• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

now compulsory for drivers in france to carry breathalyser

Sarah28

DIS Veteran
Wasn't sure if this had already been posted, but there is a new law in France making it compulsory for drivers to carry a breathalyser in their cars or risk an on-the-spot fine.

You can read the BBC news article on it here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18662555

You can buy them at the eurotunnel terminal, or you can buy them in advance from places like amazon which is probably cheaper.

Just wanted to make anyone travelling to DLRP soon by car aware of this :thumbsup2

We are thinking about renting a car. Do you know if the rental companies put one in the car? Thanks. also, has anyone driven from CDG airport to disneyland? Is it difficult?pixiedust:

We are thinking about renting a car. Do you know if the rental companies put one in the car? Thanks. also, has anyone driven from CDG airport to disneyland? Is it difficult?pixiedust:

They will do, by the latest for the 1st of November if it's already not the case. They also supply the hi vis vests and triangle which are necessary also by law.

As for the 2nd we have but I'll let a non local answer as how we find it won't be the same as how they'd find it ;)

They have got them on Amazon...bought one this week as we're of to France again soon (not DLP though :sad:, but somewhere where the sun is shining all the time :cool1:)

Luv Suzy

That's dear :scared1:

Carrefour have them at 2€ for 2

http://carrefour.webalogue.fr/?c=0612Promo27_Hyper#/0612Promo27_Hyper_V01/page/76/

Where is the sun shining all the time in France atm ? as we are getting desperate up here so very jealous :goodvibes

Weather forecast last night was rain, rain, rain for every region. It was so comical and OH sid he'd never heard the verb to rain used in so many different ways :rotfl:

Also sat navs that can detect the location of speed camera's are now illegal, found this out the hard way :crazy2:

That's been the law since the start of the year..did you get hit by the 1500€ fine ? :scared:

Nope, no fine luckily , just a telling off "because I was British" and could also turn off the speed camera detection part
I'm ashamed to say I travel to France a lot, just never knew about this new law, the breathalyser one was all over our local news but nothing about Sat Nav's.

Nope, no fine luckily , just a telling off "because I was British" and could also turn off the speed camera detection part
I'm ashamed to say I travel to France a lot, just never knew about this new law, the breathalyser one was all over our local news but nothing about Sat Nav's.

You were lucky :goodvibes

The sat navs laws came in last November and is usual here they gave it a couple of months grace before starting fining people

You know about the one concerning the " la bande d'arret d'urgence" ? I don't know what you call it in English :confused3 It's the lane on the side of the road where you stop if you break down

Anyway if you drive in this lane you can now be liable to a fine of 135€ even if you just go over the line into it and you are seen you can be done ..it's mad :sad2:

And talking on your phone has gone up from 35€ to 135€ fine and 3 points off instead of 2

You were lucky :goodvibes

The sat navs laws came in last November and is usual here they gave it a couple of months grace before starting fining people

You know about the one concerning the " la bande d'arret d'urgence" ? I don't know what you call it in English :confused3 It's the lane on the side of the road where you stop if you break down

Anyway if you drive in this lane you can now be liable to a fine of 135€ even if you just go over the line into it and you are seen you can be done ..it's mad :sad2:

And talking on your phone has gone up from 35€ to 135€ fine and 3 points off instead of 2

Its called The hard shoulder in the UK. I agree with the phone one just as long as its enforced, its meant to be in the UK but its rare. The amount of times i'm driving the ambulance to an emergency & people are on theirs phones whilst driving totally oblivious:mad:

Its called The hard shoulder in the UK. I agree with the phone one just as long as its enforced, its meant to be in the UK but its rare. The amount of times i'm driving the ambulance to an emergency & people are on theirs phones whilst driving totally oblivious:mad:

Thank you Nikki :goodvibes I feel so thick sometimes as I can't remember these things now I'm not using English everyday :sad2:

They should come down hard on phone use as I don't care what people say you aren't concentrating as you should be when you are on the phone even with a head set on.

The number of times we've followed someone weaving all over the road as they are on the phone or not looking at a roundabout or crossing is scary

I guess you get to see some pretty nasty results of this sort of driving in your job :sad1:

Thank you Nikki :goodvibes I feel so thick sometimes as I can't remember these things now I'm not using English everyday :sad2:

They should come down hard on phone use as I don't care what people say you aren't concentrating as you should be when you are on the phone even with a head set on.

The number of times we've followed someone weaving all over the road as they are on the phone or not looking at a roundabout or crossing is scary

I guess you get to see some pretty nasty results of this sort of driving in your job :sad1:

That & for drink driving which makes me made, went to one the other day fortunately they didn't involve any innocent people:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter