsible for creating floral arrangements and gift baskets (in addition to delivering them to the different resorts) as well as learning how to use the embroidery machines to stitch onto Mickey ears! At that point I was fairly interested in the role but it wasn't until she mentioned this next responsibility that I was hooked: I would also be working with the team that creates the different bouquets, flower arrangements, and other floral decorations for conventions, events, anddd WEDDINGS! :bride:
Needless to say, I was sold. Luckily my program dates did not have to change with this role switch which made me incredibly happy because I already had found some wonderful roommates! So from January 19th until May 15th, I will be a florist! :flower3:

b915afc3-7117-4ea3-add5-237eb32dd4cc.jpg

So, with one week until my check-in day, I'm finally realizing that my life's dream is about to begin (hopefully now the Rapunzel reference makes a little more sense :laughing:).

Now onto the fun stuff:
Number of previous Walt Disney World Trips: Somewhere between 10 and 12 (I've sadly never been to Disneyland :sad1:).
Favorite movie: Mary Poppins holds an incredibly special place in my heart.
Favorite character: My favorites are Snow, Cinderella, and Aurora and I'm starting to love the princess duck herself, Daisy.
Favorite park: Magic Kingdom, no questions asked.
Favorite ride: I love "it's a small world" and the PeopleMover so very much.
Favorite in-park show: I haven't seen every show so I can't necessarily choose one but I could listen to the Voices of Liberty forever.
Favorite in-park parade: Spectromagic - I need it back desperately.

While I of course plan to update this trip report very, very often, I thought it might also be fun to share my Twitter and my DCP Instagram as well (because, let's face it, I'm addicted to social media like most other 20-somethings). So ya:
Twitter: xoxo_randi
DCP Instagram: randi_in_disney

Also, and this just further showcases my social media addiction, I run a Disney bucket list blog on Tumblr aptly titled aDisneyBucketList. The link to that can be found here: http://adisneybucketlist.tumblr.com/

YAY! I am so, so, so excited to begin this once in a lifetime journey and I cannot wait to share it with anyone who might be along for the ride! I'm rather chatty and love to meet new people (did I mention I'm a school teacher?) so please don't ever hesitate to pop in and say hi! :blush:

And as my [future] boss likes to say, "see ya real soon!" :wave2:

Continued in next post!

Wow! I just found your report and can't wait. I also did the College Program many, many, many years ago and am an Elementary teacher. I teach Kindergarten. I know exactly what you mean about having everything laid out for you within the program. Another thing we have in common is the Pennsylvania part. My family is from there and so is my husband's family. He is a BIG PENN STATE fan! Go NITTANY LIONS! I can't wait to read your report. We will be there in March!

Congratulations! My daughter is also going to the DCP one week after you. I have been encouraging her to write a TR! I lam looking forward to reading about your experience with the DCP. It has also been my daughters dream for many years too.

I can't wait to follow along! I've never heard of this role being offered so i'm interested to see what it entails which i'm sure you are as well. Congrats!

As you know, you are a princess: after my own heart, Randi!!! I can't wait to hear about your experiences at my home away from home!!
And you know that I'm going to have to visit you while you're there! I'm overdue for a fix anyway!!!
I wish you the best of luck :cheer2: but I know that you'll nail it!! :teacher:
:cool1:

Wow! I just found your report and can't wait. I also did the College Program many, many, many years ago and am an Elementary teacher. I teach Kindergarten. I know exactly what you mean about having everything laid out for you within the program. Another thing we have in common is the Pennsylvania part. My family is from there and so is my husband's family. He is a BIG PENN STATE fan! Go NITTANY LIONS! I can't wait to read your report. We will be there in March!

That's so crazy - I cannot believe all of the similarities! Please tell your husband that he has impeccable taste in college football teams. :rolleyes: I hope we have the opportunity to run into each other in March; perhaps if you order a floral arrangement? LOL.​

Congratulations! My daughter is also going to the DCP one week after you. I have been encouraging her to write a TR! I am looking forward to reading about your experience with the DCP. It has also been my daughters dream for many years too.

Thank you so much! And many congratulations to your daughter, it's so nice to have a dream come true. Please let me know if she does decide to write a trip report - I would love to follow along!​

I can't wait to follow along! I've never heard of this role being offered so i'm interested to see what it entails which i'm sure you are as well. Congrats!

Haha, I'm certainly anxious to find out what is in store as a member of Disney's floral team! I cannot wait to tell you all about it. Thank you for following along!

As you know, you are a princess: after my own heart, Randi!!! I can't wait to hear about your experiences at my home away from home!!
And you know that I'm going to have to visit you while you're there! I'm overdue for a fix anyway!!!
I wish you the best of luck :cheer2: but I know that you'll nail it!! :teacher:
:cool1:

Danielle! I am so so happy you remembered your password - I can't imagine writing this without you onboard for the adventure! Can't wait to see you SOON! :hug:

Hello everyone!

I am happy to report that I am officially on the way to my college program!

:jumping1:

I left this morning from northern New Jersey and am currently staying the night in South Carolina! Today's ten hour drive looked like this:
50a1af43-981d-41ee-b812-71f48c5f9e71.png

I finished packing yesterday afternoon, loaded up my car (affectionately named Baby - I have a feeling she'll be a recurring character in this trip report since she is moving to Florida with me), and spent the evening painting my toenails and snuggling with my puppies. My family actually left for New York state earlier in the day so I was home alone for the night (which was quite odd for me). However, I survived on my own and woke up at 6:00 this morning looking a little something like Anna.

IMG_0433.jpg

"It's Coronation Day!"

After squealing for a few moments over the fact that I was beginning my move to Disney World today (ahh - it's still so surreal), I jumped into my comfy clothes, grabbed some last minute things, kissed my two pups goodbye and headed out the door!

IMG_0434.jpg

My first destination was Philadelphia to pick up my friend Becky! Becky is also doing the college program this semester and is one of my housemates. We met a few years ago in school and really developed a wonderful friendship last semester because we were both student-teaching in the same elementary school. As fate would have it, we were both accepted in the college program and conveniently had the same arrival and departure dates as well!

Here's a lovely photo of Becky at our college graduation in December:
10409640_10203380642304494_6482063427852546289_n.jpg

And some of her personal favorites:
Number of previous Walt Disney World Trips: 3!
Favorite movie: The Lion King
Favorite character: Mulan
Favorite park: She can't pick one - she says that she likes different things in different parks!
Favorite ride: Dinosaur
Favorite in-park show: Mickey's PhilharMagic
Favorite in-park parade: Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Holiday Parade

After stuffing and smushing and squeezinggg everything we both packed into my car, we hit the road for what seemed like many, many hours along I-95. :drive: We stopped at a Chick-fil-A in North Carolina for lunch around 2:00 and my gosh, I just fell in love with all of the accents I heard. I also fell in love with the waffle fries but really, who doesn't?

IMG_0435.jpg

We hit the road again (I was surprisingly still really content to drive - I had anticipated that Becky and I would be rotating in the driver's seat but as it turns out I happily drove the whole way) and as we drove farther and farther south, the temperature drove further and further up! I haven't seen 50° weather in months so needless to say, I had to document it and share it (rather boastfully :snooty:) with all of my friends:
IMG_0437.jpg

Now, after ogling over the delightful temperatures that I know will only rise from here on out, came the best part of the day. Like any and all good I-95 travelers, I knew that Becky and I needed to stop at none other than:
FullSizeRender-1.jpg

...good ole South of the Border.
¡Olé!

This was Becky's first (and potentially last...) visit to our amigo Pedro but I'm fairly certain she loved it. I mean the lights, the billboards, the plastic life-sized animals?!? What's not to love! :rotfl:

IMG_0441.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Our visit with Pedro was brief (but wonderful). We were anxious to jump back in the car and finish our drive. We had about an hour left and after listening to a combination of Disney classics, 90s pop, and EDM, we arrived at our hotel in South Carolina! We grabbed a quick dinner in town and are now settled into our room for the night. All that's left to do on tonight's agenda is paint my nails (neutrals only for Disney!) and take a quick shower (AHH - a Disney commercial just came on the television!).

We have about six more hours of driving tomorrow before we arrive at our next hotel in Orlando!

ca419d5d-f2d5-4408-ada4-85fcc5ee48ec.png

Tomorrow we're planning to meet up with our roommates for dinner and just explore Downtown Disney for a few hours. After that it'll be time for bed because the next morning will be check-in day! Oh my! :upsidedow

1 MORE DAY!

Continued in Next Post!

Love this! I am a college freshman who really wants to do the college program. Excited to see what this new role entails!

ohh nice you must've had a great interview then. I was religiously watching youtube videos of a DCP er and shes now done her program and gone back home,so I'll be very happy to follow your adventures here :goodvibes

You are to cute!I LOVE the South of the Border pics. We always stop there on our way to visit family in North Carolina. Who doesn't love those tourist traps! LOL I can't wait to hear about tomorrow and check in day.

Following! Have fun!

Yay! Thank you so much for joining in!

Love this! I am a college freshman who really wants to do the college program. Excited to see what this new role entails!

Ooh, that's so exciting - I would give most anything to be a freshman in college again. Please savor every moment! If you ever have any DCP-related questions don't hesitate to ask!

ohh nice you must've had a great interview then. I was religiously watching youtube videos of a DCP er and shes now done her program and gone back home,so I'll be very happy to follow your adventures here :goodvibes

Well thank you for following along! Hopefully I'm able to fill the DCP void for you! :laughing:

You are to cute!I LOVE the South of the Border pics. We always stop there on our way to visit family in North Carolina. Who doesn't love those tourist traps! LOL I can't wait to hear about tomorrow and check in day.

Aww, thank you so much. :blush: My family and I have been stopping at South of the Border since I was a baby and to this day it still makes me giggle!

Let me tell ya, waking up to this might be one of the most exciting feelings in the world:
IMG_6670.jpeg

Because I don't sleep very well in hotels, I woke up around 5:30 a.m. and just sort of drifted in and out of sleep for the next few hours. Becky and I had plans to leave the hotel around 10:00, putting us in Orlando around 4:00. I finally gave up on sleep around 8:00 and decided to explore the outside world. You cannot imagine how much my heart smiled when I saw these right outside my door:
78274525-46ea-4d98-9492-0c22625c6a50.jpg

Nothing screams southern roadtrip to a northener more than palm trees.

After grabbing some snacks at the hotel's continental breakfast, we were out the door and on the road (after stopping for gas) around 10:20 - so close to on time! :laughing: We had about an hour and a half left in South Carolina and an hour and a half through Georgia before we reached the one, the only, the Florida Welcome Center! :lovestruc

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

FullSizeRender-8.jpg

Becky had never stopped at the Florida Welcome Center before so I made sure we did it all. The photo ops, the brochures, the juice!

FullSizeRender-11.jpg

FullSizeRender-9.jpg

FullSizeRender-10.jpg

Considering Snow is my favorite, I cannot wait to ride this beauty!

16930.jpg

After driving for a few more hours (and seeing only two Disney billboards :worried:), Becky and I arrived at our Orlando hotel. Now, I'm not naïve and I understand that Orlando-area hotels aren't necessarily the nicest in certain price ranges but when we walked into our hotel room, it did not smell pleasant. At all. After quite a few moments of deliberation, Becky and I walked back to the office and politely informed the woman at the front desk. She was wonderful - she went right to the room, agreed that it smelt rather illegal, and changed our room (she also upgraded it at no cost which was incredibly kind of her). As soon as I walked into the new room, all of my worries disappeared.

Earlier in the day, Becky and I had made plans to grab dinner with whichever of our [future] roommates were in the area. After freshening up in the hotel room, we headed back into the car and made our way to Downtown Disney.

The most surreal feeling washed over me when we drove under the arches. It was real, this was all real, I was going to be working for Disney.
I was home.
ScreenShot2015-01-21at21341PM.png

Two of our roommates were visiting family that night so we weren't able to see them but four of us were out and about! As we were waiting for our roommate Brandi to join us (her flight had gotten in at 4:30 and unfortunately one of her bags had been lost in the process), Becky and I wandered around Downtown.

We stumbled upon Don Black, an amazing saxophonist, and listened to his entire set. His music style is so interesting - he plays the instrumental versions of popular songs and uses his saxophone almost as if he was singing the song. He was so much fun to watch!
9ae9333a3ba90e7635f4cb92390f5380.jpg

We began listening to another band when we heard from Brandi. She finally received a call from the airport that her luggage had been located (thank goodness!) but it would be another four to six hours before they could deliver it to her hotel. She ultimately decided that it would be best if she stayed in to take care of everything so we sadly were not able to meet her on Sunday night. Thankfully, though, all of her things were accounted for and that's what mattered most - besides we would see her tomorrow when we MOVED INTO OUR APARTMENT. :hyper:

Because our other roommate in the Downtown Disney area was eating dinner with her family, Becky and I decided to go to Wolfgang Puck Express (well actually, I decided and Becky happily came along - I was dying to try the mac and cheese that I had read so much about on the DisBoards!). We placed our orders, found a little table outside, and, after a few moments, we were in food heaven.

The mac and cheese was everything I imagined it would be! The noodles were large, the cheese was the perfect bit of melted, and it even tasted fantastic the next morning when I ate it cold. It was delightful:
FullSizeRender-19.jpg

Becky ordered the BBQ pizza; she loved it! I snagged a piece of her chicken and it really was delicious:
7c4d9451-4988-473f-a9d9-2ea0402181bc.jpg

After dinner, we roamed around a bit and not-so-randomly stumbled into the World of Disney Store. :rolleyes:
FullSizeRender-15.jpg

FullSizeRender-20.jpg

We had a bit of fun with all of the merchandise but refrained from buying anything because in just a few days our 40% Cast Member discount will kick in and really, why mess with something as good as that?

FullSizeRender-18.jpg

The world's largest bow ever, I'm in love.

Well, actually, I did make one purchase! I pressed my first penny (Snow White, of course) and began what will surely be a massive collection. I love, love, love Disney pressed pennies and plan to gather as many as I can while I am here.

As we were leaving the store, I texted our roommate Ashton. She and her family we waiting for the their name to be called at Planet Hollywood so Becky and I walked over to meet her! I have been so excited to meet Ashton - she always has the funniest things to say in our texting group and seems like such a sweetheart. I'm hoping some of her Texan ways will rub off on me.
FullSizeRender-13.jpg

Ashton's favorites:
Number of previous Walt Disney World Trips: 3
Favorite movie: Mulan
Favorite character: Kuzco and Megara
Favorite park: She's tied between Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom
Favorite ride: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Favorite in-park parade: Festival of Fantasy

It was around 9:30 when Ashton's family was called to their table so Becky and I decided to bid farewell to Downtown Disney. Instead of heading back to our hotel however, I not-so-sneakily drove us to my most recent (if you consider five years ago to be recent) Disney home, Animal Kingdom Lodge.
I NEEDED ZEBRA DOMES AND I NEEDED THEM NOW.

FullSizeRender-14.jpg

We marveled at the lobby for the bit - I had so much fun telling Becky about all of the details and authentic decorations - before making our way to The Mara, DAKL's quick-service food court. I swear I must have ran to the refrigerators, I could not get my hands on those babies fast enough.

Not wanting to eat the [Disney] world's most delicious dessert in any old setting, we headed out to the pool bar because these two girls like their adult beverages.

Becky ordered the Black Cherry Lemonade (Grey Goose Cherry Noir Vodka, Odwalla Lemonade, fresh lime juice, and Grenadine topped with Sprite) which she loved.

To enjoy with my Zebra Domes, I ordered the Banana Cabana (Cruzan Mango Rum, Coruba Coconut Rum, Creme de Banana and orange and pineapple juice with a float of Grenadine). I was in heaven (again...).

IMG_0346.jpeg

My goodness, just look at those.

IMG_9419.jpeg

While sitting at the bar, we met a really sweet couple who had just finished cruising on the Disney Fantasy. They were so excited to hear all about our College Program and of course we were very excited to tell them! We also started chatting with the bartender. She told us that she has been working with Disney for more than 18 years and has loved every experience she has had with them. Her positivity was contagious - meeting Laura was the perfect interaction right before our check-in the next morning.

It seemed as though Laura was getting ready to close the bar at that point and not wanting to hold her up, Becky and I said our goodbyes and moved ourselves (and our drinks) to the back patio overlooking the fire pit. The two of us just sat in silence for a few minutes as we wrapped our minds around everything that was about begin the next day. It was starting to hit me: we were moving to Disney World. :teeth:

We finished our drinks, wandered slowly out of the Lodge, and made our way back to the hotel. It wasn't long before we both fell asleep and visions of Disney danced in my head.
Tomorrow we would become Cast Members.

Continued in Next Post!

Following along!

What a fantastic placement -to work with the Disney Florists would be incredible! I was married at WDW September 16, 2009 and the florists did an incredible job!

My DS15 wants to do the DCP when it is his time. I would love for him to be friends with Goofy - DS is already 6'1"!

Also, GO Nittany Lions! We are Penn State fans - DH is from Johnstown , PA!

Good luck and have a great time!

Following along!

What a fantastic placement -to work with the Disney Florists would be incredible! I was married at WDW September 16, 2009 and the florists did an incredible job!

My DS15 wants to do the DCP when it is his time. I would love for him to be friends with Goofy - DS is already 6'1"!

Also, GO Nittany Lions! We are Penn State fans - DH is from Johnstown, PA!

Good luck and have a great time!

Yay - I'm so glad to hear my predecessors did such a wonderful job! I begin my training on Sunday and am so so excited to learn about what I'll be doing. :goodvibes

We are!

Following along. Can't wait to hear how the florist gig goes!

:welcome:
Thanks for following along!

This was it, the day I had been counting down to for more than four months...
Today was check-in day!​
9d172dee600982128c205e2bb000659f.jpg

Becky and I woke up around 6:30 and after changing, packing up the car, and grabbing some breakfast in the hotel's lobby, we were on our way to Vista Way (one of the four Disney College Program housing complexes) to check-in at 8:00 a.m. The morning was spilt into a different arrival times (8:00 to 9:00, 9:00 to 10:00, 10:00 to 11:00, 11:00 to 12:00, and 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.). Our four roommates each had the 11:00 to 12:00 p.m. check-in time so Becky and I were first to experience the whole process!

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

The check-in building was decorated with posters and signs welcoming us to The Disney Company and my goodness, did it get me excited! :hyper:

unnamed.jpg

The check-in process was so efficient and after about only half an hour we were given our apartment keys and sent to our new home! We also received other items such as our program guide, agenda for the next few days, and different documents about classes, College Program events, and other offerings.

We left Vista Way and headed to our apartment complex, The Commons. My roommates and I still cannot believe how lucky we are. Our apartment has three bedrooms (each with its own private bathroom and walk-in closet) and a backyard area that isn't shared with any of our neighbors. It's been wonderful so far!

unnamed-4.jpg

The size of our apartment is absolutely perfect for the six of us! We have a large living room with an attached dining area and the kitchen is open to the living space.

10342418_10152532331586126_3040044179754662739_n.jpg

10540641_10152532331626126_9171768520692775532_n.jpg

10801653_10152532310431126_4740265629802813851_n.jpg

10920924_10152532331476126_7487642476305211096_n.jpg

10945056_10152532331806126_314491315667336568_n.jpg

1012979_10152532331721126_7463895303226141904_n.jpg

We also have an outside space that isn't really accessible to any other apartment so it's almost as if we have a private backyard area. Hellooo tanning. ::yes::

Each of the bedrooms are fairly equal in size. My roommate Aly and I, however, have a bay window in ours - it's FANTASTIC.

10942439_10152532310361126_3455536208781789514_n.jpg

The amount of sunlight that floods this room during the daytime is to die for.

10408484_10152532310271126_224424886392804128_n.jpg

Above my bed is a cork board that cannot be removed so, to hide its un-prettiness, I bought metallic gold wrapping paper that matches both mine and Aly's bedding. I also hung three photos on the little wall next to bed. They're simple black and white drawings of my three favorites (Snow, Cinderella, and Aurora) that I added gold glitter to (are you noticing a gold theme here?). I love them.

10690132_10152532309901126_1062537943080643109_n.jpg

And since I've mentioned her, now is the perfect time to introduce you to Aly!

10420316_10152532376536126_9082813416184528427_n.jpg

Aly and I only live about an hour apart from each other in New Jersey so we met in December for lunch!

And, of course, I asked her the traditional questions:
Number of previous Walt Disney World Trips: over 20
Favorite movie: The Little Mermaid
Favorite character: Goofy
Favorite park: EPCOT
Favorite ride: Carousel of Progress and Haunted Mansion
Favorite in-park show: Fantasmic!
Favorite in-park parade: Main Street Electrical Parade

Aly's role is a Character Attendant which is super fun! She isn't sure who she'll be greeting with but her location is Animal Kingdom which means really unique characters anddd fantastic hours!

Becky and I finished moving our belongings into the apartment just as our four roommates arrived! Between the six of us, we were able to unpack everyone's belongings in no time at all. After a few hours of settling in and organizing ourselves, we took a roommate trip to Target which was quite the adventure. Like two hours later, we FINALLY made it back home and my goodness, there were bags everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

10947295_10152532395456126_6606135391550307081_n.jpg

This was only like one third of it.

After hours and hours and hours of sorting (okay so maybe it was only like 20 minutes), we finally found the apartment floor again. We decided that after slaving away over all of those plastic bags, we deserved a reward anddd what better than...

10931709_10152532394091126_2520480330573143156_o.jpg

BEACHES AND CREAM!

Apparently, though, Beaches and Cream had other plans for us because it. was. packed. After chatting with the oh-so-kind girls at the check-in stand about the wait, they suggested that we visit The Beach Club's bar and, well, drink in the meantime. GENIUS! ;)

We meandered over to Martha's Vineyard and my gosh, was it pretty. Ashton and I each ordered a drink at the bar while our roommates settled into some couches. As we waited for our cocktails, I came up with the BRILLIANT bucket list idea to indulge in a specialty adult beverage at each of the Disney Resorts! With The Animal Kingdom Lodge and The Beach Club already crossed off of the list after only two nights, I was pretty confident in my abilities. Ashton got the Godiva Chocolate Martini (Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, Stoli Vanil Vodka, White Creme de Cacao, and Frangelico) which was de-lish and I ordered the Banana Spiced Rum Martini (Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Bols Creme de Banana, and RumChata Cream Liqueur).

10433293_10152532395441126_5675680504686717472_n.jpg

The drink was good - the taste of the RumChata was certainly present though not in a bad way. I enjoyed it but I would probably order something else if I were to come back to Martha's Vineyard.

Just as Ashton and I sat down with our roommates, Ashley, one of the hostesses at Beaches and Cream, came to tell us our table was ready - what a sweetheart! :goodvibes

My roommates each ordered dinner (it was at least 10:00 at night by this point - it had been a long day!) but I decided to keep my stomach as empty as I could because hello, more room for dessert (coughkitchensinkcough). As soon as we sat down, we notified our waitress that we would be tackling the ice cream beast and I kid you not, every single time those sirens and lights began partying, I CHEERED OUT OF JOY. Awkward thoughhh because it was never ours. First it was another group of roommates', then it was a family's, and then it was a couple celebrating their 57th (FIFTY SEVENTH!) anniversary's. Then, after many, many, many premature cheers, it was finally our turn - we were about to be given our own kitchen sink topped with a whole can (a whole can!) of whipped cream. YUM. Needless to say, I cheered. A lot.

Like look at this beauty, how do you not cheer for it?
1511006_10152532395461126_6328612070036554211_n.jpg

Like look at these beauties, how do you not cheer for them?
10410812_10152532395716126_8602109800055356741_n.jpg

Do you see what I did there? ...:rolleyes:

Anywayyy. We ate and ate and ate (and then I kept eating and eating and eating a little bit more). I am sad to report, however, that we did not conquer the kitchen sink. But do you know what that means? We'll just have to come back again (and again and again and again) because hello, ice cream.

After rolling our very full selves out of Beaches and Cream, my roommates and I headed back to our new home! It was nearly midnight and after being awake for so long, sleep was desperately calling all of our names! I snuggled into my bed (in my apartment...in Orlando...in Florida...weird) and fell asleep thinking about how incredible life was becoming.

I was finally beginning my College Program.

Continued in Next Post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter